Body building schedule advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body building schedule advice

I'm looking for advice for my schedule. I looking for the best schedule for maximum growth before I start my cycle( deca 250, cyp 600 wk for 12 weeks with dbol 50 for first 4 weeks.) I'm currently 5'10 194 pounds and 9.1 bfi my schedule is
    Day 1 chest, flat bench 4 sets rep goal 12,10,8,6 incline dumbell 4 sets 12,10,8,6 decline bench 3 sets 12,10,8 flys 5 sets 8-12 reps
    Day 2 back, pulldowns 4 sets, seated rows 3 sets, dumbell rows 3 sets, machine pullovers 4 sets, all 6-12 reps.
    Day 3 arms... Triceps first. Skull crushers 4 sets, tri presses 4 sets, rope pulldown 4 sets, dips. Biceps alt dumbell curls 3 sets, barbell curls 3 sets, hammer curls 4 sets, cable curls 3 sets. All sets 8-12 reps
    Day 4 shoulders, standing military barbell presses 3 sets, arnolds 4 sets, shrugs 3 sets, upright rows 4 sets, rear delt dumbbell 4 sets front arm raises 3 sets, side lateral raises 3 sets all 8-12 reps
    Day 5 legs squats 4 sets 12,10,8,6 reps hack squats 4 sets 8 reps, leg pess 4 sets 12,10,8 walking lunges 3 sets 12 reps, leg ext. 4 sets 8-12 reps leg curls 4 sets 8-12 reps, still leg dl 4 sets 6-12 reps
    Day 6 rest
    Calfs or abs alternating eod

maybe try chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms or chest, back, legs, arms, shoulders either way. your tri's are getting work on day 1 and bi's are getting work on day 2 so try to get them apart to allow them to recover after the 1st 2 days. keep chest and shoulders away from eachother because you do pressing movements with both of them and that takes alot out of you. growth = rest & recovery (eating). throwing legs in the middle of the week will give the upper body an extra day of rest before you hit it again..just my 2c

Comment

Sounds like solid advice Xela. I work a 3 day split myself(chest/tris, back/bi's and legs/shoulders). I started doing a reverse pyramid training method and its been great! I've increased my squat 15 lbs every week. Im also on week 7 of my cyp cycle and cutting. I just finish my tris and bi's off after training my major muscles, then I let them rest. I stick mostly with the Big 3 - squats, deads and bench and mainly barbell lifts. Only 3 good working sets per exercise and 4 lifts per muscle group. RPT starts with warming up to your heaviest set then doing 1 x 6 of your heaviest weight for 6. Get a good heavy warm up beforehand but not tired nor depleted. Decrease ur weight by 10% each set after that. Set 2 = 8 reps and set 3 = 8 -10 reps. If you can get that 6 easy, then your too light and move up next week. I have been putting a burnout set on the end for the pump. While dropping calories on this low carb cut, I get the benefit of still lifting heavy upfront and not burning out too quick. I put legs on friday cause they NEED 2-3 days recovery. Im ready to go on Monday again. I forgot to mention that Im doing 5 days of cardio @ 45 min a pop also. Good Luck Big Herb!
      "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

I do these reverse pyramids now and have been getting good results. and i usually do 4 lifts per muscle group except for legs and shoulders. on these days im doing 7 lifts... am I over training shoulders and legs.

Comment

good point about hitting back with arms on following day. I didn't even realize i was hitting my arms two days in a row. I like your advice, thank you. I'm going to change my schedule next week.

Comment

Thanks 49er. Is that a san fran 49er? Haha. Yea herb that looks like a bulking cycle so u might just want to cut cardio down for that cycle but not out completely. I do 40 mins of fasted cardio 7 days a week and mon through fri another 20 in the afternoon after my lifting. It comes out to about 6.5 hours of cardio a week but im trying to cut big time right now. Another thing is I used to get caught up in the old routine of counting sets and would shoot for a certain number every day. Big mistake. I found out i was over training very soon. I thought there was no way i would grow unless i was doing 20+ sets per body part. Then i read an article by lee haney saying work until you think you have reached maximum "pump". Anything more is risking overtraining. Now i usually do about 16-20 sets for big muscle groups and about 12-16 for smaller ones. I dont do much barbell pressing but maybe once a month to try to avoid injury.

I have a detailed explination of my training and diet in the log section if you guys wanna check it out

Comment

yeah it is a bulking cycle and i really like deca because it doesnt have such a big impact on the joints. I usually bulk then diet to get lean again. currently im 9.1 % body fat and my test levels are back to normal so im ready to go at it again. some people think im crazy for bulking before summer but this is my hobby and I would live in the gym if i could. as for cardio I usually do maybe a hour a week keeping my heart rate around 130-150. my training is intense. I pyramid most of my sets with no more then 60 sec rest between sets

Comment

im with you on that one buddy. i would build a tent in the squat rack and crash in it. are you planning on doing a show or anything? u look pretty aesthetic in your avatar if thats you. no homo haha

Comment

That is me, and thank you for the compliment. I dont think its gay to compliment other people on gains. it a art. no I don't do competitions I just do it because i'm addicted and i love it. I like your statement "I would build a tend in a squat rack and sleep in it". lol

Comment

Cool deal. U have your gear yet?

Comment

16 to 20 sets is a lot even for bigger muscles
                      Ain't no use in lookin' down
                      Ain't no discharge on the ground
                      Ain't no use in lookin' back
                      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

yeah. I have british dragon gear im going to try this time. I have heard good things about it. I also ordered my summer cycle (geneza pharm.) I should be all set for until winter. what do you pin?

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
                          16 to 20 sets is a lot even for bigger muscles
                          Yea your right it is but i hit all different angles and different heads of the muscle when i lift. It works for me but it might not for others

Herbie - Ive only used british dragon and GP. Only in my forst week of GP cyp 250 and t bol so i cant compliment on them just yet (follow my log )but british dragon cyp is good shit lots of strength gaing for me on 500mg a week for 10 weeks

Comment

1st cycle? up the deca a lil too sorry if this was said i didnt read others posts.. gl tho brudda what brand u going with and also u should run a log

Comment

Working...
                            X