Sciatic nerve trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sciatic nerve trouble?

Anyone ever have an issue with a sciatic, and is there anything one can do to remedy it?

I'm guessing thats what it is. I can have pain up my ass, and down my leg. Being seated seems to aggravate it the most.

Originally posted by stallion View Post
    Anyone ever have an issue with a sciatic, and is there anything one can do to remedy it?

I'm guessing thats what it is. I can have pain up my ass, and down my leg. Being seated seems to aggravate it the most.
    I have not had personal issues with this but have heard that it sucks big time. Go see a Dr. I am currently having problems with my right wrist. Can't do dips, close grip bench presses, or heavy dumbbell presses. My wrist hurts like a mug. Not trying to hi jack your thread brother. Hope you figure things out.
    Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

I have a herniated L5-S1 and yes it will run from my right side ass cheek down my leg and hurt like a mother if I lift push or pull the wrong way. I have had times
      in my D-Ring boots that if I step the wrong way I'm done for the day and have to lay out. Something else I just thought of. Pin placement in the gluts if not done
      correctly will set off the nerve. Best to make shore you know where to pin before you throw that dart and land your self in a big pain in the ass.
      Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpa View Post
        I have not had personal issues with this but have heard that it sucks big time. Go see a Dr. I am currently having problems with my right wrist. Can't do dips, close grip bench presses, or heavy dumbbell presses. My wrist hurts like a mug. Not trying to hi jack your thread brother. Hope you figure things out.
        Not Hi-Jacking either BUT I have a nerve issue in the right shoulder that will go all the way down my arm and numb my thumb.. Your not alone.

Comment

sciatic nerve damage can lead to problems down the road, as in permanent issues...go get it checked....i had got a bad shot from the doctors office, the oil was putting pressure on it and i could barely move..luckily once the medicine dissipated i was fine
          Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

I had a similar issue. It got to a point to where the cortisone site shots on the l5-s1 were only lasting a few months. I ended up taking lots of muscle relaxers and hydrocodone to ease the pain. The doc said the disc was in-pinging on the S1 so much that I could cause permanent damage if I didn't get it taken care of.

I finally got the L5-S1 discectomy 2 years ago. It was a br00tal recovery. I still have some pains here and there, but it doesn't last weeks like it use to.

I have a friend that is a doc... Not a bro-science doc either. He says to pass the time before surgery is to try spinal decompression. Tons of stretches tons of yoga, etc... Way safer than constant cortisone. I think there is a limit on those shots you can have as well..

Im not a doc, but if it is really bulging and touching a nerve, it wont repair itself. Its a matter of time before the knife is needed.

I just got another MRI done a few weeks ago. I got news that the l4 and the facet has issues as well. Its just a matter of time... BOOOO..

Sorry man, I feel for you!
            sigpic
            NapsGear.Net - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Thought I would update this. I feel like a jackass! the sciatic pain seemed to be increasing and I was about ready to break down and see a doc. One night I kept my gym shoes on after I left the gym. I basically had only worn them in the gym. the next morning the sciatic felt a bit better. I thought no fuckin way, so I kept wearing them. IT WAS THE FUCKIN' SHOES! I guess I had been wearing my old ones quite a while and they must have broken down to a point that was causing me to walk or stand improperly. After 3 days, the pain was gone. Quite a relief but still stupid at the same time.

Comment

Stallion thats better news that I like to hear. I have the herniated L5-S1 and the wife had hers fused.. Ill pass on that. I live with the pain and
                careful about my lifts. All in all good to hear you in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                X