Wrist Rehab exercises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist Rehab exercises?

Anyone know some solid wrist work outs, that are more on the rehabilitative side? I had to have part of my joint lining removed back in July because it was apparently growing when it shouldn't have been, and then it started to get pinched whenever I moved or used my hand/wrist. That led to a lot of pain so I had to get it cut out. Now that it's gone, it still isn't fully better and I've yet to be able to get a solid workout in before my wrist gives out.

I'm trying to get back into the gym in full-force as soon as I can, but it's December and it still isn't able to hold up for more than 4-5 reps of un-weighted dips, so I think I need to get some solid rehab in for it considering I'm kinda scared to go underneath a bar and have my wrist give. Anyone have any ideas? Being out of the gym from June-Now is freaking killing me!

I've had issues with wrist pain...try doin wrist curls with VERY LIGHT weight, maybe just the bar even. Those old school spring grips(if u can tolerate them). You can always try wrappin them for support

Comment

Yeah I tried wrapping them and it helped some. I'll give the no weight wrist curls a try, that's one thing I haven't done yet. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Try these out brother......

Fist Roll

The fist roll engages and stretches the muscles of the fingers, hands and wrists. Sitting comfortably, extend your arms in front of your torso with your hands palms front and fingers up toward the ceiling. Spread your fingers as wide apart as you can. Beginning with the pinky finger, slowly close your fingers one at a time into a fist, wrapping your thumb around your fingers. Holding a gentle fist, circle your wrists to the inside 10 times then switch and circle to the outside 10 times. Slowly open your fist thumb first, extending every finger as long and wide as you can. When your hand is open, stretch the fingers wider and hold for five counts. Repeat the entire sequence three to four times.

Finger to Wrist Stretch

The finger to wrist stretch lengthens the muscles and tendons of the fingers, hands, wrists and forearms. Begin this exercise sitting comfortably in proper upright posture. Extend your arms straight in front of your torso, with a slight bend in your elbows---do not lock the elbow joints. Flip your palms to face up toward the ceiling and place your left palm on top of your right palm. Gently push your right hand down so your fingers are pointing toward the floor, stretch as far as you can from your forearm to your fingers. Release the stretch and repeat on the left hand. Do five to eight full repetitions.

And of course...

Wrist Curl

You can do a wrist curl with light weights or without; talk with your doctor about what is best for your rehabilitation. Begin a wrist curl sitting in upright posture, shoulders over hips and away from your ears. Keeping your back tall, lean forward slightly and place your forearms on your upper thighs, so your hands are hanging over your knees. Place your palms up toward the ceiling, hold a light weight or make a fist and curl your hands up toward your forearms. Repeat the motion five to eight times, building up to 10 to 15.

Comment

Definitely going to start doing those exercises as well F.I.S.T. Thanks a ton brother! Can't wait to get back to lifting full force again

Comment

Working...
          X