53 year old man has a question/needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 year old man has a question/needs some help

I'm new to this forum so I'll give you some background.

male - age 53
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    height = 6 ft.
    weight = 195 lbs.
    waist size = 36
    health = excellent
    overall condition = good+ (I can hang with any of the 25-30 year old firefighters that I train with)
    bodybuilder = no (job performance dictates I can't be too bulky)
    workout routine = religiously (for the last 4 years)
    weight training = 3 times weekly (1 hr. sessions)
    cardio = 3 times weekly-high intensity (45 min. sessions)
    diet = high protein-low fat-carbs? - 2500 calories per day
    I try to eat as clean as possible, very little fast food, pizza, etc. Just an occasional bowl of Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream. (no financial interest, I just LOVE it )
    prior steroid use = no

Here is my problem-
    Even with all of the diet, cardio, weights, and daily Fire training I cannot rid myself of my "love handles" and abdominal fat. I can't use the stimulant fat burners, but I've tried the top-of the-line (supposedly) non-stim burners such as DS Lean Xtreme. When I've used them I lost lbs. but not the fat. I don't want to lose weight as I feel comfortable at 195 lbs. I just want the fat gone!

Here is my question-
    What is the best steroid I could use to rid myself of what seems to be my perpetual love handles/abdominal fat? How long should I run it? Dosage? Any other suggestions? Needles and injections are no problem. BTW - Lipo is not an option.

Thanks from an "old guy"
    rev214
    Last edited by rev214; 01-06-2012, 08:06 PM.

Hi

Welcome to juicedmucle,

So thanks for the stats, I too had the same problem no matter what I did I could not rid my love handles then I looked in detail at what I ate and when. The key to me losing my love handles and mid rift rubber ring as I like to call it was my diet and cardio, A clean diet of around 2000 calories and cardio twice a day to keep the metabolism burning was exactly what I needed. I suspect you are thinking steroids could provide a quick fix however without a solid diet and cardio routine (Including weights) This isn't going to help you, Genetics play a big part as well.

You could look at a test only cycle or test and minstrel, Anavar etc but its hard to give you some solid suggestions unless you have tried all avenues and I suspect that with your training and diet tweaked you would see some amazing results.

I could help with diet if you need it?

Cruz
    Optimal Cruz
    Last edited by Optimal Cruz; 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM.
    There are no stupid questions just stupid answers, Please dont be asked to be spoon fed though

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks for the reply but no, I am not looking for a quick fix. My Fire training has tought me that quick fixes and shortcuts wil get you hurt or killed. Ive been working on the cadio, weights and diet for years. I cant do two cardio sessions per day because of my shifts between the Fire Dept. and Ambulance, but believe me, the structure fires, car crashes, heart attacks, along with the other misc. medical/trauma keeps my metabolism pumping.

I guess you could say that I am "grasping at straws."

Comment

Diet/cardio is really the only way to lose fat. Steroids can help you maintain or build muscle while in a caloric deficit but they don't burn fat.

Maybe an ECA stack would help.

Comment

best advise i can give you bcuz you seem to be doing enough with training and cardio is to tighten up your diet. there are a few guys on here who are great with diets and some other guys around your age that can help. something as simplke as changing when you eat some foods can make all the difference
          Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

at your age, you may have low test and qualify for hrt. that could be enough to get you where you want to be. as these guys have said, diet and cardio is going to still dictate your results, but if you have low test, that could be getting in your way. that being said, steroids dont burn fat. i've heard that test and anavar may burn a little fat but in general AAS do not burn fat. a dieting bodybuilder uses AAS to maintain muscle and stay strong while in a low calorie envoirment. you can diet harder on gear and maintain muscle with more ease than you could naturally. steroids that are used whiile cutting just tend to make you hold less water and give your muscle a harder drier look...if you are lean enough for the muscle to show. i would suggest looking into getting blood work done for your test levels.

