Running clomid on cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running clomid on cycle

Theres a thread on one of the uk forums debating whether you could get benefits from running clomid on cycle ,anyone done this or know anyone thats done it

''Clomiphene citrate [aka clomid] (CC) may be used as an alternative treatment in these patients with hypogonadism when maintenance of fertility is desired. This study shows that CC is a safe and efficacious drug to use as an alternative to exogenous testosterone. Not only have we validated previous findings of other papers but have proven our findings over a much longer period (mean duration of treatment 19 months). This prospective study is the largest to date assessing both the objective hormone response to CC therapy as well as the subjective response based on a validated questionnaire.''

''CC was commenced at 25?mg every other day and titrated to 50?mg every other day.''

''All mean testosterone and gonadotropin measurements significantly increased during treatment''

''There were no major side effects recorded''

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044663

I know many are worried about taking clomid for greater than 3-4 weeks, but given that this study was 19 months with no major side effects, I would suspect that using it for the duration on cycle (eg 8-12+ weeks) is relatively safe.

How Clomid works in men

And here's a useful link and nice picture included in the article that xxxxx posted on clomid and it effects on males

http://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/...-works-in-men/

Clomid ON cycle

I have not come across a single study using clomid on cycle, nor have I seen any on cycle bloods from people using it BUT logically, the anecdotal evidence and mechanism is compelling. We know that androgens and oestrogens are capable of suppressing endogenous LH (and FSH) production and using the anti-E clomid tackles the oestrogen side.

One issue I am unsure of is the impact of the surplus on androgens suppressing the negative feedback loop whilst the clomid boosts it. Like a tug of war, whether a higher dose is needed or not, but anecdotally and by xxxxxxx recommendation, 50mg eod (every other day) seems to be a good place to start.
    Last edited by capo; 12-16-2011, 11:57 AM.

i personally wouldnt run any other meds on cycle, unless i really really needed to! one reason being cost, the other reason being none of the vets on here, aka sam or mbig have told me to do so!

sure it may be fine to do so, but if they have succeded without it, is there any point?

i could be wrong but just my opinion

Comment

This is a very intresting topic. I do know that when using deca or tren with test that you cannot use nolvadex and clomid has been reccomended in its place. Most stay away from clomid for just one reason. It has been known to take a toll on your emotions, I have experienced this first hand. In the end you need to know the chemicals that you are putting in your body and know if there is anything that will react negativly to them. Clomid has been used on cycle it's just not that popular. Great links Capo
      Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Comment

indeed very interesting!
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Working...
        X