Chocolate Protein Cake with Vanilla Protein Frosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Protein Cake with Vanilla Protein Frosting

In an attempt to Christmas shop for others, I paid a visit to the kitchen shop and ended up buying a cake nozzle and a cooking ring for... myself errr... yeah <:-] See, I don't know much about decorating cakes but I figured it can't be THAT hard to learn? Cake nozzles are super cheap and you can just cut a hole through a ziplock and add the nozzle to the hole and boom, you have a proper cake pipe that allows you to decorate your cake like a pro! I don't know about you, but I think when cakes look really nice, for some reason they end up tasting even better, hehe (insert something here about consuming aesthetics.) This recipe started out as a "hmmmmm what am I doing here?" because I basically just added the first two ingredients to my mixing bowl unsure about what I would end up making. After I added the third ingredient though, its fate was sealed: it was to become a protein cake ;-)

Cake Ingredients - blended together and baked at 180 C (356 F) for ~ 30 minutes on a round cake mould:

1/2 cup of greek yogurt (Total 0%)
    3/4 cup of liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup of adzuki beans (or black beans - always canned and unslated though)
    3/4 cup of chocolate whey protein
    1 tbsp of cocoa
    1/8 cup of vanilla whey protein
    1 small banana
    1/4 cup of pea protein (I wanted to use coconut flour but I ran out so consider using that instead)
    1 tbsp of fitness fiber (or psyllium husks)
    1/8 cup of quinoa flakes (or oats)
    3/8 cup of nuts and seeds (optional)

Frosting Ingredients
    1/2 cup of vanilla casein
    1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (same as above)
    3 tbsp of water

Now, the above yielded a cake that was a LOT bigger than the cake I ended up frosting. This is because, after I baked it, I decided I wanted to use the baking ring to cut out a perfect circle so, I did this and just ate the sides in situ :-) Let me describe the final product though, let's see... AAAA! It was delicious! T filling is super soft and almost creamy because of the greek yogurt + adzuki beans (you can see what I mean when you click on the naked cake picture above). And the frosting? Well, ho, ho, ho! This is BY FAR my favorite frosting because a. it's super easy b. it's super high in protein and c. it's super taaasty!!! I hope to improve with the cake nozzle so that the frosting looks nicer but yeah, fun, no? Moral of the post: buy a cake nozzle and a cooking ring!!! Super cheap and ooo, la, la, la :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Macros per 1/4 of the cake + frosting ~ 207kcals, 26g protein, 17g carbos (3.4g sugars), 3.5g fat (0.5g sat) and 4.5g fiber!
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X