Training partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training partner?

So do you have a training partner or do you train solo? Why so? And what do you look for in a training partner?

I mostly train alone, I've had partners both good and bad. Why I train alone is because I work long days far from home so it's not easy too schedule a time for training, I train when I can. I like having a partner, you push each other, you always have a spotter and so on and it's nice too share the same goals.
    The upside of my gym is that it's easy to find a spotter, and we all chitchat so you always learn or hear something new, both about training and nutrition as well as supplements and gear
    Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

I usually like to train a few days a week with a partner for a little motivation but sometimes he likes to talk a little much and that pisses me off a lot. So usually I tend to train alone blaring a workout play list to get a good hard workout in
    One decision determines your legacy

Comment

I like a training partner, especially the one I have. I keep telling her that she needs to train without a shirt though, like I do lol, cause she get hot and the only way she can cool down is by taking that shirt off. The perks of having a home gym!!!!!
      The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
      Chat Box Talk And Rules
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
      No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

MrBig i see your point there haha

Comment

Having a partner is sometimes a catch 22. Its motivational but sometimes trying to schedule two different peoples workout routine is hard. This leads to missed workouts or someone being ahead of behind someone. I use to have a great workout partner, when i wasn't in school. We would lift for like two hours and probably say 15 words. LOL Other than that, we had are routines down packed. We wouldnt even have to ask each other what weight to put on the bar. I made more gains than I have ever had during that time. These days, I'm going solo, which is good anyways. But every once in a while, I miss the motivation, competition, and camaraderie of having a training partner. But every training partner, i get nowadays just piss me off or are not serious enough.

Comment

I only have a workout partner once aweek
            Im like most gave up on a training partner most are just let downs
            So i workout out alone the rest of the week. I dont have to worry about no shows or them getting there late and them leaving early
            I would love to find a workout partner like MR BIG
            I know it sounds stupid but i go to the gym to put in WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Big L View Post
              I only have a workout partner once aweek
              Im like most gave up on a training partner most are just let downs
              So i workout out alone the rest of the week. I dont have to worry about no shows or them getting there late and them leaving early
              I would love to find a workout partner like MR BIG
              I know it sounds stupid but i go to the gym to put in WORK
              I myslef could not have put it any better I mean it is nice to have a spotter and someone there to help out with negatives but time at the gym ends up longer and with less training. Like Big L said GO TO THE GYM TO WORK!!!

Comment

I agree, thats why im down in the dungeon at 4AM, before both man and animal are awake, sweating, grunting and moaning in pain, pushing pressing. This ain't no f*ckin' game, this is my life. Let's work boys!

Comment

Always workout by myself. Have for years. When I want to go real heavy I ask someone to spot me. Tried to do the partner thing but if you skip out on me more than once and come late then I am done.
                  Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

Alone, I need to psyche myself up and meditate my entir time- In fact I refuse spots when people ask me and I find them annoying. Im there for me not anyone else. In the gym one needs to focus on yourself
                    The mind is the greatest weapon

Comment

i train alone...in my earlier training days i had 2 great training partners..guys who went hard and we all motivated each other..well life happens and we got older and separated...tried numerous partners of all ages and what ever and within a month they either quit or i want to rip there face off for being a pussy...so i go it alone
                      Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Yep I also train alone, earphones are in and I'm away, weights done in bout 45-1 hour no mucking around, I find if I train with someone you lose time having a chat, changing weights each set etc.. That's me though.

Comment

i agree with Brockynz. I jst ask someone who is around me to spot for the last 3-5 reps when needed. So much better that way

Comment

When I first started lifting I had a partner for about a year. He quit working out, so I just used the routines he had taught me. After another year I'm pretty sure I became super stagnant. About three months ago I picked up a new training partner (I was a manager for a nutritional store, and he is the manager of my competing store, lol). He really switches stuff up, and keeps a fast pace, so it pushes me out of my comfort zone. We usually finish sets with burnouts and negatives, so it's nice to have someone there. Since working out with him I feel stronger than ever.

Comment

I train alone , yea with nobody else, you know when I train alone I prefer to be by myself. LOL
                              I have had partners before for me it is good for pacing (as to not get stressed doing to much to fast)
                              They say steel sharpens steel but I'm a motherf$#king ginsu.
                              Besides what works for me might not work for them and vice versa.

@Mr. Big. I would never get anything done. I have a hard time at the gym on Zumba days.

Comment

Working...
                              X