X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast food

I saw this article http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...for-six-months

Gives a new dimension too the phrase eat junk and look like it

i remember reading about this one on yahoo. that is crazy that burger and fries just stayed there. no mold, no bacteria, no decomposition, nothing. it was just there....

Comment

Wow, so much for cheat meal at MD......

Comment

Yeah i believe that was first done on the movie supersize me. Its because of all the additives that they put in it to preserve it. Also macdonalds uses meat from cows that have cancer! grade d meat gross. Think asbout that the next time u want macs!!! ill pass. taco bell also uses cows who are dying. They just got busted for having someone do a study and found out their meat cant even be called meat cause it so fake!!!! yummmmmmmmm
        "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

I believe they said Taco Bell had up to 36 percent beef... So what makes up the other 64 percent?? I'm glad I don't eat Taco Bell.....

Comment

I almost never eat fast food but I have to admit that a grilled stuffed chicken burrito is my go to hangover food.

Comment

Originally posted by pulpak69 View Post
              Yeah i believe that was first done on the movie supersize me. Its because of all the additives that they put in it to preserve it. Also macdonalds uses meat from cows that have cancer! grade d meat gross. Think asbout that the next time u want macs!!! ill pass. taco bell also uses cows who are dying. They just got busted for having someone do a study and found out their meat cant even be called meat cause it so fake!!!! yummmmmmmmm
              Can you post the link? researching for article..

Comment

mc chicken

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan is a fascinating book that details the changing eating habits of Americans. I can't recommend it highly enough. It explains how, over the last 30 years, we have become a nation that eats vast quantities of corn ? much more so than Mexicans, the original "corn people."
                Most folks assume that a chicken nugget is just a piece of fried chicken, right? Wrong! Did you know, for example, that a McDonald?s Chicken McNugget is 56% corn?
                What else is in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget? Besides corn, and to a lesser extent, chicken, The Omnivore's Dilemma describes all of the thirty-eight ingredients that make up a McNugget ? one of which I'll bet you'll never guess. During this part of the book, the author has just ordered a meal from McDonald?s with his family and taken one of the flyers available at McDonald?s called "A Full Serving of Nutrition Facts: Choose the Best Meal for You." These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore?s Dilemma:
                ?The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.
                According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable. But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill.?
                Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!

Comment

oh yeah that stuff is poison!!!!!
                  "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

Well I guess no more Mickey D's,...... Thats good reading thanks RonnyT.

Comment

Oh thats was kinda debunked months ago, the room was air conditioned and some other factors which i forget.
                      There was no mold as there wasn't any bacteria or moisture in the room, apparently if you put any food in the same conditions it'll more or less remain the same.

Anyways that's what i got from....: The skeptics Guide to the Universe.
                      Its a podcast, give it a go it's quite good.

No i'm not a rep from MaccyD's i still wouldn't what any shite from there.

Comment

Ugh... I can't eat fast food anymore. Ever since my girlfriend got me into eating very healthy if I have any kind of fast food I get bloated, feel like shit, and end up either puking or shitting my insides out.

The chemicals and other garbage in that stuff ain't good for you.
                        Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Comment

We know that now every people have fast food but it seems not to be good for health. Because you can't get anything more from this Fast foods.
                          I will advice that when you go out than not to have fast food but you can have Milk shakes or Juices.
                          Pet Medication

Comment

I almost never eat fast food but I have to admit that a grilled stuffed chicken burrito is my go to hangover food.
                            dean graziosi

