No announcement yet.

advice for an old guy, should I bother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for an old guy, should I bother?

hey guys, I'm 42 years old, 185lbs, 5'10", 12%bf, and I'm wondering if a cycle of Anavar or Turinabol would be worthwhile. apologies for rambling, but i think the history is important.

I've been working out for a long time and have great interest in training and nutrition. I did two, well thought out cycles in my late 20's with great results. Can't recall the exact stacks, but I used sus250, deca, anadrol, dianabol and primobolan. Topped out around 230 lbs with a respectable bf%.

Mostly due to a herniated disc in my lower back (a series of epidurals made life tolerable but it is still a major weak link) I shifted my focus to "functional strength" as they say. I'm not into Cross-fit, but that's basically my style for the past 3 years and I'm actually enjoying it. I'm an avid mountain biker and snowboarder and I'm not interested in gaining a lot more muscle. 5lbs at most to stay around 185 tops. Which I know I could do with a few months of creatine, tweaking the diet and hard work.

However, due to a long history of beating up my body (football, lifting & general shenanigans) I suffer from a lot of joint aches and pains. In addition, my motivation and aggression are tailing off. I was wondering if a 6-8 week cycle of turinabol (40mg/day) OR anavar (80mg/day) might give me a boost, and allow me to lift pain free while getting moderate results. From what I read, I could expect decent strength gains without too much bulk. Which is exactly what I wanted. I would plan to take two months off, then go at it again in time for mountain biking season. I'm also trying to avoid bloat and acne.

I look back on my previous experiences with fond memories and I'm hoping to find a much milder drug that could at least give me a taste of pain free, intense training like the old days. Would also be fun to kick some ass on the bike trails again without overdosing on Aleve.

Thanks in advance guys.
    RTM
    Last edited by RTM; 01-01-2013, 02:48 AM.

Hmm, I am wondering what makes you think you will be pain free. I didn't start juice till I was 46 two years ago and it never took away any pain. As a matter of fact it gave my different aches and some bad back pains at different times during cycle. Also I don't think an oral only cycle is going to give you the results you want without test. Lets see what others say
    Pauliuch
    Last edited by Pauliuch; 01-01-2013, 03:36 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I was remembering 'back in the day' Deca was known to help with joint pain, and it seemed to help me a lot. Not sure if that was a placebo effect. I was kind of hoping one of those two orals might offer a little of that benefit. I know I can't run deca by itself, and I don't want to go down the road of running a real stack again. My life is a lot different now and gaining 20 lbs of muscle isn't desirable for my own personal situation.

So, setting aside the potential for pain relief, what do you think about T-bol for a little boost in strength & motivation?
      RTM
      Last edited by RTM; 01-01-2013, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing he's saying that if he strengthens his muscles in his weak painful areas it might help him, it definitely will but steroids aren't pain killers and you're going to stay pretty dry so it definitely will not help you.. people get better when they lubricate if I may put it that way... the ones that give water retention might help but the ones you've mentioned? Not so much... you should stay away from those roids...especially if you have joints, bones issues... if you want to cycle and want to use orals, use dbol, or drol... they will be better for you plus if you're not trying to gain a lot of mass then diet accordingly... you'll get some water weight but that will be lost after cycle and it'll be more beneficial for you to work out with cushions protecting your bones etc than without anything...
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

alot of guys use deca at a low dose for joint issues. anavar and tbol arent quite going to work the same. and no matter what, using gear like this seems like a short term plan for a longer term issue. before i thought about doing something like this, it would probably be wise to go into your dr and get some labs done. if you qualify for test replacement, you'll be able to strengthen your body up and improve your quality of life, long term. and if you then decided, you could add in small cycles of anavar or tbol like you're outlining.
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

That's interesting Sam. Thanks for the feedback. I have no aversion to needles so maybe I will try a low dose of Deca w/a low dose of anavar? Would that put me in the range of hormone boost without tipping toward big size gains and side effects (I'd rather avoid bloating and acne at all)

I know it may sound weird but I really don't want to get a lot bigger. I have about $1k worth of work clothes I can't afford to outgrow, I workout in the gym in my office building w/co-workers. at a measly 185 I'm already considered the "workout nut". I would feel like an alien at 210. AND, last but not least I participate in sports where it is a disadvantage to get any heavier.

Of course, I would love to be stronger, leaner and more aggressive in the gym! Being active gets harder every year for this old body!

I'm also OK hearing that I shouldn't waste the time and money. I am drawn to the idea of a low impact cycle but I'm not too proud to hear that my idea is dumb.

Thanks again guys. Great info and love the attitude of this board.

Comment

This is what sam is saying:
              Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
              before i thought about doing something like this, it would probably be wise to go into your dr and get some labs done. if you qualify for test replacement, you'll be able to strengthen your body up and improve your quality of life, long term. and if you then decided, you could add in small cycles of anavar or tbol like you're outlining.

I think your just waisting your money, Like sam says, go to the doc and find out if you have low test. Thats what I did myself. If your only looking for 5lbs eat more and gain that 5lbs and train of couse. Even at our age 5lbs is nothing.

One more thing, you could take 2g of test a week and if you don't eat you wont put any size on. Your muscle gains depends on how much you eat, eat big get big, eat small stay small, it's that simple.
              MrBig
              Last edited by MrBig; 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM.
              The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
              Chat Box Talk And Rules
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
              No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

thanks mr big.

yea, if you dont want to make much of a size gain, then i wouldnt really consider using gear at all. these are very powerful drugs that come with consequences. why risk issues if you arent interested in the benefits of cycling. like i said, you might just be better off getting your blood work done. see if you qualify. a main reason that it "gets harder every year" can be from low test. make sure you test levels are optimal...that of a youthful male. it sounds like thats all you want. if you cycle gear, you'll be more likely to have ups and downs. good periods and low periods. it doesnt sound like this is what you want
                if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I'd consider taking 200-300mgs of test per week with maybe an oral..
                  Tbol,epistane,ect..

He's not looking for the big size, just enough to lube the old joints.
                  Ofc this will only work if his diet is in check and he is consuming enough water and a reasonable amount of sodium.
                  bishop22
                  Last edited by bishop22; 01-02-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I agree with Pauliuch,

Because I don't think an oral only cycle is going to give you the results you want without test.

Thanks,
                    Andy

Comment

Working...
                    X