Short cycles, better gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short cycles, better gains?

Hey guys, hope this is not a repost. Just found this article on doing shorter cycles and less time off for all kinds of reasons. I have read somewhere before that short cycles(4-6 weeks) with larger dosages are more effective than longer ones (10-12 weeks) with moderate amount of juice. Have never tried this....just curious since I always tend to gain the most weight during the first weeks. Has anyone tried this or heard about this before?

u can go so many ways, but yea if u go with like test suspension it is the bestbulking test.. and yes u can get on quicker after.. run that with like npp or something for 6-7 weeks.. definately, som elove to stay on for 20 weeks some like a bunch of lil ones its what best suits u.. what are ur goals

Comment

yeah it is interesting. I am now on a 12 week cycle and am on week 10. I don't think I would like to stay on for 20 weeks haha

Comment

i cant speak for everyone, but personally, i've found that moderate doses for longer is better for me. i need time to cultivate gains and solidify them. lets take dbol for instance. as long as my blood work allows, i'd much prefer taking 25mg for 8 wks than take 50mg for 4 wks. the longer i'm in a positive nitrogen balance, the longer my strength is up, the longer my muscle is super hydrated, the better progress i make. if i were to double that dose of dbol to 50 mg and run it for 1/2 the time, do you think i would be 2x a strong, gain 2x the water, ect? of course not.

recovery though...thats a whole other topic and it may be the strongest argument as to why staying on shorter "on" periods may be more beneficial. i'm not coming at things from that angle though. in my life, i will probably never completely recover and i am ok with that. i'm at the age that HRT is a very real option. so let me qualify my post. as far as better gains...just gains...i'll take longer cycles with moderate doses vs shorter cycles with high doses
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
          i cant speak for everyone, but personally, i've found that moderate doses for longer is better for me. i need time to cultivate gains and solidify them. lets take dbol for instance. as long as my blood work allows, i'd much prefer taking 25mg for 8 wks than take 50mg for 4 wks. the longer i'm in a positive nitrogen balance, the longer my strength is up, the longer my muscle is super hydrated, the better progress i make. if i were to double that dose of dbol to 50 mg and run it for 1/2 the time, do you think i would be 2x a strong, gain 2x the water, ect? of course not.

recovery though...thats a whole other topic and it may be the strongest argument as to why staying on shorter "on" periods may be more beneficial. i'm not coming at things from that angle though. in my life, i will probably never completely recover and i am ok with that. i'm at the age that HRT is a very real option. so let me qualify my post. as far as better gains...just gains...i'll take longer cycles with moderate doses vs shorter cycles with high doses

Thanks for your input Sam! I thought this was interesting cause like I said I tend to gain most weight and strength in the first part of my cycle an then , like now on my 10th week, I can't seem to gain more weight even though I have increased my kcal....why is this? is it the shock in the beginning of the cycle?

Comment

Yeah that is the exact opposite of everything I have ever heard. I've always heard it's better to go longer than do more(per week)

Comment

Originally posted by VanZane View Post
              Thanks for your input Sam! I thought this was interesting cause like I said I tend to gain most weight and strength in the first part of my cycle an then , like now on my 10th week, I can't seem to gain more weight even though I have increased my kcal....why is this? is it the shock in the beginning of the cycle?
              i find my body gets used to whatever i'm doing in the gym, eating and using. after 10 wks if things arent working out anymore, i'd change things up. change or add compounds of up doses. change training, change diet. key for me is to avoid homeostasis
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I concur with Sam but I think -(when u first start) - if u do short cycles with fast acting AAS at low to moderate dosages (not high) u could recover faster and therefore cycle again sooner.
                I do believe that it is better to introduce different compounds instead of High or Mega doses.
                "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Yeah I think Ill with mod. dose and 12 weeks for now at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X