Bench record holder Ryan Kennelly busted for steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench record holder Ryan Kennelly busted for steroids

this is really sad news. i've always liked kennelly. be safe everyone....
    =============================================

KENNEWICK ? A powerlifter who set a benchpressing world record in Kennewick now faces criminal charges for delivering steroids.

Police seized at least 84 vials of steroids and seven packets of steroid chemicals that allegedly belonged to Ryan Shawn Kennelly. The discovery was made after federal postal inspectors tracked a shipment of steroids to a Kennewick apartment connected to him.

Kennelly, 36, pleaded innocent in Benton County Superior Court to possession with intent to manufacture or deliver anabolic steroids. His trial is Feb. 14.

When he was arrested Dec. 17, the Moses Lake man who calls himself "The Bench Monster" had similar charges in Grant County involving marijuana and steroids, according to authorities.

Kennelly had been in the Benton County jail on $100,000 bail until Wednesday, when Judge Vic VanderSchoor lowered the amount to $25,000. Kennelly posted bail and was released later that day.

On his conditions of release form filled out during his court appearance, Kennelly listed a Kennewick post office box instead of giving an actual street address. He did not give the court a telephone number.

His court-appointed attorney, Kevin Holt, was not in this week and couldn't be reached.

Kennelly is a 1992 graduate of Kamiakin High School in Kennewick. He has been lifting for 16 years and on Nov. 8, 2008, set a World Powerlifting Organization world record for pressing 1,075 pounds during the Pride Powerlifting Strength Wars competition at a Kennewick gym.

News about Kennelly's drug arrests is making the rounds in the powerlifting world. It's reported on his Wikipedia page and several blogs, as well as the eBodyBuilding.info website, which also features photos and videos of him.

In an interview with the Tri-City Herald in December 2009, Kennelly said he has made a living out of redefining the sport of bench pressing. He said he has written a book and has videos on the subject.

"No one in the world can do what I do," he said at the time. "I've studied the art form and made it easier."

He said that includes using more than just the chest to move an impressive amount of weight, incorporating the shoulders, triceps, biceps, back and legs into a lift.

The Herald then reported that Kennelly's feats have made him a substantial amount of money in the sport of powerlifting, with sponsors, endorsements and a couple of long-term deals -- mostly overseas.

His MySpace page, which shows his last login on Dec. 3, says his income is "$250,000 and higher."

"I don't want to do anything else," Kennelly told the Herald last year. "I started fishing again and I enjoy that, but I don't drink and I don't party. I have a small circle of friends with no surprises. I'm No. 1 in the world because I didn't go down that path."

Grant County Detective Dean Hallatt with the Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team said the task force started its investigation into Kennelly earlier this year.

Kennelly was arrested at his Moses Lake home Oct. 6 and charged the next day in Grant County Superior Court with manufacturing marijuana and possession with intent to deliver both marijuana and anabolic steroids, according to authorities and court records.

Then Dec. 17, the Grant County task force served a search warrant at the Kennewick apartment. Members were assisted by the Tri-City Metro Drug Task Force, Kennewick's Criminal Apprehension Team and inspectors with the U.S. Postal Service, Hallatt said.

"We are still currently in an ongoing investigation with Mr. Kennelly. It originated in Grant County prior, and then it transferred over to Benton County," he said. "But as for a lot of the details, respectfully we are still in an investigation so I would hate to compromise it."

Kennewick police Sgt. Ken Lattin also couldn't release any details on his department's involvement because the Kennewick detective still has it marked as an open investigation.

According to Benton County court documents, postal inspectors intercepted a package of steroids and placed an alarm system inside the box. The warrant served two weeks ago was for the package, which allegedly was found inside the apartment along with the postal service's alarm device and the shipment of steroids. The warrant also covered any other steroids and products used to make the drug.

Officers found the vials and packets of chemicals, along with a safe. Kennelly had the key to the safe, court documents said. Inside, detectives found more suspected drugs, $20,000 in cash and another $80,000 in gold coins, documents said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/1...werlifter.html#
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

WOW THE BIG DOWN FALL OF ORDERING ABROAD. sOME OF YOU BEEN ASKING WHATHAPPENS IF THEY SNAGGED MY PACKAGE. READ ARTICLES LIKE THIS AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN.

Comment

This is another reason to remain unknown. It seems as if as soon as someone becomes the Man in this sport they become a target for DEA. Everybody knows how guys get this large its no secret. So its almost like the DEA and other Law Enforcement groups enjoy the limelite a little themselves by targeting the well known for these types of stings. The stories don't carry as much front page weight when the guy getting arrested is a nobody for no where ville

Comment

i've heard talk that he might have been running his own UGL.
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
          this is really sad news. i've always liked kennelly. be safe everyone....
          =============================================

KENNEWICK — A powerlifter who set a benchpressing world record in Kennewick now faces criminal charges for delivering steroids.

