Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbell or Dumbell press? Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbell or Dumbell press? Which do you prefer?

I like doing dumbells most, but I switch it up between the two. Which do you guys prefer?

Ya I like dumbells the best,I feel like u get better muscle attention,and I also feel more of a burn afterwards or the next day.lol

Comment

I like dumbells but it is difficult to workout safely + controlled when u get over 125lb -(picking them up throwing them into place + then putting them down or dropping them -easy to pull ancillary muscles)

so I switch between the barbell + the iso-machines
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

i did dumb bells for a couple months every year to get my bench up i added 40 lbs to my barbell n 4 months going to dumb bells and really hard

Comment

Yeah I hate trying to kick back the dumbells when I get up to hte 90+ range (which is a good amount for me haha). It's not so bad on incline but on flat bench I damn near fall off the side of the bench sometimes hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
            Yeah I hate trying to kick back the dumbells when I get up to hte 90+ range (which is a good amount for me haha). It's not so bad on incline but on flat bench I damn near fall off the side of the bench sometimes hahaha
            I built up my 4x12 range then worked my reps down after i stalled out on the 4x12. yeah depending on the benches you have then falling could be easy if its heavy weight and your not distributing it perfectly hahaha

Comment

i never use barbell. i do DBs in every workout unless i'm injured. BB fucks my joints up, something awful. elbows, shoulders. just bad stuff for me. plus most people who tear a pec, including a close training partner, do it with the BB! no thanks
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Yeah I try to stay with dumbells. I feel like it helps keep things symmetrical lol. I do rotate to barbell every now and again but usually only for a couple weeks and I'm back to the dumbells!

Comment

I like to alternate every so often. right now my chest routine is as follows:
                  BB Decline
                  DB Flat
                  BB Incline
                  Crossovers

Pretty standard rountine but doing wonders for me.

Comment

yeah dumbells for me too i get a better squeez out with them and think they are safer on the joints too

Comment

I never liked DBs, though I feel they are best especially if you have muscle imbalance. Allows you to really focus on specific muscles
                      Ain't no use in lookin' down
                      Ain't no discharge on the ground
                      Ain't no use in lookin' back
                      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I do them both, I think db train more muscle than just bb. Have to use more muscle for balance and stability.

Comment

Working...
                        X