water retention and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water retention and you

christmas time is here and for many of you, colder months are ahead. as back yard BBQ's and hotties on the beach become a fading memory, this is the time that many meat heads turn their thoughts and attention to the task of growing new muscle. an all too common phrase i hear is, "i dont want to gain any water weight". i see it time and again. often from guys who are newer to juice. they wanna get big. they want to be freaky. they want to be strong, but they dont want to put on any water in the process. i think there is one major reason why guys start thinking like this. in a single word, EGO. everyone wants to be ripped, 100% of the time and they think water weight equals looking sloppy and soft....ok, i get it. you can take on a sloppy and soft look if you're holding a ton of subcutanious fluid....BUT water can be controlled (we'll get to that in a few) and just because you're holding some extra fluid, doesnt mean that you HAVE TO look sloppy and fat. besides sub-q (under the skin), fluid is also held in the muscle. this is, for us physique athletes and powerlifters, a good thing...a very very good thing. hydration is key for the proper function and repair of muscle tissue. also, a dry, ripped muscle may look great on stage or the cover of your favorite magazine, but it isnt going to be nearly as strong or be able to maintain the same endurance that super hydrated muscle can.the more you can lift, the bigger you can grow. these two factors, muscle recovery and added strength, are IMO two major factors in what make "bulking" steroids beneficial.

i can tell you first hand that i've taken what are considered "bulking" drugs and still maintained a lean, hard look. of course, i'm not going to look rock hard and stage ready like i would on winny and tren, but theres a time and place for everything and if growing new tissue is my goal, i have to understand that my abs and quads probably aren't going to be covered with a spider web of veins in the process.. a lot of fluid retention comes down to diet. if you want to grow and are on, lets say the classic test/deca/dbol, you can look like shit really fast. you want to control your sodium. now im not saying you should cut it out. you just want to keep your sodium at a consistant level.i know that if i throw back some processed foods loaded with sodium, lets say a couple of burgers from my favorite fast food joint, my body may react quickly, leaving my midsection looking thick and bloated. but if i stick to clean whole foods, keeping a consistent amount of sodium coming in on a daily basis, i can maintain a decent look while packing on the pounds. another factor is estrogen control. a little bit of adex will go a long way. i try to use a conservative amount while bulking...just enough to get the job done. water retention, from many of our bulking drugs is caused, in large part, to our gear aromatizing to estrogen. we dont want to wipe estrogen out all together. it preforms a number of functions that will help us reach our goals of becoming bigger and freakier. it is my understanding that estrogen sensitizes the androgen receptor and allows our steroids to continue being effective through a cycle. plus, we've already covered the benefits of added water that estrogen will give us.

if you want to grow and become the best bodybuilder you can be, put the ego aside. yes, you may look softer during a bulking phase, but that doesnt mean you have to look sloppy and out of shape. for me, bodybuilding is a life long journey. delay the gratification and you will have more mass to work with later when you do cut down. you will be even more proud of yourself when you have made a longer term commitment and seen it come to fruition
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Great post Sam. I will definitely being showing this to a lot of people haha.

Comment

thanks, i'm hoping it helps some of our newer members
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

This is good to know,thanks

Comment

Great post, bro. Bulking time and who cares, its cold and we hide our body under a lotta clothes.

We posted pics of off-season bodybuilders http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.php?321-bulk on bulk, but all pics vanished.
          RonnyT
          Last edited by RonnyT; 12-14-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Thats definately some good info, being a new guy and have finished my first cycle i learned the hard way about sodium intake. I blew up like a balloon for a bit

Comment

Great info here! I like the idea of delaying gratification.

Comment

Working...
              X