Police seized at least 84 vials of steroids and seven packets of steroid chemicals that allegedly belonged to Ryan Shawn Kennelly. The discovery was made after federal postal inspectors tracked a shipment of steroids to a Kennewick apartment connected to him.

Kennelly, 36, pleaded innocent in Benton County Superior Court to possession with intent to manufacture or deliver anabolic steroids. His trial is Feb. 14.

When he was arrested Dec. 17, the Moses Lake man who calls himself "The Bench Monster" had similar charges in Grant County involving marijuana and steroids, according to authorities.

Kennelly had been in the Benton County jail on $100,000 bail until Wednesday, when Judge Vic VanderSchoor lowered the amount to $25,000. Kennelly posted bail and was released later that day.

On his conditions of release form filled out during his court appearance, Kennelly listed a Kennewick post office box instead of giving an actual street address. He did not give the court a telephone number.

His court-appointed attorney, Kevin Holt, was not in this week and couldn't be reached.

Kennelly is a 1992 graduate of Kamiakin High School in Kennewick. He has been lifting for 16 years and on Nov. 8, 2008, set a World Powerlifting Organization world record for pressing 1,075 pounds during the Pride Powerlifting Strength Wars competition at a Kennewick gym.

News about Kennelly's drug arrests is making the rounds in the powerlifting world. It's reported on his Wikipedia page and several blogs, as well as the eBodyBuilding.info website, which also features photos and videos of him.

In an interview with the Tri-City Herald in December 2009, Kennelly said he has made a living out of redefining the sport of bench pressing. He said he has written a book and has videos on the subject.

"No one in the world can do what I do," he said at the time. "I've studied the art form and made it easier."

He said that includes using more than just the chest to move an impressive amount of weight, incorporating the shoulders, triceps, biceps, back and legs into a lift.

The Herald then reported that Kennelly's feats have made him a substantial amount of money in the sport of powerlifting, with sponsors, endorsements and a couple of long-term deals -- mostly overseas.

His MySpace page, which shows his last login on Dec. 3, says his income is "$250,000 and higher."

"I don't want to do anything else," Kennelly told the Herald last year. "I started fishing again and I enjoy that, but I don't drink and I don't party. I have a small circle of friends with no surprises. I'm No. 1 in the world because I didn't go down that path."

Grant County Detective Dean Hallatt with the Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team said the task force started its investigation into Kennelly earlier this year.

Kennelly was arrested at his Moses Lake home Oct. 6 and charged the next day in Grant County Superior Court with manufacturing marijuana and possession with intent to deliver both marijuana and anabolic steroids, according to authorities and court records.

Then Dec. 17, the Grant County task force served a search warrant at the Kennewick apartment. Members were assisted by the Tri-City Metro Drug Task Force, Kennewick's Criminal Apprehension Team and inspectors with the U.S. Postal Service, Hallatt said.

"We are still currently in an ongoing investigation with Mr. Kennelly. It originated in Grant County prior, and then it transferred over to Benton County," he said. "But as for a lot of the details, respectfully we are still in an investigation so I would hate to compromise it."

Kennewick police Sgt. Ken Lattin also couldn't release any details on his department's involvement because the Kennewick detective still has it marked as an open investigation.

According to Benton County court documents, postal inspectors intercepted a package of steroids and placed an alarm system inside the box. The warrant served two weeks ago was for the package, which allegedly was found inside the apartment along with the postal service's alarm device and the shipment of steroids. The warrant also covered any other steroids and products used to make the drug.

Officers found the vials and packets of chemicals, along with a safe. Kennelly had the key to the safe, court documents said. Inside, detectives found more suspected drugs, $20,000 in cash and another $80,000 in gold coins, documents said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/1...werlifter.html#
          Man! That is sad! And scary! Never know what will happen. Best of luck to him.
          Love working out at the gym, getting big and cutting body fat! Hard work pays off, but I'll get there even harder!

Comment

Really makes you wonder if they can open our packages and place random "Alarms" in them wheres our fucking privacy anymore? damn. kinda makes you paranoid about ordering from online. The gear is much safer, G_, S__ROX_ etc. but there are even more risks.

