Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steroids and hairloss

STEROIDS AND HAIR LOSS

It used to be thought that having a full healthy head of hair and a muscular ripped body were contradictory, if not mutually exclusive propositions, after all if hair loss was related to DHT, and high male hormone levels, how could anyone maximize their own anabolic potential and not have to simultaneously deal with hair loss?? I am personally self absorbed and narcissistic enough to demand both, and have dedicated a great deal of time investigating just how I could have both. All I can tell you is that, after talking to literally hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders, and my own personal experience, it is possible, but you have to know what you're doing.

In this piece I will delve into what effects certain "anabolic agents" consistently have on scalp hair, so you won't inadvertently compromise your hair, or perhaps miss out on some beneficial anabolic agents for fear they will. It may seem to some like I'm advocating the use of certain steroids or stacks, and perhaps I am. I've been training for more then 20 years, and have rally been around the block in this business. I have never had a desire to compete, but have successfully (and unsuccessfully at times) used various "anabolic agents" to stay in top shape, and will continue to do so.

My commitment is simply to tell you in a straightforward, no B.S. way and which ones are safe to use. The medical and legal considerations and ramifications are obviously yours to deal with on an individual basis. As always, consult a "physician".
    Deca Durabolin - I've never had a problem with my hair on this one, neither have hundreds of other guys I've talked to. The safety of this steroid, as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be.. One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca.

Testosterone cypionate, propionate, etc., androderm, sustanon 250: All of these are different testosterone preparations, they all have the same properties as far as hairloss is concerned: they convert to DHT via 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. That's the main reason why testosterone is so androgenic. However, if one takes testosterone along with a 5AR blocker such as Proscar it's not nearly that harmful for your hair. So, if you are concerned about hairloss and are taking testosterone, always use it along with Proscar. Take into account that DHT is an anti-estrogen and blocking it while your body has supraphysiological levels of testosterone might lead to gynecomastia, so it's advisable to combine Proscar with Arimidex (an aromatase inhibitor).

Anadrol\50 - If you value your hair, don't touch this one with a ten foot pole. Nothing seems to control its negative effects on hair. Not Proscar, Not Nizoral, nothing...

Dianabol -Same as Anadrol\50.

Primobolan - One of the less androgenic steroids. If you are concerned about hairloss this steroid is for you. It's much more anabolic than it is androgenic.

Oxandrolone (Anavar) - It's the safest steroid for your hair along with Primobolan and Deca.

Boldenone (Equipoise) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT.

DHEA - Does not negatively affect hair in men. May help prevent hair loss by offsetting the binding of DHT to follicles. The product is a Disaster for women with hair loss. DHEA causes hair loss in women much like DHT in Men. DHEA discriminates against women.

Androstenedione - The worst of all prohormones in the market. It has a low conversion to testosterone, around 5%, which is damn too low. Worse yet is the fact that, before converting to testosterone, androstenedione directly interacts with aromatase and 5AR, thus converting to estrogen and DHT prior to conversion to target hormone.. You will be far better of using testosterone than this scum.

1-testosterone - A legal steroid, at least for the time being. It's very androgenic and very anabolic. Although it's a 5-alpha-reduced steroid it converts to DHT through an unknown pathway, so using Proscar along with it won't avoid DHT conversion. Its anabolic/androgenic ratio (~(1.5-2):1) is slightly higher than that of test (1:1). Be wary while using this product if you value your hair.

As time goes on, certainly cleaner, anabolic agents will be developed. The vast majority of users I talked to, have been on Propecia/Proscar and Nizoral, myself included (amongst many other things).

Finally, take into account that you should also use topical spironolactone (2-5%) while juicing. This product directly antagonizes scalp ARs when used topically, hence it will be useful with any sort of steroid, even those that do not undergo 5-alpha-reduction.

Conclusion: The safety stack as far as hairloss is concerned would be a cycle consisting of Primobolan, Oxandrolone and Deca. Take into account that Deca, although being very mild for your hair, is not nearly as safe as oxandrolone and primobolan as far as HPTA supression and gynecomastia is concerned. If you want to play it completely safe when using steroid and avoid jeopardizing your health (and not only your hair) use cycles consisting of Oxandrolone and Primobolan.

What about Trestolone acetate hairloss. Experience hairloss from this stuff? Wondering how it would affect the hairline. I always wanted to use tren but was afraid of hairloss affects... Used test in the past but with propecia to prevent hairloss. Trestolone acetate doesnt convert to DHT but it is more androgenic than test, so im a little conserned and need some feedback.

Comment

Think i will experience hairloss with my first cycle and does it grow back?

Comment

Preventing hair loss while on a cycle

Originally posted by dude111 View Post
        What about Trestolone acetate hairloss. Experience hairloss from this stuff? Wondering how it would affect the hairline. I always wanted to use tren but was afraid of hairloss affects... Used test in the past but with propecia to prevent hairloss. Trestolone acetate doesnt convert to DHT but it is more androgenic than test, so im a little conserned and need some feedback.

