Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein

I understand that protein is esstienal when looking at the muscle building process esp. when you are using gear but my question is how much is enough? What are all of you out there using. I currently am under the impress that I should be taking in 1.5 grams per lb I want to be. Is this correct? Any help anyone!?

Both carbs and protein are necessary for muscle building.. I aim 200g good carbs, 400g protein daily, but that's me..
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

1 gram of carbs and 2 grams of protein for every pound you weigh should be good for you. IMO. make sure you are working hard at that though or you will get fat. STUDY the right carbs to eat and when!
      Knowledge Is Power

Comment

Ok, Say I weigh 200lb. That's 400 g protein. Now is that only achieved through supplementation with
        shakes ? If I ate meat that would be about 14.3 oz. Is that correct ? Or do I need to figure the protein
        content of the meat ?

Comment

Originally posted by desty236 View Post
          Ok, Say I weigh 200lb. That's 400 g protein. Now is that only achieved through supplementation with
          shakes ? If I ate meat that would be about 14.3 oz. Is that correct ? Or do I need to figure the protein
          content of the meat ?
          Hints the word,supplementation. I have 2 protein shacks a day, 1 after workouts..60grams of whey and before bed I'll do a casein protein. (30-50 grams)
          Alot of people try to get half of their intake from protein drinks, I don't agree with that. I get most of mine through eating,and its about every 2hrs.
          As far as measuring your meats and all, you need to figure up your volume of meat to know the protein content.

Comment

I found eggs whites to be cheap compared to other sources of protein. Instead of shakes it could be a nice alternative.
            Ain't no use in lookin' down
            Ain't no discharge on the ground
            Ain't no use in lookin' back
            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

i eat about 50g of protein every 2 hrs, most of which are from solid food sources. that is regradless of my goals. i will alter my fat and carb intake to reach my goals.
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by mbig245 View Post
                Hints the word,supplementation. I have 2 protein shacks a day, 1 after workouts..60grams of whey and before bed I'll do a casein protein. (30-50 grams)
                Alot of people try to get half of their intake from protein drinks, I don't agree with that. I get most of mine through eating,and its about every 2hrs.
                As far as measuring your meats and all, you need to figure up your volume of meat to know the protein content.
                damn mbig u eat 2 shacks full of protien each day? thats some serious protien right there
                but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
                Hackleech

Comment

Originally posted by hackleech View Post
                  damn mbig u eat 2 shacks full of protien each day? thats some serious protien right there
                  Yea, it gets crazy sometimes!! Well, it gets costly... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by desty236 View Post
                    content of the meat ?

- Figure the protein content for example 1 cup; chicken breast = 38gP , whole eggs = 31gP - follow Sam + mbig's advise just eat protein every 2 hrs + combine a couple protein shakes each day. (that should put u @ or close to 400g).

I have a hard-gainer drinking protein shakes with his meals (instead of water or milk) + he put on 6lbs in 1-1.5 months (during football conditioning season)
                    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Working...
                    X