What keeps you going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps you going?

It's been really tough for me to stay motivated, but I'm doing my best. I actually carry around an old picture of me (the way I want to look again) as a reminder. I probably glance at it 10+ times a day. What works for you?

ASS!... of course...

I'm 6'2", when I was 170 the only chicks I ever seemed to have luck with were fattys.... i'm now 210 and both the quantity and quality of ass I'm able to pull has gone up in proportion to my muscularity (and confidence {which probably actually has more to do with it})... ... I figure about 20 more pounds of lean mass and one day soon my phone will ring and Megan Fox will be on the other end : p

Comment

The fact that the bigger,Leaner, And sexier I get Means eventually women will just be an extension of my penis...

LoL im not an asshole though... Just sayin

Comment

good thread.

i think, for me, my motivation has changed over time. at this point, i can recognize a lot of things that motivate me. competition is a major motivation. since i've started competing i can set goals to meet by the next show.it feels very rewarding to say, "ok, i need to bring up my legs" and then a year later, get on stage and see my physique looking more complete with better leg development.

i also love to train because of the stress relief i get from it. work can suck. life can be hard. i can be stressed out about whatever, but for that hour i have in the gym, i get to let all of that go and do something i want to do. after the workout, i am much more calm, the rest the day feels better, i have a healthy appetite, and i slep like a baby.

also, my girl is as avid about the sport. we go to the gym at the same time and eat the same diets. it's definitely helped bond us. we get each other excited about training and competition. she probably knows more about pro and national level bodybuilders than most men in your average gym!

to risk sounding cliche, bodybuilding is a way of life.
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
          ... i also love to train because of the stress relief i get from it. work can suck. life can be hard. i can be stressed out about whatever, but for that hour i have in the gym, i get to let all of that go and do something i want to do. after the workout, i am much more calm, the rest the day feels better, i have a healthy appetite, and i slep like a baby.

also, my girl is as avid about the sport. we go to the gym at the same time and eat the same diets. it's definitely helped bond us. we get each other excited about training and competition....
          totally agree on the stress reliever... I'm also high energy to begin with... if I don't do some seroius physical labor every day (my job is behind a desk) I'm bouncing off the walls and get really irritable...

... and the girl parts sounds great too... I'm trying to get my girl (not the ass pic chick) into a fitness mindset... get her educated... she's one of those girls that are afraid if she lifts weights she'll get masculine and lives on yogurt and salads... she looks good but will be much hotter if I can get her to lift and eat my way.

Comment

i was thinking, i have less girls show interest in me now than before i started lifting. alot of them seem intimidated, especially the younger ones. i've noticed that older women and black girls don't seem to be afraid though, lol.
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I think the younger girl thing is just about us getting older too... most of the girls that hit on me are 30+, they've got more confidence and are more comfortable with themselves... the younger chicks are still figuring themselves out and are intimidated by a confident man (I can imagine in your case being no shit competitive build they are even more intimidated), not to mention we just don't have anything in common, they are still busy going to the club, shaking there ass, and don't know where they are going in life...

Comment

Originally posted by atavist View Post
                I think the younger girl thing is just about us getting older too... most of the girls that hit on me are 30+, they've got more confidence and are more comfortable with themselves... the younger chicks are still figuring themselves out and are intimidated by a confident man (I can imagine in your case being no shit competitive build they are even more intimidated), not to mention we just don't have anything in common, they are still busy going to the club, shaking there ass, and don't know where they are going in life...
                i think you're right about getting older. it's sad, lol. oh well, all the more reason to try to become a freak!

Comment

Well put by everyone. As I get older the chick thing doesn't seem to matter to me one way or the other. I have everything I need right here at home, we have 2 kids together and shes still my closet wild child!!! And I have to say two Pins, ah I mean thumbs, lol lol, up to what Sam said, if nothing else theres always the quest for more Muscle!!! Train Hard and try to get a little larger than last year, thats always something to get motivated about

Comment

Basically narcissism. I look Good and just keep getting better.

Comment

Competition keeps me going. Doing whatever it takes to hurt the guy's feelings that is standing next tome on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by FILTH PIT View Post
                        Competition keeps me going. Doing whatever it takes to hurt the guy's feelings that is standing next tome on stage.
                        ouch, lol. remind me not to stand next to you!

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                          ouch, lol. remind me not to stand next to you!
                          LOL - it's all business on that stage, but at the end of the day......we're all friendly. =)

Comment

What motivates me is the constant progression and my recent divorce. I'm currently overseas right now and to be able to come back jacked and shredded and put it in her face is enough motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinbacon View Post
                              What motivates me is the constant progression and my recent divorce. I'm currently overseas right now and to be able to come back jacked and shredded and put it in her face is enough motivation.
                              I know that feelin.
                              I think when i started out at like 16 it was to do with growin up in a slightly rough area so gettin big was more to do with gettin by without hassle. It soon became an ass thing once i realised the confidence it gave me with the ladies. But i went through a nasty break up at age 20 and was heart broken.... Thats when my drive and determination went through the roof. I had that "ill show that b*tch what she lost" attitude which is when i really started training full on. I suppose i actually have alot to thank her for looking back. Im 30 now and sometimes i question myself what still drives me. I think now for me its still an ASS thing coupled with i like the confidence it brings. Also i think its a male authortive thing. Im not one to pick fights but its nice to know im packin if sh*t goes live. Brings a sense of security. I love that feeling when some guy bumps you in a bar, turns around with that bad attitude look on his face, looks you up and down changes his mind then walks away.......Yeah see ya mate.

I think confidence is a big factor for many of us. Confidence with girls, around other men or just liking what we see in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X