Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and Dieting

I read a very interesting article from MedIndia and it says:

"Researchers are reporting that women who go on a diet manage to hold out for 19 days, but lose steam thereafter. They also indicated that women usually went on a diet at least three times a year."

According to the study, the most common food temptations in women are chocolates and crisp wine. But of all the participants, 50% said that chocolate was their main temptation and the danger time was between 3pm and 8pm.

What are your thoughts in this?

33colors.com

Who isn't tempted by chocolate?
    Between 3 and 8 pm is odd.
    For me it's after 10 or 11 pm.

Comment

yea, i love chocolate and am most tempted at night. my biggest temptation is peanut butter though. we actually have a lock box that the peanut butter goes in when i can't trust myself anymore. i have to let my girl keep the key and open if for me to get my serving out, or else i risk going overboard. i really have a hard time controlling myself around the stuff. it doesn't take much of the stuff to add a lot of calories.

my girl says she is most temped by oatmeal raisin cookies. she just got off of a 6 month diet for a show. she came in, in better shape than she's ever been, so take that, med-india study, lol!
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

The reason why we are tempted at night is because the way we have evolved. we used to undereat during day while we hunted. eating nuts and berries and then feasted at night. So its in our dna. Not to mention winding down at night and depression is more pronounced at night. the reason is because we start to think when we are at home after work at night. When we think we conjour things up in our mind and then take it out on eating!!! Wierd but cool stuff
        "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

Working...
        X