Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight proportion athlete vs bodybuilder

Hey guys,

I was wondering something and thought I'd post.

As you guys probably know, most pro bodybuilders are huge and weight more or less 260lbs. And again they are large, and are massive.

Now let's compare them to pro football players... as an example... most football players also weight around 260lbs, and aren't as "massive" muscle wise. Yet are more athletic.

How do you explain the weight proportion? Since muscles do weight twice the weight of fat? Pro football players as in Linebackers, D-end aren't shredded, and don't have that low body-fat percentage..

Which has me wonder, can you actually "improve" your existing muscles while not have them grow bigger?

I'm tired so don't mind my writing. I hope it does make sense anyhow LOL
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

i wish i lived in the US so i could watch football games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

the only football over here is with a round ball, and the players are about 140-180lbs 180lbs being an absolute maxxxxxx broooooooos

Comment

soccer players are pussies.... fall for nothing nd cry like babies.

back to the topic anyways? ^^
      xamo
      Last edited by xamo; 12-16-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I was wondering something and thought I'd post.

As you guys probably know, most pro bodybuilders are huge and weight more or less 260lbs. And again they are large, and are massive.

Now let's compare them to pro football players... as an example... most football players also weight around 260lbs, and aren't as "massive" muscle wise. Yet are more athletic.

How do you explain the weight proportion? Since muscles do weight twice the weight of fat? Pro football players as in Linebackers, D-end aren't shredded, and don't have that low body-fat percentage..

{{{{{{{Which has me wonder, can you actually "improve" your existing muscles while not have them grow bigger?}}}}}}}}

The answer is yes. Basically you can do what ever you set your mind on doing.. Pro-Bodybuilders for example, they concentrate on packing on as much muscle as possible while the NFL players try to have the "body weight" so they just don't get thrown all around the field. Their main goals are to be as strong as possible ,maintain agility while weighing a certain amount.. Pro-Bodybuilders can also transition and make a pretty good running back or some of the taller ones can do pretty well as a line backer. All is possible... Good question Xamo, Thanks bud!

Comment

What's the difference in routines? As far as weightlifting is concerned? More powerlifting/strongman techniques and less single targeted muscles bodybuilding lifting?

How do you keep an existing mass and improve to strengthen it?

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
            What's the difference in routines? As far as weightlifting is concerned? More powerlifting/strongman techniques and less single targeted muscles bodybuilding lifting?

How do you keep an existing mass and improve to strengthen it?
            I talked with a fella a few years back, This guy was playing arena football and waiting on being signed by NFL. Anyways, I talked with him in my gym for a bit about his training.. We compared the differences... He told me they deadlift (low reps) They did alot of the power 5's technique... Basically trained like a power lifter and did alot to maintain agility. To me a football player "lineman-linebacker" Is kinda like a strong-man, You know, like the guys we watch on T.V. hahahaha Bottom line is you can keep existing size you have now and improve strength.. That routine I sent ya, Basically kinda like that but concentrate more on the 6-4 rep ranges...... Power sets!!

Comment

i have a question how long do u have to be a member ,me before u a jr. member? anyone.

Comment

So.. you came on this forum to earn a "forum title"? come on...

Comment

why ask that in here, this discussion is about football players bro!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X