Beachbody programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beachbody programs

Hey guys, I just wanted to give my opnion on several beachbody programs as I've tried a few of them...

for those of you who don't know them look them up on youtube?

I'm gonna start by Insanity and Turbofire. Those two programs were made for you to lowering your body fat percentage. They are High Intensity Interval Plyometrics for the majority of the work outs which as said is pretty harsh on joints and bones. I've found that your diet must be top of the line as well if you don't want to lose more muscle mass than fat.

IMO those work outs are mainly for people who are already fit, and not "that" heavy. Doesn't matter whether you are only muscles or not, if you're heavy you're gonna harm yourself more than actually get the benefits from these two programs. Not to mention that it kinda was hard on my lower back as well.

I wouldn't recommend these two programs personally but that's just me. Insanity has some weight training program as well but IMO it's not worth it.

P90X
    now.

P90x is a mixed weightlifting/body weight kinda 90 days program. I've tried and completed it and it gives amazing results as long as getting lean and building a strong ass core is your aim. You'll work on all muscle groups, do yoga and stretching.. to doing slow novice cardio to HIIT. Plymetrics to kickboxing...

They mainly use bodyweight beside when working on arms .. but then you have to realize they are intense an hour work outs each. An example is the video called Back and Biceps. You will have little to no rest in between exercises and that for an hour. You'll build amazing resistance and endurance which is what I've always aimed but little mass. You'll definitely get better, get stronger but it'll be a much slower process than if you were doing low reps & heavy weights ...

I do however recommend P90x as I believe it to be an amazing routine. You can achieve remarkable and noticeable changes to your body in only 90 days as well. Well that if your diet follows as well.

A new P90x is about to come out and I'm sure it'll be amazing as well. It is said to be much harder than its predecessor so it's definitely gonna be the shit.

I forgot to mention as well, P90x only requires dumbbells or strength cables, as well as a pull up bar. Other than that you don't need shit. OK maybe a yoga mat but that's it so for those who can't afford a gym or rather stay home well that's pretty good..

So anyway here it is
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

When I did P90x I lost too much weight. So for people trying to really gain muscle. This really is not a good program for building lots of muscle, unless you skip cardio days.
    Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

All depends on your diet, if you know what to eat post work out to refuel your muscles you can do the cardio that goes with it

Comment

I did Insanity and lost tons of strength. It was horrible. My legs hurt the entire time and every day I got a little weaker.

I was doing insanity at 5am and lifting at 5pm. I wouldn't ever do it again.

My wife bought it and she never sticks to anything so I told her I would do it as long as she did. She quit a little after 30 days and I was happy to stop also

Comment

Insanity isn't for everyone

Comment

But your loss in strength isn't due to the program but a bad diet.

Comment

Working...
            X