Questions on getting tested...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on getting tested...?

I don't know if this has been asked before but I tried searching with no luck!

Anyways I have a fee questions about getting tested and blood work prior to cycling, do I just go see my doc and say I'm getting ready to start a cycle I wanna check my kidneys, liver and blood? Does Dr/patient privileges still apply? Or do I gotta keep it from him? I just wanna make sure I get the right tests done before and after my cycle?

Yes your Doc has to keep it between the two of you, Dr/patient privileges still apply. If he's unwilling to help you, you might be able to find another that will, just with that issue though, if you want to keep your regular Doc.
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

as Big said, HIPPA keeps him from talking but he can refuse to treat you on moral grounds. If he does refuse a lot of doctors will refer you to someone who will help you
      Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Awesome guys thanks for the fast info! Im pretty sure he'll be ok with it ive been seeing him for a few years now and he is a real nice guy so hopefully all goes well!

Comment

He can put it on ur Med charts which may affect future treatments, Drs and or Insurance?
          If he is cool tell him if he is not just tell him u want ur blood checked after all u + ur Ins r paying or go to Labcorp or medlabs or one of those.
          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I prefer to have all blood work done on an out of pocket basis. I don't need insurance companies meddling with my long term health. I keep as much of my medical history private as I can.
            Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

ya just got back from being tested, i decided after hearing the ins thing id just keep it on the DL and just told my Dr i wanted my test levels checked. then after my PCT i will go back in again!

Comment

hey Hooch.....I think Sam has an old thread on bloodwork in a way that you wont have to go through your Dr. Let me see if I can find it and I'll put the link up.
                "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

last time i went to the doc there was a form they asked me to signed asking if it was okay for them to send the doctors notes to the insurance company i refused to sign.. u should ask about that if u wish to go thru insurance, because in that case u would still be in the clear.

Comment

Your statements are both correct and not true. It is true that a doctor has to keep your information solely based on ethics HOWEVER if the doctor believes that your health might be in jeopardy he has the obligation to do what's right so that you remain in good health. That is the law and that may be sharing your information with tiers. Now I have no idea how many actually follow those rules.
                    xamo
                    Last edited by xamo; 08-11-2012, 11:12 PM.
                    Ain't no use in lookin' down
                    Ain't no discharge on the ground
                    Ain't no use in lookin' back
                    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

well that is an extreme.. which typically only comes up when some1 is a danger to themselves or someone else..their has to be a prettty strong reeason for them to break confidentiality.

Comment

Yes hehe but you know how steroids are seen by the general public.. a doctor might have the same views and see them as a huge no no you're gonna die thing you know?
                        Ain't no use in lookin' down
                        Ain't no discharge on the ground
                        Ain't no use in lookin' back
                        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Working...
                        X