Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many protein shakes aday

I was just wondering how many protein shakes are you guys doing a day
    I know people have different goals of the amount of protein they must cosume aday
    And i know it is best to get it from food So not a rookie question. I have been taking in 2 aday but thinking of upping it to 3 aday
    Anybody taking in 3 aday

Big L I'm on the Conservative side. The body is only going to take so much of a shake. Your right. We need to have protein digested from fish chicken
    and beef. So I only do 2 shakes in one day. I have a buddy that was told by his urologist that its also a problem when it comes to kidney
    stones. Now I don't know how true that is. Besides we average 1 to 2 gallons of water a day so I think we are well flushed.
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

I normally do 2 a day, one for my first meal before I leave for work and one after my training session, but if I get home late and don't have time to cook, I'll do a Casein protein shake before bed.
      The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
      Chat Box Talk And Rules
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
      No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

4 for me. One scoop whey w/ 1 scoop gainer for a mid-morning snack accompanied by an apple. One scoop whey, one scoop gainer for a mid afternoon snack, accompanied by either brown rice cakes or berries. One scoop isolate post workout. One concentrate casein before bed. I eat turkey for breakfast, beef for lunch, and alternate chicken / salmon for dinner every day; so I'm still getting a lot of solids (plus 3 eggs before bed some times).

Comment

Also, I feel if you get a good blended protein that has isolate, concentrate, egg, and casein in it, it digests over a varied time frame, so you don't waste much, and you have protein to metabolize for a few hours.

Comment

Im with u bigL. 2 a day at most. Always a shake with 50g whey immediately after every workout with a can of pears (no sugar added of course)for some simple carbs. Then about an hour later a whole meal with another 50g pro and some kind of carbs depending on the time of day. Then about an hour before i lay down in bed and an hour after dinner im drinking a casein shake with 25g protein. I only drink the casein on days i work out. Each meal i eat contains at least 50g protein and i eat 6-8 (including shakes) times a day depending on what im trying to achieve. Hope i answered what u were looking for. I know i went into a little more detail than u prob wanted but i was trying to explain that i do everything with a purpose
            "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

i am into 2 shakes/day one post work out and one pre sleep...about 3rd shake etc i will use it if need like i cant eat into the time i have to and iuse a shake to keep me on for about a hour :P
              sigpic

Comment

first shake after breakfast,second after training thats all for me

Comment

Zero shakes. Whole food. I know that it is not normal, but I love food. What can I say? I actually started my last cycle with a lot of shakes to keep my levels high but after a lot of consideration, I just decided to eat. My last cycle I gained 39lbs and kept 22 of solid muscle after PCT. Cycle was test e @ 600 and NPP @ 400mg EW for 20 weeks. My cal intake was 4500-5000 a day. did not take a shake after week 6. I worked and ate my ass off for those results. To me, IMO, shakes are...unnecessary. Eat like an animal- become an animal.
                  "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

NapsGear.Org - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

I know the best way is to take protein from food.But whey protein has very good biological value,and you can't intake enough from food.IMO
                    Originally posted by Nature101 View Post
                    Zero shakes. Whole food. I know that it is not normal, but I love food. What can I say? I actually started my last cycle with a lot of shakes to keep my levels high but after a lot of consideration, I just decided to eat. My last cycle I gained 39lbs and kept 22 of solid muscle after PCT. Cycle was test e @ 600 and NPP @ 400mg EW for 20 weeks. My cal intake was 4500-5000 a day. did not take a shake after week 6. I worked and ate my ass off for those results. To me, IMO, shakes are...unnecessary. Eat like an animal- become an animal.

Comment

1 if at all..i only take them when i cant eat a meal...the less i take the less bloat i feel....and the shake immediately after a workout is bullshit..you have 24-48 hours to intake protein after intense workouts..the immediate bullshit was started by supplement companies to sell more protein powder...there are plenty of recipes to make your own shakes with whole food, you will actually know what you are getting. you barely digest a normal protein shake unless you add something to thicken it up and slow its movement through your intestines like oats, yogurt, fruit or eggs.
                      Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Working...
                      X