Comment

Transfats

Fast food is also notorious for transfats linked to heartdiseases, obesitas etc

The Fat Family:
                              Unlike other members of the fat family(saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats), trans fats, or trans-fatty acids, are largely artificial fats. A small amount of trans fats occur naturally in meat and dairy products.
                              Hydrogenation:
                              Trans fats are made by a chemical process called partial hydrogenation. Liquid vegetable oil (an otherwise healthy monounsaturated fat) is packed with hydrogen atoms and converted into a solid fat. This made what seemed an ideal fat for the food industry to work with because of its high melting point, its creamy, smooth texture and its reusability in deep-fat frying.
                              Shelf Life and Texture:
                              Partially hydrogenated fats, or trans fats, extend the shelf life of food. They also add a certain pleasing mouth-feel to all manner of processed foods. Think of buttery crackers and popcorn, crispy French fries, crunchy fish sticks, creamy frosting and melt-in-your mouth pies and pastries. All these foods owe those qualities to trans fats.
                              Worse Than Butter:
                              Hydrogenated fats were seen as a healthier alternative to saturated fats: using stick margarine was deemed better for you than using butter, yet numerous studies now conclude that trans fats are actually worse. True, saturated fats raise total and bad (LDL) cholesterol levels. Trans fats do the same, but they also strip levels of good (HDL) cholesterol, the kind that helps unclog arteries. Trans fats also increase triglyceride levels in the blood, adding to our risk of cardiovascular disease.
                              Basically, the more solid the fat, the more it clogs our arteries. Many margarines and spreads are now available with low or zero levels of trans fats, but they are less suitable for cooking and baking. There is also a trans-fat-free shortening, too. Food manufacturers scrambled to reduce or remove trans fats in time for the January 2006 labeling deadline, when trans fats had to be listed on nutrition facts labels. But some have found it a struggle to produce workable, economic alternatives.
                              McDonald?s and Trans Fats:
                              In September 2002, McDonald?s announced its intention to drastically reduce the amount of trans fats in its cooking oil by February 2003. By 2006, McDonald?s had managed to cut the amount of trans fat in its chicken products by about 15 percent, but the company had yet to find a suitable alternative fat for its coveted fries, one that didn?t fundamentally alter the taste.
                              For allegedly not keeping the public informed of its progress, McDonald?s was sued by BanTransFats, the group that sued Kraft Foods, which went on to produce trans-fat-free varieties of Oreo cookies. To settle the suit, McDonald?s agreed to pay $7m to the American Heart Association, and spend a further $1.5m to keep the public informed about reducing trans fats.
                              Eventually, McDonald's announced in early 2007 that it had begun using a trans-fat-free oil in 1,200 of its 13,700 restaurants, with the rest to follow suit.
                              But Wendy's Led the Way:
                              America's third-largest burger chain, Wendy's, was the first of the big fast-food chains to to change. Its revamped cooking oil blend reduces trans fats in its chicken and french fries by an average of 95 percent, and even reduces saturated-fat content by an average of 20 percent. KFC is also removing trans fats from its fried products, though it has yet to find an acceptable alternative for its pot pies and biscuits.
                              Disappearing Trans Fats:
                              New York City?s Board of Health voted unanimously in December 2006 to ban trans fats in all its 24,000 restaurants, from high-end eateries to fast-food joints, becoming the first city in the United States to impose such a ban. Restaurants will be banned from using most oils containing artificial trans fats by July 2007, and must eliminate artificial trans fats from all its foods by July 2008.
                              Starbucks joined the bandwagon and announced in January 2007 that it was eliminating trans fats from its stores in 10 metropolitan areas. It had already begun removing trans fats from some of its baked goods before making the announcement. Even Girl Scout cookies have gone trans-fat-free. So the trans-fat tide is turning.
                              But until there is a widely acceptable, cost-effective way to process cooking oil without producing trans fats, many companies may have a problem replicating the qualities these oils give to processed foods. Many are relying on palm oil, which is high in saturated fat. Some believe palm oil's particular fatty-acid make-up has heart-healthy qualities, but the jury is still out. In general, replacing trans fats with saturated fats doesn't seem much of an improvement.
                              Food Labels and Trans Fats
                              While total fat and saturated fat content have routinely appeared on nutrition facts labels for a number of years, the listing of trans fats is relatively new. Until their listing was made mandatory, from January 2006, we had to look for the words "partially hydrogenated ?" or "hydrogenated ?" in the list of ingredients. The nearer to the top of the list, the higher the level of trans fats; so even when the label didn't offer a trans fat listing, we could make a fair estimate of how much trans fat was lurking inside by looking at the difference between the total fat figure and the saturated and unsaturated fat figures. Obviously the new labeling requirement eliminates that guess work.
                              Food manufacturers are simply be required to state the number of grams of trans fats per serving. The government?s revised Dietary Guidelines, which were published in January 2005, fell short of recommending a maximum daily intake for trans fats, even though a limit of less than 2 grams or even less than 1 gram had been floated. Instead the recommendation is to "keep trans fatty acid consumption as low as possible."
                              A word of warning, though: Labels can say "0 grams of Trans Fat" even if partially hydrogenated fats are listed in the ingredients, so long as a serving size contains less than 0.5g of trans fats. The catch is that all those fractions of a gram add up if you eat more than a single serving.

Comment

Working...
                              X