Robert Kennedy Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Kennedy Died

robert kennedy of 'musclemag' past away. everyone knew this was coming. still a sad day. he did a lot for the sport and the fitness lifestyle RIP

http://www.rkpubs.com/bob/
    sam1976
    Last edited by sam1976; 04-14-2012, 01:22 AM.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

you mean musclemag international... I loved his magazine as it really covered many of old school training. plus they had the most banging swimsuit columns. RIP Bob Kennedy. IMO there was Joe Weider, then there was Bob Kennedy.

Comment

OH SHIT, thank you. i even thought i wrote MM. i swear my brain isnt working today..haha. believe it or not, i'm actually a fan...and i know this is going to sound totally gay...of oxygen mag. not that i'd buy it but i've dated 2 girls who have subscribed to oxygen and on more than one occasion, i've found myself reading up on food ideas and ogling at the figure competitor type models in the pics
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
        OH SHIT, thank you. i even thought i wrote MM. i swear my brain isnt working today..haha. believe it or not, i'm actually a fan...and i know this is going to sound totally gay...of oxygen mag. not that i'd buy it but i've dated 2 girls who have subscribed to oxygen and on more than one occasion, i've found myself reading up on food ideas and ogling at the figure competitor type models in the pics
        funny you mention that cuz i read penthouse for the articles too lol kennedy's mags always had the hottest girls
        Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

They gave him the Lifetime achievement award at the Arnold Classic. His g/f accepted the award. The guy did alot for bodybuilding...

Comment

Wow! I didn't know he'd died. Damn!
            I actually met him back in the late 90's at an event. He wore a bright green suit, lol. Very cool guy to talk with!
            He provided some very inspirational knowledge in my early years with his books.
            One I remember in particular was "Beef it!" Tons of knowledge in that book for both pros and amateurs! His words were just physiological common sense.
            I soaked up his knowledge about sensible training. "Work the muscle and concentrate on the muscle(s) you're working".
            He had great theories that many young people could benefit from, today.

I think his knowledge was even beyond Weider's. Kennedy spoke against such rediculous things like 'Jump Squats'...saying, "it's very hard on the joints", while Weider's books were full of such crazy exercises.

RIP Robert!
            Your knowledge will educate for years to come.

Comment

Working...
            X