How much sleep is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much sleep is good?

I work 60hr a week, 7 days a week. with 8 consistent meals as designed by Sam. I squeez 4-5 workout days with cardio in between. So i would like to ask a question that i can't seem to answer myself. How much sleep should i be getting everyday for minimum recovery?
    Answer that i came out with is 6-7 hours

Everyone's opinion and feedback will be greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers

Any Doctor will say 8 hours. My sleeping sucks big time.4 maybe 5 hours a day!!! But have been dealing with this long before this first cycle. So I work a lot too. I work 12 hour shifts 4-5 days a week. Night shift from 7:30 pm to 7:30 am. Been doing this for 4 years. My body just can't get use to sleeping during the day period! I caught the Flu this past winter and went to the Doctor. Discussed my sleeping with him while I was there. He flat out told me that I am not getting enough sleep. Especially since I workout the way I do. He tried then and again since to give me sleeping meds. I refused both times but may go back and take him up on it. Not sure if this will help but wanted to give my experience.
    Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

As bigpa said, doctors recommend 8 hours. The truth is often another, you have to take in how you live your life, training and so on. And then there's this tought do you want to function or be at your best? With the life you live, I would recommend more sleep. Personally I sleep 4-5 hours, this makes me function, I would like, and need, 8-10 hours to be at my best. But with work, family, training, the farm and so on, this is what I get right now. If you feel week, tired and so on and you can, try sleeping more, if you can't, try sleeping better
      Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

Ya know its the same here. If I get 6 hours with out waking I'm lucky. At my best I might get 6 1/2 hours and this all started after I started
        HRT. I do have help from a sleep aid and found that I'm up 3 to 4 times a night with out it. Timing is the key as to when I take it so I can get the full
        6 1/2 hours. I have this internal clock now that wakes me most of the time at around 5 am.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys, for my last meal i am taking on scoop of proteing with natty peanut butter. So i just bought casin protein that has a dose of maletonin in it. Gonna aim for 6 hours of sleep and hopefully with melatonin it might help increase sleep quality. Will let you guys know how that goes.
          Cheers

Comment

I've been struggling with the same question bro. I honestly think that working out as hard as we do definitely requires at least 6. I don't think anything less than that will really let our bodies recover fully.

Comment

i agree!! i'd love an 8hr sleep but it is what it is. Only day i get 8 hr sleep is saturday night. So just gonna have to make that work but i am really looking forward to this protein by RIVALUS its calles Last Meal. I will post after a week or two if i think it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by man-united View Post
                i agree!! i'd love an 8hr sleep but it is what it is. Only day i get 8 hr sleep is saturday night. So just gonna have to make that work but i am really looking forward to this protein by RIVALUS its calles Last Meal. I will post after a week or two if i think it helps.
                I dont know If I like the name just yet... Kinda like the last supper. LOL! Let us know how it works.

Comment

lol i know name might be a little off. But i have been taking it consistently for a week and i love it!!! i still get the same i get but during the day i don't feel like i am going thru lack of sleep and i am def getting more deep sleep. After 45min i knock out. If you guys are going thru the same issue that i am def. i'd say its def worth a shot. Plus since they have no shippin no tax it cost the same (at least for me) like any other protein would cost.

Comment

Cool Beans Bro.. Thats good to hear. I need to get something for better sleep.

Comment

It will def help. Protein is legit as well, light and taste is good.

Comment

Read an interesting article in IGF and HGH section. Ordered GABA today, gonna start off with 500mg with the protein from Rivalus. Happy with protein alone but if anything can help bring more deep sleep, i am all about it!! Will keep you guys updated as to how it goes.

Comment

Sounds good. Where did you say you got the protein from?
                          Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

http://www.rivalus.net/products/last-meal

Comment

i have been a shift worker for the past 5 years, sleeping during the day totally sucks, however a few months back i tried Dorian yates GH blast (sleep formula) was abit hesitant about coughing up the $ for it, but god dam... had the best sleep i'v had in a long time, finished the tub a month or so ago, but have noticed my sleeping has gone back to crap again! supose it doesnt help my little boy jumping into bed early hours of the morning and having a broken sleep, but the GH blast really helped to put me into a deep sleep, woke up felling great, have had to take over the counter sleeping pills before and hate the groggy felling when you wake up, i know ronnie coleman has his own sleep formula aswell, just throwing it out there if anyone wants to try it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X