Injuries :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries :(

i once heard someone say, "in bodybuilding, it's not what you do IF you get hurt, but what you do WHEN you get hurt". there are a lot of great things about our sport, but along with all the benefits, there are of course, a few downers too. coming off cycle sucks, spending so much on food is sometimes tough, but i don't think anything can bring me down more than an injury.

i think about this topic because right now, i'm dealing with tennis elbow. it's one of those injuries that doesn't come with a definitive moment of "oh shit, i just got hurt!". more so, it has nagged and nagged, slowly gotten worse, then a little better, then even worse, until one day, i realized i couldn't lift a coffee cup without a fair amount of pain and discomfort. now i'm in therapy for it and under the care of a great doctor who isn't afraid of treating my problem aggressively. cortisone, ice and physical rehab will have me back in shape in no time. this is not the worst injury i've ever suffered, but it sure does put a crimp in my training.

so with the topic of injuries on my mind, i wanted to start a thread asking, how have you hurt yourself and what steps did you take to overcome and return to training like an animal once more?
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

make sure you use a lot of calcium and vitamin d. weight lifting can do a lot of harm on bones. a lot of people neglect that. cause their so focused on muscle. i had a break and it put me out for awhile almost a year.
    Abomb
    Last edited by Abomb; 10-08-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abomb View Post
      make sure you use a lot of calcium and vitamin d. weight lifting can do a lot of harm on bones. a lot of people neglect that. cause their so focused on muscle. i had a break and it put me out for awhile almost a year.
      ouch, was it a break that happened during training?
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

yea compound fractured my spine i didnt start feeling it for a couple of days though then i just couldnt walk. i think it came from dead lifts 400+lbs. doc said i was going up in weight to quick after i was off for a while. going up that fast losses density plus juice with no calcium intake.

Comment

I have had a never ending battle with pain. Usually something hurts. From lower back to ankles to elbows. I've had problems everywhere. The worst was a bilateral hernia from 2 years ago. The recovery from that was very painful. Lately I have had some nagging shoulder pains.

Comment

It's interesting that you mention Tennis Elbow. I've been off of lifting for 2 weeks due to a problem with Medial Epicondylitis or "Golfer's Elbow". My treatment regimen so far includes: Applications of heat and ice throughout the day. I've continued on my lifting diet including Whey Protein shakes, creatine 10G/ED, and Glutamine 2 tsps/ED. I'm also doing 0.1 mcg of CJC-1295/ED and 0.1 mcg of GHRP 6/TID. I do a stretch that isolates the muscle by standing in front of a table with the hand on the affected side flat on the table. I rotate the hand counterclockwise until my fingers are more or less pointing toward me. I then gently lean my weight forward stretching the elbow. This has a "hurty" component to it but not severe pain. You can play with the hand rotation to specifically isolate the affected area of the elbow. Finally, I' going to the pain doc on Fri to have him inject Botox onto and around the Medial Epicondyle. I'll post sometime next week to tell you all how things are working. My regimen up to now has resulted in definite improvment. However, I still cannot place my left palm on my chest and press inward without severe inner elbow pain. From here on out, I'll be bracing both elbows when I lift.-jls

Comment

I guess I ought to mention my gear and supplement protocol: 250 mg TE/week, 270 mg Sustanon/week, 2000 mg Saw Palmetto Lipid Extract/Asatxanthin combo/ED, 2-3000 mg of Vitamin D; 2000 alone and 1000 in a calcium compound, 500 mg of Ester C/bid, 2 grams of Tonalin CLA/bid, 2 Zinc tabs/ED, 2 mg Damiana capsules/bid. Add the abovementioned creatine and glutamine. My diet has been less strict as of late but is still mostly raw and steamed meats and veggies. I add frozen fruit, Activia Yoghurt, raw spinach and raw alfalfa sprouts to my Whey Protein shakes bid (I also add 1/2 cup of reduced fat coconut milk to the AM and post-workout shakes.) For pain, I use menthol spray or tiger balm. I occasionally take 2- 50 mg tramadol with 1 naprosyn tab for days when i really hurt. Any suggestions from anyone on any gear/supplements i might add to help with the tendon healing?-jls

Comment

i injured my neck on a set of heavy squats i think i leaned a bit too far forward and the weight transferred from my back all onto my neck and popped it after that couldent do much for about 2 weeks and even after that had to go light and just now (a little over 3 weeks after the injury) i am able to workout normally again sure it's not a serious 6+ month injury but it still took me down quite a bit
                but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
                Hackleech

Comment

I was doing rows with the barbell (one end in the corner and the other with 6 plates)when the d grip slipped a little so i went to adjust my position while holding the weight suspended and pulled something in my back...brought me to my knees and had problems getting up and down out of chairs and such for the past 5 days...Ive been using heating pad and resting/laying as much as possible and im off of work so i can rest, any ideas on method s to heal up the process or anyone had similar injuries?
                  Yes I am a BEAST I swear I need to be tranquilized...Yes I am a giant and next to me you are just ankle high

Comment

ruptured disc

I think i may have ruptured a disc when i stand up or sit down a pain shoots down the back of my leg. Has anyone had this problem and could i still work upper body until it heals?
                    silverhorse11
                    Last edited by silverhorse11; 01-29-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X