X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangers of Posting Photos of Your Steroid Stash Online

Dangers of Posting Photos of Your Steroid Stash Online

February 19, 2011 By Millard Baker Leave a Comment

The purchase of anabolic steroids from domestic sources and the importation of anabolic steroids from internet pharmacies is illegal in the United States. This has not deterred bodybuilders from trying to obtain steroids over the internet. Buying steroids online is an acceptable legal risk for many individuals who feel the probability of success is relatively high. They usually take every precaution to avoid getting caught but they often overlook one very important detail…

Once they pick up the package from the post office or private mail box and return home to examine their goodies, they are elated that they have apparently avoided detection by customs and/or postal inspectors. They often lay out the recently obtained steroid stash for examination and usually snap a few photos with their smartphone so they can share their successful score with their online friends in various bodybuilding and steroid forums.

What they do not realize is that they may be literally advertising their physical location to everyone who sees these photographs including law enforcement. This happens in smartphones containing GPS chips that work along with built-in cameras automatically geo-tagging the photos. (A few standalone digital camera models from Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung also include a built-in GPS receiver.)

The geotag information is embedded in the EXIF metadata providing location details of where you took the picture (of your illegally obtained steroids).

The iPhone is the most popular smartphone that automatically geotags photos taken with its built-in camera.

However, all smartphones with GPS chips do not necessarily geotag photos taken with the built-in camera and often geotagging can be disabled. For example, you can disable geotagging in the iPhone by turning off “location services”. Instructions to disable geotagging of photos for other smartphones can be found online.

Cellular phone providers will all include GPS chips in all cell phones by September 11, 2012 in order to comply with federal law.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW VIDEO...MUST SEE..!!
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105
    test

Just when you think its safe....big brother has his fist in you again...!! be safe, I also heard this on a news segment about a kidnapper that used his phone to take a picture of the hostage he was holding for ransom and sent it to the parents (and of course law officials)...they were on his ass like a dog on a bone within minutes...!!! which in that case, its great..not soo great in other situations huh...?? the main reason I won't post an avatar pic of me or for sure one that was taken with my cell phone....just my two cents.. PERHAPS THIS SHOULD BE A "STICKY"..??
    one-more
    Last edited by one-more; 02-06-2012, 04:48 AM.
    test

Comment

There's a reason i don't put any pics of me on any forum/chat rooms including conversations about activity that could be construed as illegal.

You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you!
      Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

If you don't believe it or don't understand go here ; http://whatismyipaddress.com/
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Yeah, buddy....good link ODB..!!! think everyone should be aware of this...!!! I worked with someone that was "in the know" you might say,on inteligence...he swore to me that posting certain words on the net..certian key words that I don't care to even type would have the gov. watching your ass in two seconds flat..!! don't care to find out if this is true or not...!! just sayin....
          one-more
          Last edited by one-more; 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM.
          test

Comment

http://www.wired.com/science/discove.../2006/04/70619

AT&T provided National Security Agency eavesdroppers with full access to its customers' phone calls, and shunted its customers' internet traffic to data-mining equipment installed in a secret room in its San Francisco switching center, according to a former AT&T worker cooperating in the Electronic Frontier Foundation's lawsuit against the company.
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

i do think that there are a lot of naive people out there that come to message boards, just like our board, and share way too many personal details about their life. poeple should reall think about what they're doing. at the same time, i dont think that LE is overly concerned about the average guy who is buying a cycle of gear for personal use a couple times a year. busting him is going to take a lot of man power and energy. in the end, there isn't going to be much of a pay off on that bust. so they pop one guy with some vials of test and deca, plus a few hundred dbol. that isn't going to amount to much. it isnt going to turn over more busts. it ends there. if they were really that hot to pop end people, they would have come to limo's house. he was, for the most part, an end user who decided to scam some money claiming he had stuff for sale. i personally posted up his name, address and phone number after he scammed several peeople. it's been quite awhile since that went down. several people have posted that same info all over the boards and i personally know 2 cops in his state...one in his county lol and he's still doing his thing. never been arrested for it.

i post pics. i post pics of myself. i've posted pics of cycles i've done. none of them have gps coding in them, but i've probably put out enough clues that could lead a trail back to me. thing is, the only activity i'm doing is taking gear to be competitive in bodybuilding. at the end of the day, me and most of the poeple here are really nobody when it comes to LE. i think it's still important to think about the actions your taking online, but at the end of the day, if you dont have much to hide, it probably isnt going to make much difference.
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

screw limo!!!!!! but true, better be safe then sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X