Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Titus opinion on the guru's

from this years interview:

What’s your opinion in regard to these so-called “Guru’s” in the bodybuilding and fitness industry? Have you ever used a “Guru” during you career?
    The first thing I’d like to point out is that I’m certainly guilty myself of using several different “gurus” over the years, trying to better my physique but more importantly attempting to find some sense of consistency in my contest conditioning. My experiences using different coaches, nutritionists and self proclaimed contest preparation gurus have been both good and bed as well as borderline worst case scenario. I’m fairly certain that must athletes would agree that it’s always best to find what works for you though trial and error over the years. Certainly don’t see any problems with expanding your knowledge by using a “guru” but my concern would be it they’re qualified or not.

What I find hilarious are these guys who boast themselves as “Pro Creators” or pre contest “Gurus” and have never been on a bodybuilding stage, nor have they used the same drugs they’re instructing their client to use, when you’re making a choice as hiring a “Guru” to assist you, make sure the individual meets some criteria and not just self-proclaimed. Above all, make damn well sure this “Guru” or trainer or Nutritionist truly cares about your results and has a genuine interest in your well-being. Some criteria to look for is really quiet simple…has this “Guru” completed at a high level of competition themselves? Has this “Guru” used anabolics, HGH, insulin or any or the drugs they’ll want you to use? And lastly, and I believe this to be most important, what kind of track record does this “Guru” have with other bodybuilders? Simply put, if the person you’re entertaining the idea of hiring has never competed, has never used anabolics and other performance enhancing drugs, and above all does not have an outstanding track record…then that “Guru” is not for you! With that being said, let me share some experienced with you and give you my opinion as to who knows what they’re doing by my own escapades. Now the best I’ve ever looked in my career was at the 2001 San Francisco Pro Show. Why I ever hired other’s to assist me fallowing that show I’ll never understand…to this day I still in my mind kick myself in the ass!! I truly believe without a shadow of a doubt, that if I continued to train with Chris Cormier, using our training and contest prep methods, I would’ve placed it the top five consistently at the Olympia for the duration of my career, Chris and I placed 1st and 2nd at the 2001 S.F. Pro Show as well as 1st and 5th at the Pro Ironman Several weeks before. Our Philosophy was actually very simple…we trained heavy using extreme intensity…we slowly decreased calories over a 16 week period until the skin was transparent and the muscle bellies were full…and then we changed nothing, simply coasting into the show, that’s it! No gimmicks, no special drugs to eliminate subcutaneous water, no restricting water in general, we just walked on stage. In fact, Chris was very much against hiring Dorian Yates to assist me for the Olympia I should’ve listened. I know what you’re thinking, Dorian Yates certainly meets the criteria to be a contest “Guru” Truth is, Dorian definitely competed at a high level, and he’s most definitely used inordinate amounts of steroids, but he lacked the most important criteria there is, he had no interest what soever in my well-being. Simply put, his only concern was the $5,000.00 I paid him for his services. Fallowing the 2001 Olympia I spent the next 48 hours in the hospital hooked up to I.V. bags as a result of server dehydration. In fact, I almost passed out on stage during my posing routines, feeling absolutely terrible and knowing I’ve just made the biggest mistake of my career. Yates had me using Dorian Yates approves protein powder during my contest diet…he never used it during his rein as Mr. Olympia, it didn’t exist!! He never came to my hotel room prior to the contest to check on my conditioning, totally offensive. And lastly, when it was time to eat, to consume more calories to fill out starving muscle he had me take more Demadex, one of the most powerful diuretics made, almost killing me as a result. Make sure you’re working with someone who truly cares about your results! I’ve also worked with Hany Rambod, the “maybe the Pro Creator now but my experience with ole Rambod left a really bad taste in my mouth. Hany had me consuming apple pie filling and oatmeal in huge amounts while injecting insulin resulting in a watery physique and placing eighth. Now it certainly could’ve been my structure keeping me out of the top five, but structure doesn’t constitute being bloated and watery, sugar and insulin does! To make matters worse, insult to injury, Hany was nowhere to be found back stage. He was jumping from Pro to Pro looking like a puppy staved for attention instead of working with me. Now he’s the “Pro Creator” taking credit for genetic freaks who could diet on cupcakes and ice-cream and still place in the Olympia. Chad Nichols, although he hasn’t competed on an IFBB was an excellent “Guru” to work with! I worked with Chad for the Arnold Classic placing 6th while beating other Pro’s who placed higher then me earlier in the year. What made his abilities and knowledge even more impressive is that my contest prep was done over the phone and using photos for visuals. Milos Sarchev is a chemical genius, plain simple. His field of expertise is in the use of anabolics, HGH, plasma expanders and insulin. I worked with Milo’s for an offseason program to maximize the muscle gains in between contests. Using his insulin and anabolic program, I gained 9 pounds of muscle in 7 months. His program was extremely detailed and he certainly took genuine interest in my results. During my years training with Chris Cormier, who coincidentally is the best training partner I’ve ever had, we sometimes used Charles Glass to push us through some grueling work-outs. If you’re looking to maximize results with your training methods, then Charles Glass is the guy!! His knowledge in the field of weight training as well motivational skills are second to no one!! Charles Glass’s track record speaks for itself, period. George Facah is someone I’ve never worked with, however I have competed with George in several IFBB contest. Farah was always in shape, always processed the most excellent conditioning in every show he’s competed in, proving he absolutely knows what he is doing with the knowledge to be consistent. And most importantly, from what I’ve been told by several of his clients, he honestly takes great pride in his work and truly cares about his clients’ well-being. As Far as nutritionist are concerns Keith Klein in, Houston, TX has the skills! I worked with Keith for many years during my NPC days from 1988-1996. In fact it was Keith’s diet and nutrition schedule I used to win the 96 USA Championships, taking the over-all title. Looking back at my career, the biggest mistake I ever mistake I ever made was moving out of Houston, TX, Literally leaving every aspect of my training that worked for me. Let me close by saying, no I’m not at all against using a “Guru’ to assist you in your bodybuilding aspirations, I would just make damn sure that person meets the general criteria I’ve point out.

I knew he was in jail, but I guess he's still there!

In December 2005, Titus and his wife Kelly Ryan were implicated in the death of Melissa James, their personal assistant, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Titus admitted to an affair with James. After fleeing cross-country, the couple were arrested in Stoughton, Massachusetts. The FBI claimed intelligence that Titus and Ryan might have been trying to head to Greece; Titus is of Greek descent, and Greece has no extradition treaty with the United States. In February 2006, after being extradited to Nevada from Boston, Titus and Ryan were denied bail. On March 29, both pleaded not guilty to a felony charge for killing their live-in assistant. The charge carries the possibility of the death penalty, although prosecutors said they have not decided whether to seek it. Anthony Gross, also charged as an accomplice in the crime, pled guilty in February 2009 and received probation.

Despite previous statements asserting their innocence, both Titus and Ryan pled guilty to various charges on May 30, 2008, just days before their murder trial was set to begin in Las Vegas. On August 22, 2008, Titus was convicted of second degree murder, kidnapping and arson. He was sentenced to 21 to 55 years in prison. With time served from the date of capture, Craig Titus is eligible for parole release on December 23, 2026.
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Working...
    X