Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routine after a 6 months break(due to Tendinitis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routine after a 6 months break(due to Tendinitis)

I had a pain in my right elbow (inside) while working out. I had been working out for 8 months when it really started affecting my routine. Having laid off for 6 months, I want to get back to it now. Got to know a lot from your post about taking preventive care. As I was a rookie when I started working out at the first place, could you please tell me which routine to adopt? I have read about the 3 day full body and all the splits. Must say I am confused. Relevant details are:- Weight 83 kgs (183 lbs), Height 6ft(72 inches). Goal is sustainable muscle building. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm not sure what your asking, are you looking for a routine to work around the tendinitis or just a new routine?
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

look up pt exercises for the tendon issues strengthen it for a while then get back into lifting.
      i hurt my back and took a month off and it got a little better but the real improvement was from the strengthening exercises

Comment

I suffer from the same thing bro...at 45 I do what I can as far as exercises go..some motions my body just cannot handle..like reverse grip curls kill me..!! so I stick to what has the least pain on my joints..it all about finding what you can do that does not hurt the joints ans go with it...I also take anti-inflamitories one hour before working out, find it helps a lot...
        test

Comment

if ur looking for a routine I am a fan of the good old fashion 3x wk workout (also push/pull) for example ;
          -( I customized it since ur coming back from an injury)
          use a majority of machines to start -it forces u to use good form + not cheat.
          stay away from dumbbells for a few months (twisting/supinating ur wrist can aggravate ur injury)

Day 1 - Chest + Back - 3exercise of 3sets x 10-12 reps (stay away from flyes hard on elbow tendons)
          off
          Day 2 - Delts, Bi's + Tri's - 3exercise of 3sets 10-12 reps
          off
          Day 3 - Legs -4 exercise of 3sets 10-12 reps
          off
          off - remember u grow during recover so rest+recover is important.
          - do cardio + ab's which ever days u have x-tra energy

- coming back from an injury u should lower ur weights + do more reps. u will be surprised how fast u build back up the strength without getting injured again.

to sustain grow + keep motivated it is good to change ur workout every 3-6 month.
          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

@ Mr Big: Just a new routine but keeping in mind that I have just recovered from an injury.
            deepmaangat
            Last edited by deepmaangat; 04-04-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

@ODB Thanks a lot for the reply. I have set up a mini gym at my home without any machine but I make it a point not to cheat and only lift weights that ensure proper form. I hope that it will help. One more question, for instance in chest and back, should I do 3 exercises for each muscle group (which makes it a total of 6 exercises)? Thanks again!!
              deepmaangat
              Last edited by deepmaangat; 04-04-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

@Ares Yep. Have gone through some physiotherapy sessions. Now looking to get back on track. Mine was a case of too much, too soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by deepmaangat View Post
                  @ODB Thanks a lot for the reply. I have set up a mini gym at my home without any machine but I make it a point not to cheat and only lift weights that ensure proper form. I hope that it will help. One more question, for instance in chest and back, should I do 3 exercises for each muscle group (which makes it a total of 6 exercises)? Thanks again!!
                  Yeah 3 per group (like 3 for chest then 3 for Back on day 1) focus on going to failure + get that burn (also limit ur rest time to 1min or less) the initial goal is to get the blood pumping +get a good workout but give ur body plenty of time to recover.
                  Of course everyone is different if you feel after a couple of weeks that u need more to get that burn add on or do supersets or dropsets.

I also wear a compression elbow sleeve which seems to help - golfers elbow sucks.
                  ODB
                  Last edited by ODB; 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM.
                  "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Got it. Could you please provide a 5 days/week routine too? My travelling is so unpredictable that I might not lay my hands on any pound for a week and I might then be free for 10 days. Is 3 days a week routine still better? This will just give me an option to choose from. Thanks!!
                    Originally posted by ODB View Post
                    Yeah 3 per group (like 3 for chest then 3 for Back on day 1) focus on going to failure + get that burn (also limit ur rest time to 1min or less) the initial goal is to get the blood pumping +get a good workout but give ur body plenty of time to recover.
                    Of course everyone is different if you feel after a couple of weeks that u need more to get that burn add on or do supersets or dropsets.

I also wear a compression elbow sleeve which seems to help - golfers elbow sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X