Questions on injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on injection

Sam, I have read your post on injections, very informative ! although I do have a couple total newbie questions though. #1 after you draw the oil with the 20ga and then put on the 25ga for the injection, do you have to push the barrel plunger up to you see a bit of oil exit the pin ? " you know like in the movie's" LOL. #2 if you had to guess how long does an injection take with a 3cc/25ga setup ? Test. cyp 250. will you know if you are rushing the injection due to pain ? I know these questions sound a little micro analysed maybe, but don't want to overlook anything while laying on floor with pants around ankles when paramedics show !LOL . Did order gear, hope it's on way.
    Thanks in advance
    Steven
    Last edited by steven; 09-27-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling

I know this was directed at sam, but I will tell you what I do.

#1 I put 1ml air in the syringe. Then I draw it back to 1.5 ml of oil and push it back down to 1ml in order to remove the air. I then pull the needle out of the vial and pull the plunger pack to get all the extra oil that is in the needle into the syringe. I replace the draw needle with the shoot needle, then push the air out until I see a little bead of oil on the tip.

#2 I take about a full min to push the oil into the muscle. It would not have to take that long, but I like to make sure that I don't have any oil leak out after.

Comment

Great, thats the info I needed. Didn't really mean to direct the question at Sam only sorry. Thanks again
      Steven

Comment

I seen to have messed up the wording on this. I push the 1 Ml of air into the vial. Then pull 1.5 ml oil out... etc.

Comment

jamready, im assuming that you still have to aspirate by drawing back on the plunger once the preped needle is in ?

Comment

Working...
          X