Am i the only one with a constant battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only one with a constant battle

Okay help me out am i the only one having a constant battle with the mirror. It seems like no matter how many compliments i get most from guys cause i think woman are shy when it seems my body looks its best the mirror or my mind brings me down and mind says ur shrinking but scale reads the same and the tape measure stays the same anyone else

I am with ya brother I have a shrinking waist line and am growing in the right places. Guys in the gym ask what I'm doing and have been following my progress. I have been told by my wife I cant go with my daughter to her cheer practice cause of the compliments that I'm geting from some extra attentive gals. My wife tells me constantly how good I look, but when I look in the mirror I don't see it , every once in a great while i'll see something ,but I must look to long cause it is gone quick as it came. So yea man I have the same thing going on. I wonder if this is what drives me to injoy the pain it takes to build my body.

Comment

i can understand what you guys are saying, and i dont mean this in judgement, but if in the case of not going to your daughters cheer practice because you dont feel comfortable being told you look good, well, thats really sad. i dont mean sad as in pathetic. i mean sad as in, its sad to see your life limited by a hobby that is supposed to build you up and make you stronger.

i'm not content with where i am. i probably will never be. i'm ok with that. i understand that this sport is a journey and its not about looking exactly the way i want. its about the process. i stepped on stage for my first show knowing that i had glaring weaknesses....knowing that i had certain body parts that were almost nonexistent. thankfully, i could accept that and be able to follow through with having what was one of the coolest and most unique character building experiences i've had in my life. i got on stage, in the bright lights, in front of a few hundred people wearing nothing but a tiny piece of spandex! i knew i was far from perfect, but instead of feeling inferior, i felt hope. i knew that i brought the best package i could for that time and i knew that with work, i could bring something better next year. i'm always driven by where i'm going, what i'm becoming....my POTENTIAL pushes me forward.

i highly suggest this movie to everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRShWun7Mc4
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

@ Sam

i can understand what you guys are saying, and i dont mean this in judgement, but if in the case of not going to your daughters cheer practice because you dont feel comfortable being told you look good, well, thats really sad. i dont mean sad as in pathetic. i mean sad as in, its sad to see your life limited by a hobby that is supposed to build you up and make you stronger.

Its not me, I like the complements, my wife has a problem with it not me. My problem is I tell her when I get complemented, she is a little insecure

I just don't see what they do u know

Comment

awwww, that makes sense lol. the old jealous girl. i hope you took no offence to the way i originally read that.

i have a training partner who isnt that big. he almost hates himself. so much of his sense of happiness is based off how he thinks he should look. i've been this way to an extent, but i've been lucky enough to let it go. he wears a hoodie year round cuz he isnt comfortable with people seeing him. we train at a gym with no AC. sometimes, when it's 90 outside, it's close to 100 in the gym and so humid you cant inhale O2. no matter what, the sweat jacket stays on.
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

@ Sam
            Naw non taken ::::
            I have a friend that wont go with me to work out cause of somthing similar to what you spoke of about your friend. I have told him that no cares how he looks or what his strenghth level is, but no go. I have been very fit and also have been very obese and have learned to become comfortable with my apearence but it took a while being I was a fat kid. I no grown men and I know you all no of some to that will swim with thier shirts on, I don't think this is funny cause I reminber when I did this and how I felt about myself. We as a society have made a sellfish outline of how someone should look. This causes some alot of pain.

Comment

I guess as were sharing stories i went threw live at 5/9 120 till i was 30 super pale i woul glow in the dark now in november i turn 34 im between 176 to winter time 190 until this sumer i never went out without pants and a shirt until i found melanotan2 my lifes savior now i never have a shirt on sometimes the nicest people have to come from being knocked down by society to make it to the top if im at the gym i never let strangers talk bad about anyone. Its a hard world but we gona make just wish we could bring more people with us You guys are great i love this site

Comment

Originally posted by Big L View Post
                I guess as were sharing stories i went threw live at 5/9 120 till i was 30 super pale i woul glow in the dark now in november i turn 34 im between 176 to winter time 190 until this sumer i never went out without pants and a shirt until i found melanotan2 my lifes savior now i never have a shirt on sometimes the nicest people have to come from being knocked down by society to make it to the top if im at the gym i never let strangers talk bad about anyone. Its a hard world but we gona make just wish we could bring more people with us You guys are great i love this site
                I also have a very pale complexion. Freckles and the whole nine yards. If I stayed out in the sun too long, I didn't get burned, I just burst into flames! I used to be very self conscious about my appearance, but once I became a confident man, I noticed that people looked at me differently. Confidence will help anyone overlook their shortcomings (real or imagined). We are there for you bro! Just the fact that you are willing to look the issue in the eye will make you stronger. It won't be long before you realize you are already the man you want to be.
                timguinness
                Last edited by timguinness; 09-23-2012, 09:44 PM.
                Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

it's called body dysmorphia..you see yourself differently then what other people see...I think all of us who use, at some point have it...it's psychologic...doesn't mean you will always have it...just have to get your mind around it and see what everyone does...that your already a big guy..

Comment

i try to keep things in perspective, break thru my own goals and thats all i worry about. i give myself ample amounts of time to do so also. otherwise i start thinking far to into my own apperance. I get asked if im juicing all the time haha, but my bf is what i am worried about. not my size.

Comment

Working...
                    X