Genetics play a huge role on side effects during a steroid cycle, including how much hair you will lose. Some will experience a little increase in shedding during a heavy androgenic cycle, while others will practically see clumps come out when they comb.
        Bodybuilders usually report though that it starts to thicken back weeks after the cycle is over with. The thing about male pattern baldness is that androgenic alopecia is a condition that gets worse. Just because it grows back doesn?t mean it is the same as before. That is because DHT (or any androgenic steroid) causes follicular miniaturization on hair follicles. Meaning, the hairs get progressively thinner and thinner every time, until eventually its too thin to see or stops growing completely.
        Since DHT and steroids can do irreversible damage to the hair follicles via this follicular miniaturization mechanism, the best way to prevent the damage is blocking via anti-androgens on the scalp. Two common shampoos are Spironolactone and Nizoral, that act as anti-androgens in the scalp. Nizoral 1% can be found in stores, the stronger 2% is via prescription, although over the counter in Canada. Spironolactone is found commercially as a pill taken orally, but obviously it?s anti androgen properties would counteract your steroids, so there are sites that sell it in topical solution for your hair.
        The prescriptions Finasteride (Brand names Propecia, Proscar, etc) block the conversion of testosterone to DHT via the 5AR enzyme. This will Not be helpful at all for steroid cycles consisting of Trenbolone , D-bol, Anadrol, or any other steroid besides testosterone that cause hair loss on their own. Taking Finasteride with Deca would even worsen your hair loss, since Deca converts to a very weak androgen DHN in the scalp and prostate, weaker androgenically than deca itself and these 5AR blockers would stop that conversion.
        The popular over the counter and prescription treatment Rogaine won?t do much to prevent it while on cycle. It is more for getting your hair back after the fact. Anti-dandruff shampoos with zinc pyrithione, have shown in studies to have a hair diameter increasing effect, so they should be used regularly on and off your steroid cycle for good measure. There is also some hair growth supplements available on the market.

Comment

Geez I wish there sights like this back in 1998 when I started maybe I'd still have a little bit of hair left. My first cycle was anadrol followed by Dbol and my father was bald so I had no shot lol lol

Comment

I not argue, but isnt primo & anavar straight DHT? therefore causing severe hairloss in some men that are prone to male pattern hairloss? I' m trying to figure out my next cycle and after my first one i've started shedding at that latter part of my cycle. (actually kind of freaks me out) So im trying to see what aas i can use without sacrificing my hair. I was planning test e & primo but after hearing primos damage on the hair i'm back at the drawing board. I'm trying to see what orals & injectables i can use, if anyone can help me out that would be amazing.

How does tbol/ m1t/ MHN effect hairloss? (orals)

Comment

These disease are very common and I was also in search of some good treatment for it. I found a site from where you can get full range of information about its treatment. You can get it from here alopeciamenhairloss.com

Comment

bump, just wanted some info here

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyT View Post
                  STEROIDS AND HAIR LOSS
                  Testosterone cypionate, propionate, etc., androderm, sustanon 250: All of these are different testosterone preparations, they all have the same properties as far as hairloss is concerned: they convert to DHT via 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. That's the main reason why testosterone is so androgenic. However, if one takes testosterone along with a 5AR blocker such as Proscar it's not nearly that harmful for your hair. So, if you are concerned about hairloss and are taking testosterone, always use it along with Proscar. Take into account that DHT is an anti-estrogen and blocking it while your body has supraphysiological levels of testosterone might lead to gynecomastia, so it's advisable to combine Proscar with Arimidex (an aromatase inhibitor).

Primobolan - One of the less androgenic steroids. If you are concerned about hairloss this steroid is for you. It's much more anabolic than it is androgenic.
                  Awesome post man, this was very helpful!
                  I've been doing a lot of research and trying to figure out the best first cycle for me to take. Every post that I've read suggests to take Test (E or C) only for the first cycle. Here's the cycle I'm thinking of taking:

1) Test E 500ml/week (250ml twice a week). 8 weeks total. I read that dividing it in two will help with blood levels and possibly sides.
                  2) Arimidex .5mg EOD To reduce sides and gyno

PCT Cycle
                  1) Clomid: 100mg day one. 50mg/day following 10 days
                  2) Nolva: 40 mg day one. 20mg/day following 10 days

My biggest concern though is hair loss though and since TEST is so androgenic and converts to DHT via 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, hair loss is a big concern for me. Your post mentions taking Primobolan. Would you suggest swapping the Test E and arimidex for Primobolan in this case? I've done some research to see if this is a good idea but many suggest that you should never cycle without Test.
                  What do you think?
                  Thanks again for this post!

Comment

Working...
                  X