I have a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a quick question

I received my gear in Ampules and I was wondering if I needed a filter needle to draw it from the ampule to make sure no glass got in? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks

there is such a thing as an amp filter, but it is not needed. you'll be fine.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

another quick question. i drew up my needle and after beating all the air out there are still tiny lil bubbles on the inside wall of the syringe... is that ok/normal

Comment

if you wait for a few seconds, most of the air will work it's way out. the thicker the oil, the longer it'll take. usually, if oil is fairly thick, i'll heat it up with a hair drier or run the unopened amp under some hot water. just becareful not to inject hot oil and burn yourself from the inside! if you don't get every tiny air bubble out, a few aren't going to cause a problem, so no need to get supered worried about it.
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks for the help man, wish me luck.

Comment

No, mini bubbles will be fine, just shake out what you can. I think its more intraVeneus injections where this is a concern. with Intramuscular the tiny bubbles are not a major concern.
            There was a study that found tiny little fragments of glass in ampules but they were too small to be of any harm. People who have car crashes, war wounds, etc get fragments off all sorts buried in the muscle. Im sure atom sizes fragments are ok. Its never done me any harm anyway. Obviously if the amp smashes a bit and you actually see some fall in i would throw it out and start with a new amp. This has happened to me once.

Comment

My first amp break went well. I still ordered the filter needles because i didnt have any needles to draw out of the amp with, so this way i kill 2 birds with one stone. i get a 19gauge draw needles and its filtered to put my mind at ease. Thanks for the advice, members on this forum seem to be friendlier with noobie Qs than most.

Comment

i hate amps! lol even with an amp cutter i break them lol

Comment

Originally posted by thegad View Post
                  My first amp break went well. I still ordered the filter needles because i didnt have any needles to draw out of the amp with, so this way i kill 2 birds with one stone. i get a 19gauge draw needles and its filtered to put my mind at ease. Thanks for the advice, members on this forum seem to be friendlier with noobie Qs than most.
                  just out of interest, what kind of cost differene were you looking at for the filtered vs nonfiltered ?

Comment

well i bought filtered needles from a local medical supply store online. The needles were $3.75 for a 3 pack. So it was like $38 and some change with shiping. So not that bad for a good peice of mind. I did my first injection today. I was nervous but it went well, didnt hurt at all. I'll try to post results at 2 week intervals for anyone thats interested.

Comment

kind of expensive compared to regular 20g pins, but if it's worth it to you, more power to ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X