Pull ups vs high intensity kipping pull up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull ups vs high intensity kipping pull up

I wanna know your opinion on the subject.. personally I like kipping pull ups because I like to train and use several muscles/areas at once.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

kipping? i do all types of pull ups but i don know the names of them.. a lil more info buddy plzz

Comment

They are the ones crossfit challengers do.

here's a video..

http://youtu.be/gmxSxwjAWVE
      xamo
      Last edited by xamo; 11-04-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

i think it's bullshit lol i cant see how there would be any advantage to this sure ur involving ur legs and shit a bit but it's not like u can get any extra growth from this in ur legs or w/e infact u will get less growth in ur back lats area which is what this is suppose to be for dont short change one body part to slightly work another

edit
        i have never done this exercises and there could be something i'm missing so i could be wrong
        but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
        Hackleech

Comment

I like to keep it old-school.. Strict Lat-pull up is the only way to go if your trying to hit the Lats. I couldn't say what that hits doing a Kip?? You heard the guy say it comes from the hip. So I don't know about that......
          Look at the guy whos instructing the movement...He don't have much of a back....Stick to what builds muscle..
          mbig245
          Last edited by mbig245; 11-04-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Looks like you use a lot of momentum so theres no advantage to this for muscle growth. Aenarobically it might be great for toning and losing fat but not size or strength.

Comment

Personally I've found that it does put more strain on my forearms and core muscles than on my actual shoulders and back, mainly mid, lower back and abs, heart rate elevates fast as well, especially when you move on from exercise to exercise.. but yep you're right, doesn't seem to be efficient for building a strong upper back

Comment

im way too concerned with doing any kind of "jerky" movements with my shoulders. esp when you are saying you dont get alot in your back from it
                Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

This looks ridiculous, I can't see how this is going to help, Too much swaying and not enough isolation -
                  There are no stupid questions just stupid answers, Please dont be asked to be spoon fed though

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                  X