Precontest Cut Cycle Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precontest Cut Cycle Timing

I have read tons about precontest cycles, but I really have not heard much about timing. How should you run the cycle? Should you be at the tail end right before the competition, should you be in PCT during the competition? What about HCG, stay away from it precontest or is it wise to use?

If it helps, I plan on running an 8 week precontest cut cycle that includes:
    Test Prop 75mg ED
    Tren Ace 50mg ED
    Winny (looking at last 4 weeks, 40 - 50mg ED)
    Adex (0.5mg EOD, possibly ED or trading out for Aromasin or Letro if it will help cut down on potential gyno on stage)
    Bromocriptine (I need to find my spreadsheet for dosage here (I think it was 2.5mg ED), taking to counter prolactin)
    Ancillary Support (Milk thistle, vitamins, something for my damn acne (going to the derm Wednesday to see about Accutane))
    T3 (I have a 6 week up and down dosage cycle I use)
    Possibly clen if I need that boost (2 weeks on 2 off)

In addition to the questions above cycle suggestions or changes are also welcome.

Just wanted to chime in and say I love your avatar haha. I have an aperture shirt that I wear to the gym all the time!

Comment

You want to be at the tail end but still "ON" still, not in pct. everything you plan on using should be running through your veins while youre still on stage. Also, i would go with aro eod to keep as much water off as possible. I work and workout with a few guys that say hcg makes them look flat on sage, which you deff dont want that. Caber can be used at.25mg e3d to counter prolactin. Other than that, the only thing i would change is make it 12 weeks instead of 8
      "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
        Just wanted to chime in and say I love your avatar haha. I have an aperture shirt that I wear to the gym all the time!
        Haha, thanks! Is there anyone at the gym that has commented on it, or even knows what it is?

Originally posted by ALEX.18 View Post
        You want to be at the tail end but still "ON" still, not in pct. everything you plan on using should be running through your veins while youre still on stage. Also, i would go with aro eod to keep as much water off as possible. I work and workout with a few guys that say hcg makes them look flat on sage, which you deff dont want that. Caber can be used at.25mg e3d to counter prolactin. Other than that, the only thing i would change is make it 12 weeks instead of 8
        Thank you so much for all the info!

So sounds like starting on a Monday and making the Monday after the competition the last day on is the best option. I have not used aro yet, and I have ton of adex on hand. But, if it is going to work better and make me look leaner it is well worth it. After reading up on the differences between bromo and caber it seems like caber is definitely the way to go. Way less sides and worth the extra money.

I can do 12 weeks, my only concern is that this is my first time on tren, so I don't know if it is a good idea or not to go that long. Maybe 12 test and the last 8 or 10 on tren? Also, should I keep the winny at last 4 weeks or push it to 6 with the increase cycle time? I'm thinking 4 but I could be wrong.

Comment

So lets meet in the middle. Start tren and prop 10 weeks out and figure it out to where you do the last pin of tren the wednesday before the show. Run the prop till the following wednesday. Start 50mg winny at 6 weeks out no matter what length you go with, but make sure you have glucosamine/chondrointon on hand. The last thing you want during prep is not being able to train due to joint pain. You might even want to use it for the entire cycle while using aro eod. Maybe even look into getting some halo for the last 4 weeks to give you an edge and a little aggression in the gym when you start to get really depleted.
          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

No hgh or insulin

Comment

Originally posted by clouded View Post
              Haha, thanks! Is there anyone at the gym that has commented on it, or even knows what it is?
              I had someone ask me if it was were I buy my steroids once lol, that's it though

Comment

good stuff.

yea, you want to build up, adding in gear as you close in. i would probably use more than .5mgEOD adex. ED would probably be what i would go to, but it all depends on how you look
                if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                  good stuff.

yea, you want to build up, adding in gear as you close in. i would probably use more than .5mgEOD adex. ED would probably be what i would go to, but it all depends on how you look
                  Thanks sam. How bout if he used aromasin eod? He would still have to play with it like you said according to how dry he would look either way but i think aromasin would keep more bloat off than adex

Comment

Thank you so much for the help everyone!

Based on what I have read, here is what I have:

11 weeks total cycle with show in between weeks 10 and 11

New cycle:
                    Test Prop - 75mg ED or 150mg EOD - Weeks 1 - 11
                    Tren Ace - 50mg ED - Weeks 1 - 10
                    Winny - 50mg ED (25mg twice daily?) - Weeks 4.5 - 10.5
                    Halo - 10mg ED - Week 6.5, 30mg ED weeks 7.5 and 8.5, 40mg ED week 9.5
                    Aro - 12.5mg EOD (with extra on hand just in case) - Weeks 1 - 11
                    Caber - .25mg E3D - Weeks 1 - 11
                    T3 - Weeks 2.5 (or 4.5) - 10.5
                    Clen - Weeks 0 and 1, 4 and 5, 8 and 9 (working up to 120mcg ED)

Ancillary:
                    Glucosamine/Chondroitin
                    Milk thistle
                    Fish oil

Other than the obvious of train hard, eat clean, and what not... anything I am missing here?

*** Edited numbers for Halo, Clen and Aro ***
                    Last edited by clouded; 02-23-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

With the halo, start it at 10mg a day for the first week, go up to 30mg a day for the 2nd and 3rd week and up to 40mg for the final week. Cut back the aromasin to 12.5mg eod. Then if you need more you alwaus have room to up the dose. If you start at 25mg eod, you dont have any wiggle room. You shouldnt need any more than 12.5mg eod.and go ahead and run that clen bro, it will only help

Comment

With the halo, start it at 10mg a day for the first week, go up to 30mg a day for the 2nd and 3rd week and up to 40mg for the final week. Cut back the aromasin to 12.5mg eod. Then if you need more you alwaus have room to up the dose. If you start at 25mg eod, you dont have any wiggle room. You shouldnt need any more than 12.5mg eod.and go ahead and run that clen bro, it will only help
                        Awesome, thank you. I will probably run the clen weeks 0 and 1, 4 and 5, 8 and 9 (0 being a week before starting AAS). I have bad issues with muscle cramping while on clen and the last thing I would want is to get on stage and cramp up. I updated the numbers for aro and the halo as well.

Just a minor item, I don't remember if I mentioned it, I will be doing physique and not body building. Is that going to make a big difference in my cycle?

Comment

Not at all. Your training and genetics will make the difference. Youre either going to train for big, bulky muscle for bodybuilding or lean, smaller muscle for physique

Comment

Originally posted by clouded View Post

Other than the obvious of train hard, eat clean, and what not... anything I am
                            Say your prayers and take your vitamins!

Comment

Not at all. Your training and genetics will make the difference. Youre either going to train for big, bulky muscle for bodybuilding or lean, smaller muscle for physique
                              Perfect, thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X