Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipotle-&-Orange Grilled Chicken

Chipotle-&-Orange Grilled Chicken

Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce contribute a rich smokiness to this quick orange-infused barbecue sauce.

4 servings
    Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients

2 tablespoons orange-juice concentrate, thawed
    1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, (see Note)
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    2 teaspoons unsulfured molasses
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts,trimmed
    Salt to taste

Preparation

Preheat grill or broiler.
    Whisk together orange-juice concentrate, chipotle pepper, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
    Lightly oil the grill or broiler rack (see Tip). Season chicken with salt and grill or broil for 2 minutes. Turn, brush with the glaze and cook for 4 minutes, brushing occasionally with glaze. Turn again, brush with the glaze, and cook until the center is no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer.

Nutrition

Per serving:
    149 calories;
    3 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono );
    63 mg cholesterol;
    7 g carbohydrates;
    2 g added sugars;
    23 g protein;
    0 g fiber;
    154 mg sodium;
    300 mg potassium.
    Attached Files

This sounds really good. We've been buying the skin on/bone in chicken breasts lately. Not only is it much cheaper, but the chicken is much more juicy, and the skin is easy to pull off and discard (which is what I do). We'll have to try out this recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Honey View Post
      This sounds really good. We've been buying the skin on/bone in chicken breasts lately. Not only is it much cheaper, but the chicken is much more juicy, and the skin is easy to pull off and discard (which is what I do). We'll have to try out this recipe.
      They are cheaper,just a little more work.Just be sure to take the skin off and trim them before you cook them.Healthyier that way.Let me know how you like it.

Comment

Working...
      X