full body compound workout routine HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full body compound workout routine HELP

I was reading up on Full Body Compound Workouts and I am really interested in trying one to see if it really does work as well as everyone says. Can someone that knows about these workouts let me know a routine for a 3 day workout Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Also Should I do cardio on my days off?If so how much?And Also how much cardio on my workout days?

What are you looking for? Sets, reps, exercises, etc? The cardio depends on your goals. If your dieting then do as much as you can, if not then theres no need to do too much. I would still do some cardio no matter what just for the endurance but thats just me
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

full body compounds? So.. Olympic lifts? A full routine with only Olympic lifts? That ought to hurt and since you're a beginner I don't advise it...
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/conte...pound-work-out

complete it with plenty of rest and a special "chemical aid"

Comment

I am looking to build a lot of mass while losing around 30 pounds. Idk really what kind of workout would be best. I am looking for an exercise routine.

Comment

What would you advise me to do to build mass fast?since you don't advise that kind of workout. Thanks Ronny T. For the link

Comment

Stick with the 4 staple lifts, squats, deads, bench press, and barbell shoulder press. Do these exercises first thing in your workout after a thourough warmup. Stick with heavy weights and a low rep range. Then do your "accenting" lifts after that. Pick one muscle group a day and just destroy it. Rest as much as possible on your days off and have a high protein diet
              "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

You might want to look into 3 day mass workout. One warm up set, one all out set. Hits whole body, uses compound and a few isolation moves. Pretty tough if you do it right. I think it's awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

Here is mine. Just keep in mind that you can get a million different answers but the best workout is one you tailor to yourself. Listen to your body's responses to each new exercise or piece of equipment you use. I tend to shy away from movements that cause me joint pain, however, most of the time that is eradicated with proper form.

These are my basic 4 that covers pretty much everything...legs, chest, back, and abdominals

Bench Presses emphasize the pecs, triceps, front delts, and forearms when executed with proper form.
                  Seated Cable Rows emphasize the traps, lats, the erector spine, rear delts, side delts, biceps, biceps brachialis, and forearms when executed with proper form.
                  Leg Presses emphasize the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves when executed with proper form.
                  Hanging Leg Lifts emphasize the upper, middle, lower, and oblique abdominals when executed with proper form.

I do this on monday, then on wednesday i will hit the same muscle groups but replace the exercises with 4 different ones. For example: Dumbell Chest Flys, Pull Ups, Squats, and Ab Machine. Then on friday I may do Chest Dips, Cable Pull-Downs, Dead-Lifts, and Weighted Sit-ups.

If I can complete 3 sets of 10 on each exercise without sacrificing form, I move up 5lbs. Remember, everytime you do a rep, hold it for a second and squeeze.

If you are looking to hit trouble areas...for instance, I have decent genetics except that my brother and I inherited our mother's chicken calves. So I may incorporate some extra calve exercises to build some target mass. It works ok but not the greatest when all natural. I hear AAS will help with that. Im anxious to start a cycle but am trying to raise my base to its highest potential first and to lose a little more body fat as suggested by Mr. Big. This is a really helpful forum.

The point of everything, in my opinion, is to do the least amount of work for the most amount of gain. This works for me but may not work for others. I call it the Keep It Simple Stupid routine.
                  On inbetween days I do 30min of cardio. Anything that involves your whole body and gets your heart rate above normal is good. I like walking briskly on inclined treadmill without use of rail or just taking a 30min brisk walk at the park. Don't forget to swing those arms and work up some sweat.

Also, make sure to stretch your muscles after every routine whether weight training or cardio.

At first people used to look at me funny at the gym for doing such basic stuff. When they see that I am getting results faster than they are, they begin to copy what you are doing or even ask you to show them your routine. Going to the gym is quite entertaining.

Diet...well...thats for another post...

Good luck!!!
                  ZenBuild
                  Last edited by ZenBuild; 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X