also unless you are on a ketogenic diet, i would be almost certain that you could change your diet to get better results.there is usually always more that can be done. the question is, how much are you willing to suffer? dieting is all about sacrificing comfort for results.
            sam1976
            Last edited by sam1976; 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM.
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

with those stats especially considering ur age you probably dont have very high test levels or a very fast metabolism i think your only option is to go on a very strict diet for maybe 2 months or something like that high protein and probably no higher then 2k cals maybe someone more experianced like sam can help u put togethere a very strict diet that will help u loose the last bit of fat
              but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
              Hackleech

Comment

ya its just apart of life at that age and def gonna be a hard hurdle to get over i would listen to sam... work on ur core alot in the gym... try to add like an hr of walking a day if u can it did wonders for my mom.. some say walking is better than running just my .02

Comment

Im 65 and heres my advice.I have been training for 30 years+ and taking steroids that long also,i have been in a few contest so i know how to get lean. If you want to lose the fat around your waist you can lose weight/fat but you will weigh less which you dont want or you can build up some muscle so you can still weigh 195pounds but you will be leaner because BF will be lower. Theres no way to get rid of just the fat around your waist and not elsewhere,short of liposuction.You didnt say if they do drug screening for drugs or steroids if they do you wont be able to use much more than TRT doses,about 200mg a week of testerone. at your age im sure your test levels will be in the low range.If they dont test you can do test only,no need for other compounds for what you want to do.you can diet to keep your weight at a constant point and do 400 to 500mg of test E a week and you will gain muscle and lose fat if you stay at the same body weight,but the most effective way is bodybuilding exercises.A little extra muscle wont effect your job and will probably help you some. 4 or 5 weeks into your cycle you will look and feel much better,and can adjust your training to suit your needs and what you want to look like. train each body part once a week and you will make good gains and not overtrain. You will have to lower test after a few months and either get off completely or do TRT dose of test of about 200mg a week.at your age you might want to just stay on TRT especially if your normal test levels are low.
                  MR10X
                  Last edited by MR10X; 01-07-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

fat

Like many of our very knowledgable members said, on your age your endogenous testosterone can be low. When we grow older we generally add more fat due to a lower metabolism. There are many studies that indicate that testosterone and its analoques burn fat, these studies are done in cattle. Some are also done on humans one even seems to answer your question. I'll make an article on the blog and post it in this thread.

Oral anabolic steroid treatment decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.

Different steroidal analogues(Oxandrolone,nandrolone,Testosterone enanthate) going head to head as combatants of fat production/storage...Worth noting is oxandrolone's SUPERIORITY over test and deca in visceral and abdominal fat depletion.Ox also carried some negative sides-cholesterol scale tipping to an unfavorable balance,T-3 &T-4 suppression,as well as T levels dropping slightly.deca was actually able to REVERSE the cholesterol scale back to a favorable position,as well as reverse suppression of thyroid hormonal output(maybe a need to stack deca and oxandrolone together?)Enjoy folks...

Oral anabolic steroid treatment, but not parenteral androgen treatment, decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.

Lovejoy JC, Bray GA, Greeson CS, Klemperer M, Morris J, Partington C, Tulley R
                    Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1995 Sep 19:614-24

Abstract
                    OBJECTIVE: To compare the effects of testosterone enanthate (TE), anabolic steroid (AS) or placebo (PL) on regional fat distribution and health risk factors in obese middle-aged men undergoing weight loss by dietary means. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, carried out for 9 months with primary assessments at 3 month intervals. Due to adverse blood lipid changes, the AS group was switched from oral oxandrolone (ASOX) to parenteral nandrolone decaoate (ASND) after the 3 month assessment point. SUBJECTS: Thirty healthy, obese men, aged 40-60 years, with serum testosterone (T) levels in the low-normal range (2-5 ng/mL).

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Abdominal fat distribution and thigh muscle volume by CT scan, body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), insulin sensitivity by the Minimal Model method, blood lipids, blood chemistry, blood pressure, thyroid hormones and urological parameters.

