Question about possible abcess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about possible abcess

Okay guys been pinning shoulders for awhile. Just lately my shoulders have been getting alot of compliments and some people saying they look gross. And i do notice they look/feel alittle puffy So today i pinned my right shoulder alittle tuff sliding pin then injected slowly no pain. Removed pin slowly to find not only dark red blood but also brownish kinda like puss
    The 2 fluids came out the same pin hole but they didnt mix well togeather. It was like oil and vinagar with the blood on top Im wondering if it could be an abcess theres no pain and no reddness

Like this is a test question or you for real... OK I'm going to address this as if it for real.
    Heat, Swelling, Redness, and Pain to the touch. Tissue begins to turn to liquid. The colors that you have described
    are alarming. Not something you want to play with. Treatment might require STRONG antibiotics.

I'm no doctor but paid attention when my wife went to nursing school... Hope this helps.

Watch your temperature also...
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

its possibly an abscess. its possibly a hematoma. whatever the case, you need to give the delts a nice long break. what is your injection schedule? ED or EOD? how often are you hitting the delts each wk? you need to use some different sites, thats for sure. if its a hematoma, the dark red blood, is dead blood collected in the area. i've over used sites in the past and actually seen undispersed oil that has change to a whiteish color liquid. it got sucked back into the pin when i aspirated. it did not mix with blood. not sure about a brownish liquid but it doesnt sound good. how long have you felt the pain, swelling and seen redness?
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

There actually is no pain or redness my pimning schedule every three days i inject 1 shoulder and 1 glute wait
        I havent had a fever And i skiped my right shoulder for a week and there was no other liquid dripping out but some oil from the juice
        I must admit i am alittle nervous which doesnt not happen often
        I didnt notice and blood or puss when i aspirated Never thought of hematoma. But the best way to explain the delts escpcially the right one is if you picture maybe like i injected it with synthrol but never did
        Do you think there is something i could do for it and maybe wait a week then if doesnt get any better i will go to the doctors

Comment

if its been like this for more than 3 days with no improvement, i would consider running a good antibiotic. and i wouldnt use that site for at least a couple of months. if i were you, i would open up new sites, asap. it may only be a matter of time before the other delt has the same issue. they are small muscles and can only handle so much. not sure how much you're putting in but i would suggest never going beyond 1.5cc in a delt
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

What about a test draw in the area. See if you can get a better look at what your dealing with.

Comment

Whats. A test draw

Comment

Take a pin and just like you were aspirating. See if there is more in area or did you just hit a freak area from a past injection.
                If you have no pain. No fever. No redness in the area and its not sensitive. Maybe it was just a puss pocket on top and
                you lucked up and hit it. I'm in hopes that its nothing more then just a freak incident .

Comment

I will try to build up the courage to stick the empty pin in.
                  Cant lie definetly nervous

Comment

Brother I would want to know what the fuck was going on. Working EMS I have seen some shit that would make you
                    throw your nuts up.. The body can put up with a lot but if you got some thing going on it would be best to get
                    on it now. Some years back I had a bud ask me to lance a boil on his back. Like the kind you seen on youtube.
                    The cheese that I pushed out was unreal. Was not fun when it literally exploded in my face and stunk
                    like hell. The color that you discribed is what I pushed out. The bonus out of this is you found it. Best to get on top of it.

Comment

What other areas do you pin?
                      One decision determines your legacy

Comment

i'd be hesitant to stick another pin in the area. if it is an abscess, and you rupture it, it could poison your blood and you would get very sick, fast. if you can get ahold of an antibiotic, i would start it right away. something on the stronger side. i used bactrum a couple times, when i was afraid i had gotten an abscess, which was strong but took awhile to work compared to others.

cant think of others that work well for this sort of thing, off hand. i used to remember a few that worked well. anyone?

Comment

I think it'll be best to pay the doc a visit just to be sure.

little offtopic: to the guys that pin very often (ed or eod) - how often is the borderline for pinning a muscle? I go by the rule of no more than once a week, but I got a little scarred tissue on my 2nd cycle from just pinning glutes 2 times a week (rotating), so I started hitting quads as well. I don't know how you guys do it with ed or eod shots..

Comment

Working...
                          X