Diet has stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet has stalled

Well ive bin on my new cutting diet for about 4 weeks now got good results the 1st 2 weeks but have slowed down.
    Would love some imput on it if possible.
    Meal 1
    6 egg whites half cup green beans
    Meal 2
    same as above
    Meal 3
    same as meal 2
    Meal 4
    45g protein shake creatine 2 strwaberries
    Meal 5
    same as meal no creatine
    Meal 6
    10 oz top sirloin, 4 oz yam, 1 cup green beans
    Meal 7
    same as meal 6 without yam

Im also doing 2 weeks of clen the 2 off to try an aid the fat loss. Now i did loose alot in the first 2 weeks around 15 lbs the first week and another 10 the second and no im not a fat ass either at 6ft4 was 235 which is normal for a gym rat. Now i cant get the scale to budge and for the most part i look the same in the mirror just a tad more vascular.

Is my diet out of whack i thought it was the top sirlions fat that might be slowin it down so switched to round or salmon im out of ideas any help would be great.

it looks like a very restricted diet, i don't even think you meet your minimum intake daily... and that's why you're stalling imo
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Im guessing the strawberries adn creatine meal is PWO?

You need to cycle carbs up and down systematically throughout the week, your body is slamming into homeostasis because your diet approach is linear not cyclic.
      something like 5 low 2 high would be a good start.

Comment

my min cals for resting is like 2100 without working out im sitting at about between 1800-2k a day sunday is my day off so i dont eat the shakes on that day either so sunday is like 1500.

So for 5 high 2 low shld i keep what im doing now for say sat & sun and slowly up my carbs say 25/50g for a bit?

Should i be focusing on more carbs or fats or both. Should i maybe throw sirlion back in the mix i do miss it can i go with like red potatoes instead of yams or even white rice. portion sizes arent a concern seeing as i can follw a fairly strick diet but i dont want to have to retake more fat off ith e process.
        Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

And i see is 5 low 2 high my bad

Comment

you are 6'4... even to lose weight I'd say 2100 isn't enough... 1500 definitely isn't enough .. :/ steaks imo is for mass, stick to chicken or turkey for fat loss...

Comment

Ya 1500 feels real low, but tbh i can hit the gym on 1800 cals and do 2 hrs np with cardio. I guess ill slowly increase , should i increase just over all carbs,protein and fats im alrdy eating roughly 300 to 350 g of protein but my carbs and fats are well below 60 a day.

Comment

if your goal is to lose bodyfat i'd say keep your carbs to a minimum, increase your cals and proteins.. I mean if you don't feel like you have enough energy increase your carbs as well.. but imo what slows you down is your caloric intake..

Comment

So i can bump my proteins back to around 400 or so over the next week i prefer more i just figured i was eating way to many cals in a day i was at the start eating about 40 egg whites a day with about 30 oz of meat with the same carb intake i doubt i need to go that high but from the sounds of it ill start seen some more results.

Comment

I mean I'm not an expert but I kinda had the same issue.. turned out to be my caloric intake.. you want to meet your daily requirement, maybe a lil up, then make a deficit... 2200 cals is nothing, I mean I burn well over a thousand calorie when I do my HIIT cardio... I'd say eat a minimum of 2600, see what happens.. if you gain fat, lower it a bit, if nothing, add calories.. I can't lose fat if I don't reach 2800 calories minimum a day

Comment

Wow but it makes sense whn i was reading bmr it was saying at my weight and activity lvl i should be around 3300 to maintain i thought it was kinda high ive never eat that much to add my size. To be honest this cutting diet is the most ive ever ate its just all clean food ill try uping my protein and see what happens.

Im not fluid on diets if 1 over loads cals from protein can it also get turned into fat i know its hard on the kidneys but what about it being stored or is it like say vitamin c where you just secreat it? Sry for the newb ?s just tryin to get it all together so i dont waste my time or any1 elses

Comment

I'd say stick to 300-400 cals every 2-3hrs... also it depends on the shakes.. some aren't hard on the kidneys, some are.. it also depends on your metabolism, it's like a muscle, it gets used to your diet... the more you eat, the faster it'll be, the more fat it'll burn... 3300 sounds like a lot but it really isn't.. i mean it'd be for me on a cutting diet but at your height it sounds good.. up your protein intake, but especially your calories.. everything can be turned into fat... just don't eat a 2000 calories meal... eat little, but often...

Comment

i only stick to 2 shakes any ways but i would like to go back to my 10+ meals a day i loved eating every 2 hrs only reason i stopped was i thought i was eating to much. but im ok keepin my carbs and fats how there are now?

Comment

Yeah, I mean it all depends on your energy level, if you feel like you don't have the energy to do your cardio then up it a bit, you don't wanna use your muscles as fuel.. I had that problem a while back.. it takes time to find the right numbers but if you monitor what you're doing you'll find the perfect amount of each... but imo the carbs aren't the issue since you do plenty of cardio.... 10 meals a day is awesome, the more the better.. just make sure to get your carbs in the morning and try to avoid them after 4pm.. essential fatty acids are good for you..

Comment

Can i throw in a whole egg with a few off my meals i really miss that tbh but cut it out cause of cals and fats. Even as i am atm i do 45 mins cardio after liftin weights 6 times a week and really can do more just dont casue i dont want to loose muscle.

Comment

Working...
                              X