RESULTS: After 3 months, there was a significantly greater decrease in subcutaneous (SQ) abdominal fat in the ASOX group compared to the TE and PL groups although body weight changes did not differ by treatment group. There was also a tendency for the ASOX group to exhibit greater losses in visceral fat, and the absolute level of visceral fat in this group was significantly lower at 3 months than in the TE and PL groups. There were significant main effects of treatment at 3 months on serum T and free T (increased in the TE group and decreased in the ASOX group) and on thyroid hormone parameters (T4 and T3 resin uptake significantly decreased in the ASOX group compared with the other two groups). There was a significant decrease in HDL-C, and increase in LDL-C in the ASOX group, which led to their being switched to the parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after 3 months. ASND had opposite effects on visceral fat from ASOX, producing a significant increase from 3 to 9 months while continuing to decrease SQ abdominal fat. ASND treatment also decreased thigh muscle area, while ASOX treatment increased high muscle. ASND reversed the effects of ASOX on lipoproteins and thyroid hormones. The previously reported effect of T to decrease visceral fat was not observed, in fact, visceral fat in the TE group increased slightly from 3 to 9 months, although SQ fat continued to decrease. Neither TE nor AS treatment resulted in any change in urologic parameters. CONCLUSIONS: Oral oxandrolone decreased SQ abdominal fat more than TE or weight loss alone and also tended to produce favorable changes in visceral fat. TE and ASND injections given every 2 weeks had similar effects to weight loss alone on regional body fat. Most of the beneficial effects observed on metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors were due to weight loss per se. These results suggest that SQ and visceral abdominal fat can be independently modulated by androgens and that at least some anabolic steroids are capable of influencing abdominal fat.

Comment

newwer research

Articles I posted on spotburming
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/conte...le-liposuction
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/tags/helios

Higher muscle mass but lower gynoid fat mass in athletes using anabolic androgenic steroids.

Nordström, A, Högström, G, Eriksson, A, Bonnerud, P, Tegner, Y, and Malm, C. Higher muscle mass but lower gynoid fat mass in athletes using anabolic androgenic steroids. J Strength Cond Res 26(1): 246–250, 2012

This study evaluated the relationship between anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) use and body constitution. Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry was used to measure bone mineral density (BMD, g·cm−2) of the total body, arms, and legs. Total gynoid and android fat mass (grams) and total lean mass (grams) were measured in 10 strength trained athletes (41.4 ± 7.9 years) who had used AASs for 5–15 years (Doped) and 7 strength trained athletes (29.4 ± 6.2 years) who had never used AASs (Clean). Seventeen sedentary men (30.3 ± 2.1 years) served as Controls.

Doped athletes had significantly more lean body mass (85.5 ± 3.8 vs. 75.3 ± 2.5 vs. 60.7 ± 1.9, p < 0.001) and a greater index of fat-free/fat mass (5.8 vs. 2.6 vs. 2.5, p < 0.001) compared with Clean athletes and Controls. Doped athletes also had significantly less gynoid fat mass compared with that of Clean athletes (2.8 ± 0.4 vs. 4.8 ± 0.2 kg, p = 0.02). There were no differences in BMD between the athletes (p = 0.39–0.98), but both groups had significantly higher BMDs at all sites compared with that of Controls (p = 0.01 to <0.001).
                      Thus, long-term AAS use seems to alter body constitution, favoring higher muscle mass and reduced gynoid fat mass without affecting BMD.

Comment

What most people in this modern age want is **stay young** and LOOK young, that why they use sex-hormones (HRT) and inject rhGH (Growth Hormone) this also helps to keep us lean..

Comment

as far as fat burning and aas...i still dont see it as the primary thing the steroid is going to do. i mean, it may help, but taking for the main purpose of losing fat doesnt fly for me. for fat loss alone, i'd put my money on something like ECA for the win over anavar.

Comment

Working...
                          X