Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to burn more fat during workout

How to burn more fat during workout
    I read a very interesting article from MSNBC.com just now and it tells how we can burn more fat during workout. It's simple...Don't eat before you exercise. The scientist suggest that since our body is low in food and doesn't have carbohydrates to use as energy during exercise, it will use our fat reserve as fuel instead.

A study was conducted to prove this theory and their findings were favorable. The group who didn't eat any carbohydrates during workout burned a significant amount of fat than those who ate.

This mean exercising on an empty stomach isn't so bad after all..

of course you'll lose fat, but you'll lose muscle too.
    when i diet for a show, i do cardio on empty, first thing in the morning. i take fat burners, t3 and gh, and possibly some bcaa's depending on how close i am and how lean i am. but with weight training, that just isn't going to work. you're going to risk losing a lot of muscle, not to mention, you wont have fuel to get you through the workout. at the least, i use a protein, or a protein and a fat before i train with weights.

heres the way i see it. when we train, we put ourselves in a controlled catabolic state. you have to find a balance between breaking down enough and not breaking down to much to the point that it becomes counter productive. thats why we only train for an hour or so at a time, thats why we only do so many sets and thats why we supply ourselves with protein. you could train for 3 hours with weights and probably get leaner, and do 300 sets and lose more fat, just like you could train with weights on an empty stomach, but you'd be taking it too far and it would no longer be beneficial to your lean muscle.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Smart guy!

Comment

I don't take in carbs before a workout because my body will use what was just put in last before it starts burning what is stored. If it's simple sugars it will burn that first. If i was to eat carbs before trainning it would be four hours before, so it will get into the blood stream. I don't want to battle with my body digesting food and trying to burn calories that are already stored. This works for me but everyone is different. You must find yourself and learn to read how your body respondes to carbs, protein, fat. After trainning every day but legs, I do 45- 1 hour of cardio. I have to. I know my body, that might not work for you. So find yourself. Keep records what you eat and the times you eat it really important.

Comment

Working...
        X