Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mis use of steriods is it illegal =law enforcement and nj resident new laws july

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis use of steriods is it illegal =law enforcement and nj resident new laws july

A must read new law on scripts and recent research. Be informed . Police beinformed.
    Http:/www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases11/pr20110707c.html
    sorry about my caps guys, im still from gullian barre and yping with knuckles.
    RonnyT
    Last edited by RonnyT; 08-12-2011, 11:41 AM.

tried to make the link work

Attorney General Announces Strict Reforms to Curtail Improper Steroid Use Among Law Enforcement in New Jersey

View Report

http://www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases11/pr20110707c.html

HAMILTON ? Attorney General Paula T. Dow today announced a number of stringent reforms designed to curtail the improper prescription, distribution, possession and usage of anabolic steroids, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) among law enforcement personnel and state and local employees.

Attorney General Dow announced the reforms at the New Jersey Forensic Science Technology Center in Hamilton, where drug analysis is performed. The reforms follow an assessment by a Study Group which was tasked by the Attorney General with examining law enforcement drug testing policies, the role physicians may play when these drugs are improperly dispensed, greater insurance and prescription monitoring, and the costs to the public.

According to the report, issued by the Study Group, the legitimate medical uses of steroids, HGH and HCG are limited to a very small number of medical conditions. However, because there was little scrutiny until recently of prescription claims filed by law enforcement officers and others receiving steroids, HGH and HCG, the potential for improper prescribing of these substances was high. In addition, the lack of disciplinary action by regulators against physicians who improperly prescribed these substances and the failure to adequately screen and monitor prescription drugs created a recipe for abuse.

?It is important that we strengthen oversight, regulation and investigation in order to discourage the improper use of steroids throughout New Jersey?s law enforcement community and ensure the public?s confidence,? said Attorney General Dow. ?Law enforcement holds a special trust based on its authority and must be held to the highest standard of professionalism. These reforms tighten the safeguards against abuse not only by law enforcement, but by other members of public health plans and doctors who improperly prescribe these substances.?

The Attorney General?s reforms address three key issues: misuse of anabolic steroids and human growth hormones, improper prescription of these substances by physicians, and increased health care costs linked to such conduct. Attorney General Dow intends to adopt the following recommendations made in the report.

With regard to users of these medications, the Study Group made several recommendations:

■The Attorney General?s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy will be amended to add anabolic steroids to the list of substances tested for under the Policy. Testing of officers will be conducted at the discretion of the law enforcement executive.
    ■The Drug Testing Policy will also be amended to require officers who test positive for a controlled dangerous substance or steroid to produce a letter from the prescribing physician confirming that the substance is being administered for a medically recognized purpose after appropriate diagnosis and that use of the substance does not render the officer unfit for duty.
    ■The Attorney General is encouraging local law enforcement to require self-reporting of anabolic steroids or HGH pursuant to her authority to determine fitness for duty.
    ■Once the Drug Testing Policy has been amended, the Attorney General will issue a memorandum to all law enforcement under her authority advising them of these changes
    and, more generally, about potential criminal and employment penalties that arise from improperly obtaining, possessing or distributing these substances.
    ■The Attorney General?s office has submitted a recommendation to the Division of Pensions and Benefits that HGH prescriptions and most (approx. 80 percent) of anabolic steroid prescriptions be filled by mail order only by Medco, the State of New Jersey?s prescription benefits manager, to ensure complete fidelity to its new protocols instituted on March 1, 2011.
    With regard to physicians, the Study Group recommended the following:

■The Attorney General will convene a working group of investigators, prosecutors and attorneys who handle prescription drug fraud. This working group will meet on a quarterly basis to share information, update counterparts on any new reporting, tips, complaints or information received from informants or defendants seeking plea deals and other ?word on the street? information.
    ■The Attorney General is directing the State Board of Medical Examiners to review current regulations related to anabolic steroids and HGH and to convene a panel of experts to propose amendments that will curtail prescription of HGH for anti-aging purposes.
    ■As part of the implementation of the Prescription Monitoring Program, in addition to anabolic steroids, which will be tracked along with all Schedule II-V drugs, the Director of the Division of Consumer Affairs, pursuant to statutory authority given to him, will include HGH among the substances the database tracks.
    ■The Study Group has recommended that the Attorney General call for passage of legislation that will specifically target the unlawful prescription of medications by
    physicians. While state law currently provides for criminal sanction for health care claims fraud and improper dispensing of Schedule III substances, the Attorney General is
    supportive of a bill that would broadly address fraudulent and deceptive practices in this area.
    With regard to costs, the Study Group discovered the following:

The Study Group was advised by Medco that the total cost to the state benefit plan for anabolic steroid and HGH prescriptions in 2010 was a little more than $11.2 million, which included about $6.3 million for treatment of roughly 6,000 individuals prescribed anabolic steroids and about $4.9 million for just over 200 patients who received human growth hormone. Prescription of anabolic steroids ranked 45th out of the 172 subcategories of prescriptions filled by Medco, and HGH rated 53rd. The safeguards will discourage improper prescription and dispensing of these substances by health care professionals.

Attorney General Dow stated, ?With these reforms in place, users will officially be on notice, prosecutors will be better armed to prosecute abusers, and hopefully health insurers will be better positioned to control the exorbitant costs associated with the misuse of steroids.?

The report notes that the State?s ability to prosecute law enforcement officers for improperly using steroids and billing them to public health plans was hindered in the past by the officers? ability to claim that they thought what they were doing was proper because doctors were prescribing the substances, pharmacies were dispensing them, and insurers were paying for them. The Study Group concludes that one of the most effective ways to improve the State?s ability to investigate and prosecute abusers is to force them out of the doctor?s office, through the recommended reforms, and relegate them to black market sources. Prosecutors then can avoid defenses centered on the fact that the substances were prescribed by a medical practitioner.

The Attorney General assembled the Study Group following a newspaper series that revealed that members of law enforcement have sought anabolic steroids, HGH and HCG for the purposes of muscle enhancement and/or ?lifestyle improvement.?

Attorney General Dow commended the members of the Study Group for their examination and recommendations.

The Study Group includes: First Assistant Attorney General Phillip Kwon, Division of Criminal Justice Director Stephen Taylor, Division of Criminal Justice Deputy Directors Dermot O?Grady and Riza Dagli, Division of Consumer Affairs Director Thomas Calcagni, Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan, Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia Valdes, Mercer County Prosecutor Joseph Bocchini, Hoboken Public Safety Director Angel Alicea, Assistant Attorney General Sharon Joyce, Deputy Attorney General Joseph Fanaroff, and New Jersey Public Employees? Health Benefit Programs Manager David Pointer.

The Study Group consulted with representatives from the New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association, the State Troopers Fraternal Association of New Jersey, the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police and
    Attached Files

Comment

thank's for posting people in the area will need to read this fortunately it dose not apply to me in the uk

Comment

and now MDs will be even less open minded about AAS. great!
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

yet they hand out xanax and adderal like tylenols

Comment

Yea I think it's so much better if all the cops sit in the donut shop getting fucking fat and costing millions and millions in health care cost due to obesity, inability to perform dailey job functions without getting reprimanded because 90% of all departments don't have even minimum standards of physical fitness. Perfectly OK! Now lets persecute everybody that goes to the gym and works out six days a week and takes a profound interest in staying in shape but happen to use aas to attain their goals. Yes they are huge criminals worthy of losing their jobs, having their basic civil liberties stripped from them like some third rate citizen.

I just loathe our government!!! No wonder we r going down the shitter so fast. Priorities are fucked!!!!
            MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

Thanks for adding the link guys. My guillian Barre, stops me from using my left hand, so i could not add it. I have tons of info that I want to share with u. I need to get better first. i was in england and russia for one month each prior to getting GUILLIAN BARRE never got to train with ronny coleman . new subtance not known in usa yet. thanks.
              RonnyT
              Last edited by RonnyT; 08-15-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: removed the long quotes

Comment

Thanks Ronny T, your the best
                RonnyT
                Last edited by RonnyT; 08-15-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

sloooow

The computer at my home broke down and now this one in my week-end house has a virus and is so fucking slow..annoying. Tomorrow someone comes to fix it.
                  I just posted this to show the US govn arrest one side of society and leaves the doctors the Florida gouvernor and his family to keep their millions earned with drugs.
                  http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/conte...ar-criminality

I'll finish the article when my computer is fixed . Safelife nice to be able to communicate again. The disease is not able to keep you away from our forum .
                  Once you're fully recoverd you can post on the blog also..

Comment

Thanks ronny t looking forward

Comment

Working...
                    X