Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nolva vs Clomid, Why you should use both!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolva vs Clomid, Why you should use both!

This was posted by my friend Bertuzziat ChemicalMass.

Now, I have seen a lot of this Nolva only talk on this board especially as of recent. I was gonna do my own write up and supply case studies to support my information but I simply do not have the time. I do however have access to some wonderful information regarding this that I will now post. For the record none of this is my own wording nor did I do the research on the case studies. I do however trust the individual it came from.

This was written by a man known as Pheedno

My post cycle therapy consists of a three compound administration which is designed so that there is a *****ry and secondary LH stimulator which both are maximizing potential early in the duration; with the *****ry being phased out in extended protocol. With the addition of an Aromatase Inhibitor, which makes the above possible, the individual will also endure less of an increase in Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, which allows free testosterone levels to reach base line at a much quicker pace. The individual will also see less of a problem in most cases with sexual libido as the bounding SHBG is controlled(to an extent). Below you will find my suggested bare minimum, as well as a sample of an extended protocol. Extended PCT protcol is cycle length dependant so the below is not the standard for all cycles

PCT for cycles 8-16wks:
    Day 1-30- .25mg L-dex + 100mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva

Extended protocol sample for a 12+ month cycle:
    Day 1-15_ .25mg L-dex + 100mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva
    Day 16-45_.25mg L-dex + 75mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva
    Day 46-65_.25mg L-dex + 20mg Nolva
    Day 66-80_.25mg L-dex

Now IMO, selective estrogen receptor modulators(SERMs) such as Clomiphine and Tamoxifen are selective to which tissues they bind too. Clomid being selective to the suprapituitary, while Tamox is selective to breast, bone, and liver ERs. I've come to this conclusion based on the comparison of studies on both SERMs. In every study showing benefit to HPTA from tamoxifin, the duration of the administration is 3-12months(This includes studies cited by William Llewellyn in his Nolva vs Clomid article). In studies showing levels of LH, FSH, and Testosterone checked after short durations of tamox, they were either insignificant, or their was an actual drop. I believe this is because tamox selectively works at the mammery(as well as bone and liver), thus taking longer for LH stimulation to occur.
    With clomid, benefit to gonadotrophin concentrations, LH, FSH, and serum testosterone can be seen in short periods of 2-6wks. Because of the apparent selective nature of the two, and given our usual PCT duration, clomid is by far superior at LH stimulation than Nolva. Now both is the wise choice for a couple of reasons:

1. Nolva acts as the preventive measure to the estrogen flux
    occured PC while clomid is the *****ry LH stimulator(Even more so in the case an AI is not used).
    2. If your running a longer PCT, clomid needs to be discontinued after a while as it has been shown to desensitize GnRH, this due, IMO, to it's selective nature to the suprapituitary. In the longer forms of PCT, the clomid will be phased out, leaving Nolva and L-dex

Arimidex(or L-dex)
    Estrogen is the main inhibitence of restoring HPTA, and AI administration has been shown to increase gonadotrophin concentrations and serum Testosterone by up to 50%. In addition, by adding L-dex, the inhibitence of excess estrogen allows Tamox to work greater at LH stimulation in the begining stages of PCT, since the need to prevent binding in the mammery is lessened by the reduction in estrogen biosynthesis

Here's a post I wrote on another board. Thought I would bring it here to JuicedMuscle.

I used to be a 3 wk nolva pct guy, but the more I look at it and do research, I'm beginning to believe my old way of thinking was completely wrong.
    We put hundreds or thousands of dollars into our cycles and think of pct as an afterthought. In reality, we should be putting just as much effort into pct as are cycle. Hell, what's the use of gaining 20 lbs of mass if you aren't going to retain it.

I'm a strong proponent of hcg for pct if done correctly. This means to start it 2 to 3 wks before the end of cycle and run it up until you start the rest of your pct( Serm's and AI's) No need to run it along with these, because hcg is only for artificially jump starting your LH level.

Here's something I'd recommend after a first real cycle.

This is based on a 12 wk long ester cycle..ie test enth or cyp.

Wk 11-12 HCG 500iu e3d
    Wk 13-14 HCG 500iu e3d( this is the few wks between your last injection and starting traditional pct)
    Wk 15 -16 Clomid 100mg ed/ Nolva 30mg ed
    Wk 17-18 Clomid 50mg ed/ Nolva 20mg ed
    Wk 15-20 Arimidex .25mg ed

If you start having emotional problems after starting the Clomid, either lower the dose or cut it out completely.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by two_slug View Post
      Here's a post I wrote on another board. Thought I would bring it here to JuicedMuscle.

I used to be a 3 wk nolva pct guy, but the more I look at it and do research, I'm beginning to believe my old way of thinking was completely wrong.
      We put hundreds or thousands of dollars into our cycles and think of pct as an afterthought. In reality, we should be putting just as much effort into pct as are cycle. Hell, what's the use of gaining 20 lbs of mass if you aren't going to retain it.

I'm a strong proponent of hcg for pct if done correctly. This means to start it 2 to 3 wks before the end of cycle and run it up until you start the rest of your pct( Serm's and AI's) No need to run it along with these, because hcg is only for artificially jump starting your LH level.

Here's something I'd recommend after a first real cycle.

This is based on a 12 wk long ester cycle..ie test enth or cyp.

Wk 11-12 HCG 500iu e3d
      Wk 13-14 HCG 500iu e3d( this is the few wks between your last injection and starting traditional pct)
      Wk 15 -16 Clomid 100mg ed/ Nolva 30mg ed
      Wk 17-18 Clomid 50mg ed/ Nolva 20mg ed
      Wk 15-20 Arimidex .25mg ed

If you start having emotional problems after starting the Clomid, either lower the dose or cut it out completely.

Hope this helps.
      Great post with some good info.

Comment

Wow, nice read brotha. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X