Best for raising Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best for raising Bench

I am working out at a Gym in a deployed location and I don't have a spotter all the time. I am trying to raise my bench 1 rp max to around 275 or so ( now at 245) but because of a lack of spotter, I think I psych myself out on a free weight bench press.

Would it be better to use a restricted squat machine and bench with that? OR go to dumbbell press?

haha my chest is growing but I stay at the same number.. I think I am worried about going up in weight or something.

thanks

I was working out in Tikrit on deployment at the MWR. I was at the same place you are at now. My workout partner and I started doing super-sets on basic exercises. What I mean is I carried a set of dumbbell (not my workout partner; LMAO) to every station on bench exercises (Flat, Incline, Decline) I would do as much weight as I could and get 6-8 reps with the bar then take 50 pound dumbbells and do as many flies as I could to failure. This was done every set. We also worked hard on our shoulders (Seated Military press, lateral raises, and lots of lat work too. If you want your bench max to go up you have to not only concentrate on your pecs but on the supporting muscle groups too. I was not on juice at the time and in three weeks my flat bench max went from 245 to 285 bro.

Comment

LOL! Just saw he was banned...I'm a dumb ass!

Comment

Working...
      X