chest isolation probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chest isolation probs

I'm having a hard time isoing chest and coming out with a good pump Im 6'3" so I've got redicously long arms I've tried about everything I know of still not satisfied my plan allows me to hit em once a week so I need to just hammer em but....any input would be great

What really gets me are cable crossovers! Its all about volume!

Comment

I go to a gym where the only cable machine is a lat pulldown gotta be dumbbell or bar with bench

Comment

Closest franchise gym is 30 miles away

Comment

Guess I could do the bottom setting and sit on the floor one arm at a time...never thought of that

Comment

Whats up bro I am also 6 3 and know what this is like. As for chest what area are you trying to isolate? For center cut pec deck is pretty good but use decent weight. Also not having all the fancy equipment sometimes leaves a man to make the best with what he has. So if you have some dumbells and an adjustable bench you can improvise. Just think of the machine exercise and replicate the motion but consider applying gravity towards the range of motion of the exercise. Also always consider using heavier weights when you're looking for the faster visible change. Right now I'm battling for triceps. Good luck bro

Comment

You will probably get some ideas on this website
              Im not sure what ur workout looks like so here is my idea
              First exercise 20 lbs dumbell flies 20 reps
              25 lbs dumbell flies 20 reps
              This exercise isnt to grow lol but it is to get blood to the pecs ASAP
              In the last 3 weeks i have been doing 1 arm dumbell presses
              Layback bring both dumbells so arms are straight up which is finishing position
              Slowly bring one dumbell down then slowly press it up focus and squeeze
              Then lower the other arm and focus and squeeze it back up. After you get used to it grab
              The heavier weight 80s 90s 1 arm at a time sounds easy but its not

Comment

Great feedback as always thanks fellas well give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Scott1979 View Post
                  Its all about volume!
                  I;m 6'2" + the only thing I've found that works is Volume (+ dropsets)
                  "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Ive seen alot of body builders not even lock out there arms so i
                    Tried it not locking out keeps steady force on the pecs no matter how long ur arms are

Comment

have you tried pre-exhausting? Do an exercise you can do with the equipment you have, say dumbbell flies until muscular failure. Have your weight ready to go on your bench press, and immediately start your benching. This should get your chest to get more work in before the triceps fail.

ODB mentioned dropsets...I incorporated drop or stripsets nearly every workout. When you fail on your bench exercise, drop 10 or 15 pounds and immediately resume, until failure again. repeat the process if you have enough gas left in the tank. this should get your chest pumped.

Comment

When I want to blow it up on chest days I go with my regular sets of bench incline decline. Then I run through them again doing close grip on all three benches. 12-10-8-6 increasing weight every set. This might not be normal be it works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stallion View Post
                          have you tried pre-exhausting? Do an exercise you can do with the equipment you have, say dumbbell flies until muscular failure. Have your weight ready to go on your bench press, and immediately start your benching. This should get your chest to get more work in before the triceps fail.
                          It's funny though stallion I tried pre-exhaust, w/Flye machine -( isos pecs well) upwards of 230# then would go to my Chest workout + still would not get the same burn or pain in chest like I do for other muscles.
                          Not sure if its specific to us tall guys or just a specific bodytype?

I recently added more volume and some dropsets + bam feels great.
                          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                            It's funny though stallion I tried pre-exhaust, w/Flye machine -( isos pecs well) upwards of 230# then would go to my Chest workout + still would not get the same burn or pain in chest like I do for other muscles.
                            Not sure if its specific to us tall guys or just a specific bodytype?

I recently added more volume and some dropsets + bam feels great.
                            I bet your right that it differs between individuals. Long arms, short arms, stronger or weaker tris. I'm really lovin the dropsets myself right now. I almost feel like I'm doing too many of them, but I can't argue with the results. It's funny that I NEVER see anyone else in the gym utilize this technique. Of course, I train at Planet Fatness, so most of them are eating pizza

Comment

Speaking of ISO I need to burn some excess off of outer lower chest. I'm having a rediculously hard time doing this. HELP MY BROTHERS OF STEEL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X