Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking after your joints!

Hey guys,

Well smashed another good back workout yesterday , however changed up a exercise and done a heap of pull ups instead of lat pull downs, on the first pull I noticed pain in my shoulders / elbow , as of last night my left arm is killing me, the inside of the elbow/bend on the inside of the arm,

My question is do you take any supps for joint care? I had done a bit of research a few months back and found "animal flex" was ment to be pretty good at healing up the aches and pains,

Do you find on cycle you fell it less?

Originally posted by Brockynz View Post
    I noticed pain in my shoulders / elbow , as of last night my left arm is killing me, the inside of the elbow/bend on the inside of the arm,
    (that's golfers elbow - same as tennis elbow just other side of elbow joint.)

what I have found that works for me is a good warm up (of elbow joint+ shoulder) and I wear nylon compression elbow sleeves.

although their another lifter @ my gym who swears by CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS ?
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I've noticed much less pain in my joints after warming elbows and shoulders up amd then doing a few warm up sets also
      One decision determines your legacy

Comment

ODB - I have a compression shirt i may start wearing again, see if this helps and will also look into this supp you speak off,

Bigs251 - i allways do a good warm up of shoulders after pulling all my tendons in left shoulder after going to heavy on a incline, (whoops) how do you guys warm your elbows up? just up and down movements ? wouldnt mind coming up with a decent pre warm up - stretch routine, apart from the basics i do now,

Comment

Deca durabolin haha no I just take fish oils
          Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

lol I know deca will fix her up, knowing my luck tho once I came off it my joints would blow apart ha

Comment

I warm them up on rope extension a few sets of high reps to get some blood in there
              One decision determines your legacy

Comment

Originally posted by Brockynz View Post
                , (whoops) how do you guys warm your elbows up? just up and down movements ? wouldnt mind coming up with a decent pre warm up - stretch routine, apart from the basics i do now,
                here is my warmup routine; (keep in mind I am an Old Fuck).
                I use the seated elliptical for 2-5mins, then I grab a couple 5lb Db's + I do 10reps of lateral raises, front raises, DBpress, 1or 2 sets rotator cuff strethches = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhAPCPAskJU, overhead tri ext and kickbacks and or rope pushdowns.
                I also then do warmup sets specific to the muscle group I am working out that day.

If I still feel my elbow or tricep ligament tight or pain I will do close grip(fingers facing/touching - like middle finger to middle finger tip to tip) push ups standing against the wall - stretch.

*Initially though when I first got the injury I had to take 1wk off then drop my weights by 50% + slowly build back up over the next month or 2.
                ODB
                Last edited by ODB; 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM.
                "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Glucosamine 1500 mg,chondroitin 1200mg works for me

Comment

Super cissus has worked good for me

Comment

Working...
                    X