How often to train each body part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often to train each body part

For some time now I've been training each body part once a week. Two days on a day off two days on (Dorian Yates). It works pretty good on or off cycle for me. I was thinking if it would be better to do at least the larger muscles more often. I don't think I ever overtrain any muscle like some of the youngsters I see at the gym. (Endless sets and reps on their biceps, etc).
    Anyway I was wondering what everyone is doing as far as training body parts, how often? I'm sure you guys have done it several different ways. I'd like to know what you personally think works best for you.
    sigpic

i had posted this somewhere else

Minimum rest for all muscles is obviously 48 hours. However, I've noticed that some muscles needed more time than others in order to recover, that after an intensive time at the gym.

lower body (including legs and glutes) I usually need 3 to 5 days rest after an intensive HIIT / athleticism training. I don't do weight lifting besides squats with legs.

mid, as in abs, and lower back I noticed that I could work EOD, I've been told many times that ABS could be trained everyday but I'm not sure what kinda moron that was to say that as everyday would lead to overtraining, no exception.

Upper body, as in back and chest I can pretty much do it EOD as well, though I prefer to give it 3 to 4 days to make sure I recover well.

As for the arms, biceps I'm not gonna lie I could work them EOD but I'd rather mix it up a lil so I don't do it. As for my triceps that I actually need 3 to 5 days as well.. it's kinda weird.

I'm sure everyone is different but that pretty much is my time for recovery.

One thing I can say for sure, that is for EVERYONE is the 48 hours minimum mark, and that for ABS too.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

i agree with xamo im young but i do 18 to 25 different exercises a day when im not in the mood i do 12 to 15 but i workout 4days out of the week and rest 3 days i mean be lazy rest an ull see yout muscle ach on day 2 lol an on day 3 feel so much better but soon im goin to be working out 5 days out of the week and rest 2 days so yeah everyone different
      Go hard or Go home the world is filled with wimps we don't need them in the gym

Comment

you do 18-25 exercises a day???? Is it just me or does anyone else think that is a lot.....Maybe it depends on what you are trying to do. I like to focus on 1 or maybe 2 muscle groups a day. For instance, when I do Chest I usually do chest with calfs. I do maybe 6-7 chest exercises and 2-3 calf.....18-25 at the gym is crazy to me.....Sometimes I do a type of cardio/no weight circuit training, but i still think 18-25 is high
        Lead me, Follow me, or get the hell out of my way!

Comment

its alot but i do only 2 sets of 10 o 12 and it depends on how heavy the weight is i like 15 to 18 exercises feel some pain in my body just hoping its good pain not the bad one lol
          Go hard or Go home the world is filled with wimps we don't need them in the gym

Comment

Hm if it's pain then it's not good... you should tell the difference...
            Ain't no use in lookin' down
            Ain't no discharge on the ground
            Ain't no use in lookin' back
            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

On, I like 4 on 1 off. Hitting the first 2 days bodyparts twice a week and it rotates each week.

Example: Monday: Chest, Tris, Tuesday: Quads, Wednesday: Shoulders/Traps/HAMSTRINGS, Thursday: Back and Bis. Friday: Off. Saturday: Chest and Tris, Sunday: Quads, Monday: Shoulders/Hamstrings, Tuesday: Back and Bis. Wednesday: off Thursday: Chest and Tris, Friday: Quads, Saturday: Shoulders/traps/hamstrings, Sunday: back and Bis. Monday off. Repeat.

You're routing two routines every week and hit the same every other twice.

Off, Monday : Chest, Tuesday: Quads/Hamstrings Wednesday: off Thursday Shoulders/Traps Friday: Back, Saturday: Bis and Tris.
              Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

Their is no Holy Grail of workouts. It reallt depends on YOUR Body. Some guys train 7 days a week hit 2x wk no prob, some do once a week + both grow. (It also depend on your age + aas use.) I know beginners who do well on a whole body workout session 2xwk.

I grow well on 3days a week (it is 45-60mins High Intensity) = Mon - Chest/Back ,Wed - Delts, Bis/Tris + abs ,Thur - Legs. (i do not count cardio as workout).
                I can do more when I'm ON. (I'm 41)
                "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Working...
                X