Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oats and Protein Powder @ Breakfast?

Hi ladies and gentlemen,
    What are your opinions on protein powder and oats is it a good meal or does the heat of the oats destroy the protein? Also one one of the vets at the gym told me drinking coffee with meals removes a lot of the nutritional value of the food you are eating what are your thoughts?

i dont believe either one but thats just me and i have no science to back me up
    but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
    Hackleech

Comment

I'm with hack. It sounds a little far fetched. ALOT of people who bb eat oats for breakfast and drink a protein shake with them (including me). The coffee thing I have never even heard anything like that. It's true that after you boil things like broccoli it doesn't have the vitamin concentration that it would if you had eaten it raw. Maybe that's what the guy that told you that is thinking.
      Knowledge Is Power

Comment

Thats crazy. After heating up my oatmeal w/ milk I mix protein powder with it. For extra taste. Although I have never heard of the coffee idea. I could see coffee breaking down food faster therefore you maybe missing out on some nutrients (hardly any, if any at all). Thats why a nutritionist tell patients/clients to eat there meals slowly. Although I wouldn't go around repeating what this guy says. like Hack said "its far fetched".
        Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

in a perfect world u could avoid everything that my be bad 4 U .

u don't want to cook most protein powders so don't cook it in ur Oats add it after cooked. (i researched this wanted protein pancakes).

Coffee has some chemicals supposedly that my inhibit amino acids or protein synthesis but in this day and age u cant eat anything, everything seems to have something in it that gives u cancer, high cholesterol or shrinks u dick?????????
          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I add at least a scoop to plain oats, makes it so much better
            sigpic

Comment

Some people do it all the time. Muscle Milk or EvoPro in oatmeal is downright awesome. Also, I've done a scoop of protein with a half cup of oats and about 8oz of milk several times. Just eating it raw is still pretty damn good. If you get plain instant oats there is really nothing wrong with it. If you do heat it, add the protein toward the end (you can take it off the heat and add the protein and whisk it in.

Comment

i NEVER heat my oats. i have a hard enough time eating early in the morning, and once you cook oats they swell up and make me full before i finish. i just throw 50g of protein and 1 cup of raw/uncooked, plain ole quaker oats in the blender with a bottle water. blend for 30 seconds and slam it down, breakfast of champs!
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

Protein powder and oats is good! Oatmeal with some protein powder, I love it.
                  Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

Pushinweight nailed it. thats how i eat my oats. i blend the oats first in a magic bullet. then dump the dry blended oats in a shaker with 4 scoops of myofusion. bring that to work and mix it with 4 cups of 2% or D milk.

Comment

Working...
                    X