Comment

nexia dons ñêà÷àòü èíñòð

ëèàç 5256 ðóêîâîäñ&# 242;âî ïî ðåìîíòó ñêà÷àòü

Comment

Saw this in the news, crazy. I was surprised to see he got popped via the mail, I also heard he had the UGL thing going on. Was secondhand info so who the eff knows. Since I saw the article I have been wondering what these "alarms" are though. I'm thinking any boxes I get in the mail Ill empty them out and dispose of them offsite.

Too bad though, wonder how long he will be away
                lorax
                Last edited by lorax; 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I can give you some insight into this. The main things that will get you at the top of an investigation is quantity ordered, frequency of orders or a snitch that got busted and ratted him out.
                  The DEA typically will not get involved unless it is a significant amount being shipped. Now for US postal services, I have no clue. I do know UPS will not open a package unless they have gotten a tip that it is possibly narcotics. If it is,then they will turn it over to local or state drug enforcement agencies. Depending where and how busy they are will determine if they act upon it. If it appears it is a quantity for personal use they will probably do nothing. If it is a quantity that would appear to be for resale they will do one of the following. They will try and deliver themselves with a undercover officer posing as a ups driver. They will try and get you to sign for the package. They will have an anticipatory search warrant ready contingent on if the delivery is made. If you accept the package, your door will be taken off the hinges within minutes. The other method will be the hidden tracker in the package. If the package is left on your doorstep, look at the package and see if it looks like it's been fucked with. Also look around. Guarantee there will be a surveillance unit watching you. Surveillance units could be anything but the dead giveaway is almost all surveillance vehicles windows are tinted out black.
                  I can keep going if you want but thats the gist of it.
                  MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

On a different note, it kinda cracks me the fuck up that the DEA can't even come close to slowing down the illegal trade of heroin, cocaine and marijuana flowing across our borders that affect a large sum of the populace yet I read these articles of how they aggressively pursue and federally indict users....not sellers!!!! User of steroids. Oh yea btw, steroids affect .5% of the US population. So why? You know why?? Because some fuck sitting at a desk decides it's a degradation of moral character that all these athletes are using them so it must be an epidemic. It is sickening on how athletes ( not bodybuilders ) determine what laws are going to affect the rest of us. It pisses me off because if you really look at the benefits of what HGH can do for regular people who don't want to spend the last ten years of their life in a convalescent home then they have to become a frickin criminal. All us now are deemed criminals because we elect to put something that main stream has declared illegal and pass laws that only pertain to .5% of the population that are doing it to themselves. Then justify it by saying "it's for the kids" like we are a bunch of heathens pushing the gear on every 16 year old we meet. If they had half a fuckin clue or even read some of the posts on here on how every older experienced member tries to talk every person under 25 out of using gear. Yet we are the scofflaws.
                    I can't stand the fact we have mindless pogues that make decisions for everybody else based on "their" moral fibre. It's as bad as the 100 pound soccer mom driving the 12000 pound suburban to haul their 1 kid around, and their justification? Oh I bought it for my kids safety. Ok I don't know where the fuck I'm going with this now other than ranting like a beatch.........sorry.
                    MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

@Nephilim No bro youve got it right. we can only hope someday we get to see true justice done. anytime someone says "ARE YOU ON STEROIDS?!" to me i wanna shoot them. Im Natural! yet to juice and yet people are so f**king stupid no one even knows what to look for in users. Even then! the only cases of problems with juice you see in the news are people who A) HAD BAD GEAR!!!! AND GOT AN INFECTION! or B) Took coke and other hard drugs that fucked with their mind and they claim "Roid-Rage" Stupid people ruin it for everyone.

Comment

i only order what i need when i need it. publicity + mass order = trouble

Comment

LE needs to spend more time figuring out how to slow down the pain killer trade an 18 yr old has a accident and gets a MRI then goes to a doctor and the doc says what do u need.I have had more friends on oxys and OD then where on my college football team. Its a shame people who are trying to improve themselves has to worry about the po-dicks kicking down there door for a box of supplements !!

Comment

This was his second bust in a short time... I believe he was actually out awaiting trial for the first one when he was snitched on for his "grow"... Isnt going to look good in court... Dude is an animal and supposedly always a real friendly guy (most stoners are!lol) best of luck to him...
                            Navy SEALs Workout
                            Weight Loss Diet Plan For Women

Comment

Originally posted by FatterMike View Post
                              This was his second bust in a short time... I believe he was actually out awaiting trial for the first one when he was snitched on for his "grow"... Isnt going to look good in court... Dude is an animal and supposedly always a real friendly guy (most stoners are!lol) best of luck to him...
                              yea, i heard that on heavy muscle radio. it's not going to look good when he stands in front of the judge for the first count

Comment

Working...
                              X