reminder to get blood work done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reminder to get blood work done

hey guys, heres a thread i saw today. i wanted to copy and paste it here, as a reminder of just what can happen if you dont get your blood work done. now this was a unique case, but you never know if you fall into the category of unique as well, unless you get labs done a couple times a yr. i know a lot of you are newer AAS users but its never to early to take care of yourself
    I put off getting labs done for way too long....about 2 months ago I had to stop prepping for a contest because my body just wasn't responding. I went to get labs done and after the results was rushed to the ER. I was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and stopped prep. Fast forward 2 months and I'm throwing up every day and cramping. I went to the ER again and my numbers were off the charts, creatinine 15 and BUN was 190 with potassium very low. After a biopsy i find out I have the disease abbrveiated FSGS.....the same thing flex wheeler, Alonzo mourning and Sean Elliot all had/have. There is no cure and currently they don't really know what causes it. Over 80% of my kidneys are scarred. The doctors surgically inserted a catheter(sp) in my neck/clavicle to start dialysis. I will need a transplant in the next year, although inmay already have a living donor. Moral of the story....I've had this for years. Had I done blood work a year or two earlier I may have been able to slow down the disease, but now i have to Jump head first into treatment. So do you blood work every 6 months and look fornthese warning signs:

high blood pressure
    swollen ankle/ankles
    sour mouth taste
    cramps
    hiccups
    edema
    indigestion
    bubbles in urine
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Oh man that sucks... what was he on, do you know?
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

totally agree Sam
      very important to be in touch with your body + to reinforce with BT. I think the biggest mistake Newb's make is in not getting tested b4 starting important to know ur baseline.
      Then after PCT, my boss felt great after PCT went in for routine Blood Test (over 40) his Test was 120.

Also Saliva test r a good tool + relatively cheap ($35)- they Test Free Test, I use em when ON to see my Test levels.
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Working...
      X