Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanted to lose weight for football next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to lose weight for football next year?

I played DT and OT this year, but next year I wanna move from Defensive Tackle to Defensive End. I also really just want to lose weight so I can look a lot better. My question is, is there any recommended diet for my problem? I would like to lose weight, maybe drop 10-20 pounds, but I also am trying to keep my muscle together. Of course I am going to workout, my football team makes working out important, but I think I need a diet to get this weight loss started. I really just wanna get faster, and have more of a muscle base. Thank you so much if you can help!
    Get Pregnant Quickly

First off Plyometrics are gonna be your best friend. Then well it depends what are your stats? also work out schedule etc?
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

hone in on your diet man, get rid of excess carbs and fats such as fast foods and friend foods, no sugars like soda and candy. eat smaller meals maybe 5-8 a day depending on your schedule and everything. for building muscle the idea is to have 2 grams of protein for every pound of body weight you have. a diet i hope to work towards soon will look a little like this:
      Meal 1:
      6 Egg Whites
      2 Whole Eggs
      1 serving Veggies
      40g-60g Oatmeal (depends on if I'm low or high carb)
      Meal 2: Pre Workout
      35g Carbs in the form of Brown Rice
      3oz Broccoli
      6oz Chicken (or Turkey or Fish)
      Meal 3: Post-Workout
      1.5 scoops Whey Isolate
      1-2 scoops Vitargo (depends on carb day)
      Meal 4:
      35- 70g of Carbs (Brown Rice or Yam)
      1 serving Broccoli
      1 serving Chicken or Steak
      Meal 5:
      2 scoops 100% Gold Standard
      Meal 6:
      1 serving Tuna Salad with Olive Oil
      Meal 7:
      5oz Turkey, Chicken or Fish
      1 serving Broccoli

this is a cutting cycle so maybe something similar to what you are looking for. but the over arching theme is to just be discipline and of course don't forget to get on the treadmill and do some cardio. if you can do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach so you know you're truly burning fat and not what's in your stomach. good luck man!

Comment

He's gonna need a lot more carbs if he wants to play D-End, especially if he continues to play football while cutting. Personally I wouldn't suggest usual cardio.. do athleticism, track and field, anything with jump trainings.. that's what a D-End is all about, to be and react quickly.

And cardio on an empty stomach for an athlete is the worst one can do..

Your cutting will be slow but you want to do it right, you want to make a deficit, preferably at the end of the day as well. You want to make sure to re-feed your muscles after each work out and training as well..

You probably are the same morphology I am. So I'd say on training days up your calories to 3800, and work from there... 200g carbs for a start, 400g protein, then tweak your own diet looking at how you feel before and after trainings, if you see that you don't have enough energy then up your carbs and cals, if you see that you gain fat then lower your carbs but start from a point and tweak your own thing.
        xamo
        Last edited by xamo; 11-25-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

he's gonna become more explosive and agile as he drops weight, i'd want to drop the weight first and then concentrate on the sprints, box jumps, ladder work and other speed training. it's also going to lesson the chance of injury. but this all depends on his stats and if this is high school versus college. you don't have to be big to play defensive end in high school or even college for that matter, you just have to have a good motor and technique

Comment

true true didn't think of that

Comment

Running as in jogging has no purpose in football. They don't train for long distance endurance but for explosive short distance runnings. Which yuo gain from doing plyometrics and track & field.

Comment

Working...
              X