HRT and Prostate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRT and Prostate

OK, all the research I have done on HRT therapy talks about getting levels checked to make certain your within the normal levels. They also talk about not knowing the long term effects of HRT as there has not been any long term studies done. What scares me is the Prostate issues.."hypertrophy of the gland" I realize this gets enlarged with age by itself and HRT quickens the rate at which this happens. What I do find interesting is when they talk about dosing for HRT and getting levels tested, there seems to be "no" emphasis on "Estrogen" levels...??? in the bodybuilding world, everyone knows the importance of balance between the two hormones. I myself have learned a lot from f--king this up..so back to the prostate..I have read articles pertaining to high levels of Estrogen in aging men "with" low testosterone and the effects of "high Estrogen" are more scary than "low Test."...!!! one article pointed out, they don't know if the prostate problems and others noted, are from low Test. levels or the "High Estro" levels...well shit, this is helpfull....seems based on what I have read HRT is not so bad if your doc. is smart enough to even mention getting or keeping estrogen levels in check..."heres a script, Incase you start getting tits"..!! WTF..?? I know someone on HRT and all they check is Test. levels (Free and Total) what about estrogen..?? I know balance is key, I have found that out the hard way...anyway think (EVERY) article on HRT should mention the relationship between the two hormones when taking HRT thearapy...perhaps this is the danger..?? no balance or homeostasis of the two hormones... what good is (normal/high) range of Testosterone if your Estrogen is through the roof undetected....!!!?????
    Feedback please...
    one-more
    test
Working...
X