X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food

an article about todays food in the supermarkets
    http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/processed-food

This is a great article Ronny. It just makes me sick to even read about what's stuffed down our kid's throats now. All the advertising for that processed garbage is aimed at the nutritionally ignorant, a demographic that grows larger with each passing day. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that a lot of school districts across the country are removing physical education programs to save money. I hope I die before we become a nation of fat idiots. Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? Sadly, I don't think that's too far from an accurate portrayal of the future.
    Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyT View Post
      an article about todays food in the supermarkets
      http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/processed-food
      Thanks RonnyT, that was a great article.
      "it is nice to be important, but more important to be nice".

Comment

nutrition

Glad you liked it..
        Old school bodybuilders used to be much more healthconsious then present ones. Nutrition played a much more important role and most old school bodybuilders discussed raw food evn raw meat. Nowedays our food is premade, filled with sugars and salt. Obesity is almost common. Me being a father of three beautifull daughters worry about that. Also on veggie modification, and artificial fruit (juice). I’ll post about it every now and then since it has my warm interest, but i know most of our members are hard-core bodybuilders and have other things on their mind then healthy nutrition.

Artificial fruit

We discovered that the Berry Blast PowerBar (you know, the one with pictures of berries blasted across the wrapper) contained, ta-da, no berries whatsoever. Berries, and blueberries in particular, have become a superfood darling and consequently, commonly faked – there’s a pretty lengthy list of retail food items that contain words or photos suggesting that real blueberries were used in the products, when in fact, they weren’t.

The nonprofit Consumer Wellness Center reported that many "blueberries" in popular products they found were nothing more than glops of sugar, corn syrup, starch, hydrogenated oil, artificial flavors and artificial food dye blue No. 2 and red No. 40. And these are from popular manufacturers such as Kellogg's, Betty Crocker and General Mills. If you see bagels, cereals, breads, muffins, cereal, and other items that promise blueberries, closely check the ingredient list for, you got it, actual blueberries. Also to note, artificial food dye blue No. 2 and red No. 40 likely indicate “fake blueberries at work here.”
        You cannot fake blueberries or can you?

Mike Adams, an investigative journalist exposed the deceptive chemical ingredients and dishonest marketing of “blueberry” products from very well-known brands of food and cereal companies. It turns out companies are faking blueberries in cereals, muffins, bagels and other food products! Can you believe this?! And I’m not only talking about those generic brands that no one knows about or even heard of; this is hands down big companies like General Mills which makes the Total Blueberry Pomegranate Cereal, which does not have even a drop of anything that has to do with a real blueberry or pomegranate. What it does have mimicking the blueberries is artificial colors red #40, blue #2, other artificial colors, and sucralose (an artificial sweetener). To my pleasant surprise Fox News was the first news outlet to actually cover this story. When they contacted Kellogg’s, the company said that “the term ‘Blueberry Muffin’ is used to describe the flavor of some products” and their “products are labeled in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.” Sad isn’t it, that consumers cannot rely on every piece of information on a food product they buy?
        The law firm of Finkenstein Thompson LLP began an investigation into this issue and now calls on anyone who purchased a product marketed as if it had real blueberries even though it did not to contact them

Source
        Natural News
        TreepeopleloveClick image for larger version

Name:	foods-with-artificial-blueberries.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	152526

Comment

Working...
        X