Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet geared towards convenience and min prep help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet geared towards convenience and min prep help?

I have quite a lengthy post on my up-coming cycle in the cycle log section, so this is kinda in conjunction with that...
    This is my diet outline.
    I work 5p-530a at least 5 days a week so my schedule is busy and lacks time to do much of anything beyond shit shower shave work gym.
    This diet is geared toward convenience and minimal prep time as I dont have much if any time to do that. If I do get some time to prep it only consists of cooking up a couple bags of chicken breast and substituting an equal amount of chicken to replace the tuna. I use the packet tuna and the whole grain brown rice packets by Uncle Ben's.
    I have 1 cheat day a week that I use to goto my favorite breakfast restaurant and I keep it modest.

Also the Apple/Banana at the end of each meal is there because if I get hungry between meals I will eat one or the other, but not always. I usually end up eatting 2 apples and 2 banana's a day roughly.

Anyway here it is, let me know what you guys think

3:45pm(Wakeup) : ? Scoop Whey Protein, ? Tsp Beta Alanine, 6 AST BCAA 4500, 1 Vitamin C 1g.

4:00pm : 1 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, 2 Tbsp Power Butter, 1 AnimalPak, 1 AnimalFlex.

7:00pm : 1 Cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt, ? Cup Bear Naked Protein Granola, 1 Apple/Banana.

10:00pm : 5.2oz Tuna, 2 Cups Brown Rice, Apple/Banana.

1:00am : 1 Cup Chobani Greek Yogurt, ? Cup Bear Naked Protein Granola, 1 Apple/Banana.

4:00am : 5.2oz Tuna, 2 Cups Brown Rice, 1 Apple/Banana.

5:45am : 2 ? Scoops SuperPump Max, 2 Tsp AST GL3, ? Tsp Beta Alanine, 6 AST BCAA 4500, 1 AnimalStak, 2 Vitamin C 1g.

6:00am : 2 Scoops Whey Protein,? Cup Oats.

Workout 6:00am-8:00am : 1 Scoop SizeOn.

8:00am : 2 Scoops Whey Protein, ? Cup Oats, 2 Tsp AST GL3, ? Tsp Beta Alanine, 6 AST BCAA 4500, 1 Vitamin C 1g.

8:30am : 7.8oz Tuna, 2 Cups Brown Rice.

10:00am : 1 Cup Non-Fat Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Scoop Casein Protein In 8oz Skim Milk), 1 Vitamin C 1g, 1 AnimalPM, 3 AST BCAA 4500.

Sleep @ 10:30

I use Ambien if I have trouble falling asleep right away, but that is sporadic at best.
    SS7
    Last edited by SS7; 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM.

Ill say one thing i do is have baggies and portable dishware and labels ready and do most of my prep cooking on one designated day ( i use sundays) And I label everything. I eat 7 times a day so example would be my monday breakfast stuff will be labeled Mon-1 next meal at 10am Mon-2 and so on based on schedule. Everything is pre calculated and i use shakes and Meal replacement bars as extras on days i either want extra calories or carbs. Then u know exactly how much of everything youre getting per day. Only thing i usually dont pre portion is dinners which i usually try something new every night and theres alot of good recipes on here thanks to the bro F.I.S.T . Just giving some insight on to how i do things maybe that will help

Comment

Yea, that's why I keep my meals uniform to each other. So I don't have to figure out when I eat what. Also helps with shopping, makes it super quick.
      The reason I go with the packets is a couple reasons, first because of how mobile they are, can throw them in my gym bag, glove compartment, briefcase. Always ready and easy to eat/mix on the go and don't spoil. Could leave it in the car or wherever for a couple days and its g2g. Second is since I know the exact amounts of each packet, adjusting my diet to my routine is super easy. I want to lean out my diet for cutting, drop the maple syrup, rice and granola and switch to mainly chicken rather than tuna to cut down the sodium. I'd say switch to the sodium free tuna, but I can't stand the rubbery taste it has. Want to tip the scales if Im not gaining, add another half or full packet of rice to each meal and flavor up my yogurt with more granola.
      Only downside is monotony. If your a person that can't stand eating the same thing day in and day out then it would get old quick. I can understand that. I personally don't have a problem with it. I learned to look at food as nothing more than fuel in the Marines. What also helps in the flavor department with this, is I put Ortega taco sauce on my rice and tuna to give it some flavor without adding almost any calories. Salsa works too but it has more calories than the taco sauce. I do understand the need to switch things up still though, that's why I try to cook up chicken whenever I get time, it's a nice treat. Hard boiled eggs are my favorite, I sometimes swap out the tuna with them as well on rare occasions. Put alittle Chulula hot sauce on em.. Yum! I keep it sporadic because I use them as a "treat"

My girlfriend eats healthy and makes good meals with comparable values that have a lot more flavor and variety in mixing things up, but I still choose to stick to my own diet. Just helps the routine for me. If I switch things up much I can lose focus and then other things might slip. She doesn't understand it but she's stopped buggin me to try her meals all the time.
      Anyway, just alittle bit of foresight into the method of my mayhem and my reasoning behind it.

Comment

Do you know what your macros are? I'd be curious to see what your total protein intake is - at a glance it looks like it may be a little low. But, I could be wrong.
        I also premake my meals once a week and I eat 6 times a day. Here are the daily protein sources I take in.
        -2 eggs 8 egg whites
        -2 scoops whey protein
        -8 oz ground turkey
        -8 oz beef or bison
        -8 oz chicken breast
        -8 oz white fish (cod or tilapia).
        I got it down to 3 hours of cooking every Sunday and use an assload of tupperware and baggies.

Comment

Working...
        X