Headaches and lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches and lifting

So I was at the gym last Friday doing squats. I did two sets of 315 for 10 reps, two sets of 405 at 10 reps, then droped down to 225 for a deep 20 burnout. Around rep 12 on the 225 my head started pounding! I blew it of and lifted through the pain to 20. My head was hurting so bad that I was not able to complete my legs day. I rested up through the weekend and went back to work on Monday. I was working chest doing 4 sets of 315 on the bench. On set 3 my head started pounding again, I was pissed! I kept going and moved on to my tri's. By this time my head was hurting so bad that i decided to go to the hospital. They did a spinal tap and ct scan to try to and figure out what the hell was wrong with the bean. They said that they were at a loss but that I may have a weakining in the arterial walls in my brain. They also said that the ct scan should have shown it but did not so they pumped me full of five different pain meds through my IV then wrote me a script for some percos and sent me on my way. It has not gone away. Last night I was pounding one (screwing lol) of my lady friends and the headache came back. I finished like a champ would and layed down as she put an ice pack on the back of my neck. What the hell is wrong with me?! I am going back to the gym tonight. I refuse to give up mid cycle, but I would like to know if anyone has gone through this and what they did to get past it.
    Jelly bean
    Last edited by Jelly bean; 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM.
    Never mistake kindness for weakness...

electrolytes imbalance?
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
      electrolytes imbalance?
      I have thought that. I am currently trying to flush by over hydrating. This is also the first time I have ran D-bol. I noticed that just taking the d-bol gave me a headache the first few times. I was almost done with the d-bol so I just stopped taking it all together. Any other ideas out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly bean View Post
        I have thought that. I am currently trying to flush by over hydrating. This is also the first time I have ran D-bol. I noticed that just taking the d-bol gave me a headache the first few times. I was almost done with the d-bol so I just stopped taking it all together. Any other ideas out there?
        I know a guy who was taking d-bol as a part of his stack and during lifting as you had mentioned he experienced head aches in the back of his head. He had head aches that started in the back of his head and radiated down the back of his neck. He stopped taking it because it elevated his blood pressure... Maybe try dropping it and see what happens?

Comment

Mbig ur absolutey right its the dbol which gives u high blood pressure dbol did that to me I would get them so bad my work outs ended quick high blood pressure and straining will give u headaches either lower the dose or drop dbol all,together see if that works

Comment

It can be caused by High Blood pressure also, which is a side effect of aas.
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Well I did drop the d-bol. It has been the only thing that I had ever done different. BP was 139/77 when I went to the ER. Not too bad but not too good either. The pain in my head is still there and I can feel it more when I move it around. It's like my brain it swishing around in my skull and causing me pain. These are jacked up times! I need to lift heavy to compete and I am hendered from doing so at the moment.

Comment

So I just finished up my legs day at the gym and took some extra precautions. I took some acetaminophen and used an ice pack on the back of my head before each set. It worked great! Just to make sure it was not by chance I took my squat up to 495 for a set of 10. I think Im done with dbol though LOL

Comment

I had similar problems when running dbol. Blood pressure headaches are typically located in the back of your head, just somethinig to consider when trying to figure out what the cause is.

Comment

a safe way to drop blood pressure is to get yourself a garlic supplement...i always take some when when i know my pressure is gunna go up
                    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Originally posted by Luke wright
                      As well as i know there is no connection between the Headaches and the liftings.The main point which i noticed that when you will do the gym your all the muscles are going to be strecthed that's why for the sometime you have the headache.
                      What exactly are you saying? You get headaches from stretched muscles? hahahaha

Comment

I had the same problem. I thought it was dehydration and other things. it didnt go away after a week so i went to my chyro they said I pinched my nurve in my neck. she adjusted me and bam. Never came back.

Comment

Also could be to much preassure on the c4 c5 spinal disc one controls blood flow and the other is fir movement I do get them two mixed up but I do no one of them control blood preasure

Comment

Just following up--after dropping the Dbol I continued to workout (bitching out is for the bitches lol) I used an ice pack on the back of my neck between sets and lowered the weight for a few weeks. Little by little the pain stopped coming back. Now I'm back to squating 500 for sets of 5 and dumbell presses with the 150's for sets of 5 to fail. Dbol is great for most but not for me lol

Comment

Working...
                            X